• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Apparently Nicki's new single is coming at midnight.
I am uncharacteristically interested in hearing this. Just very curious, I suppose. I mean, it could be anything. Super catchy and fun or the same four words over and over again creating a "song" that you want to slit your wrists to.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The Bruises song did okay on Urban/Rhythmic radio (they still use him), but she's gonna slay a bit cause she's been so absent, I think. I think people are ready to give her another chance after her stillborn PFRR era.

That alber still hasn't sold 1M units (rofl)

Touchdown

Banned
OMG it leaked and it's glorious.

ibu4ZURqVqVFj2.gif

EDIT: OMG The REmix!!!!

67990_900.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
The other option is that it's a tour DVD.
I would be okay with that.

I can't see them releasing any more singles this era. There's no point. Her tour finished today (2/11), and it's not like a single will chart amazingly well from that CD at this point.

A single would almost have to be from a new CD, and it's too early for that, isn't it? She usually releases in the fall.

xaosslug

Just listened to Little Red, what an unremarkable experience that was.

the only song that left an impression was Still. No tea. No shade.

You're Mine ft. Trey Songz

Someone give me a buzz when her album comes out. Maybe there'll be an actually adventurous track or two.

it's like... is being a feature ON HA OWN TRACKS how she's gonna go about it this era? Triumphant was teh harbinger of tidings to come, it seems...

Mau ®

Madonna is about to make a new alberm:

“Yes, plans are in the works already. Don’t ask me with who, it’s a secret, top secret,” Madonna said coyly in a red carpet interview Tuesday night at Hard Candy Fitness club in Toronto.

Stay perched
to see if it'll be good

3phemeral

I originally liked the intro to the remix version better but after more listens yeah I think you're right.

It also unfortunately confirms that she mimed the BET Honors performance. Just from the leaked perf. audio, the part that was initially obvious was near the end, where she sings "seeeeeem to" because of the breath requirement she'd need from the transition after is too short. But now I'm pretty certain it's 100% lipped, even up to the whistle at the end where it fades and the echo amplifies.

*suffering from WBT nightmares of her not knowing when to pull the mic from her face during the long belt*

Whatever, I like the standalone track, at least. QUEEN.

Touchdown

Banned
ISLAND DEF JAM is pushing up the release

@IslandRecords: We're 15 minutes away from the long awaited release of @MariahCarey's new single "You're Mine (Eternal)". RT if you're excited #lambily!

They are pushing this right on top of Nicki's mess.

Mumei

I like it, don't love it. And I'm disappointed by the remix; I often like her remixes better than the standard studio track and this was just sort of dull.

Touchdown

Banned
I like it, don't love it. And I'm disappointed by the remix; I often like her remixes better than the standard studio track and this was just sort of dull.

Hmmm I liked it. :p That intro pops the whole thing off.

EDIT: ugh, it's not up yet and I have work early tomorrow. :/ Hope it's up by 7am so I can get it for the drive in the morning. 'Night all. :p

royalan

I'm curious to she how she'll do. She struggled with it at d23. There isn't even a full performance of it.

There's audio of her performing the full song at an event a few weeks ago somewhere on the internet. She sounded fine to me. Nailed the big note in the end.

3phemeral

There's audio of her performing the full song at an event a few weeks ago somewhere on the internet. She sounded fine to me. Nailed the big note in the end.
Hm, I ave to find it. The short section she did at D23, her timing was off constantly. It cut off before she got to the most difficult sections.

It seems Flopping Returns was inspired by Katy Perry and Gaga. It seems it might touch 61 if it keeps going lower.

KuGsj.gif

Where Superman at? :eyes:

This summary at the end of the EGM review.

EGM said:
The Good Final Fantasy XIII is finally over.
The Bad Combat that had the potential to be interesting, but just feels clumsy and awkward.
The Ugly Every line of dialogue and every single story beat.

d

Don't hold back.

Bladenic

The UK has been slaying 2014 so far. Katy B, Little Mix, and Daley so far. Excited for the rest of the year. I'm kind of excited to hear Adele if she releases this year, assuming she changes it up a bit since she's happy and stuff now.

Holy shit, y'all were NOT frontin' when you said Little Mix their Salute shits and slays lives.

I'm being taken to a higher plane rn. The feminist antherm of our generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom