• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I CRY.

It would have slain. As it is, Faye Wong just sucks and I can't stand her rendition of it.

The scenario director at the time was busy being slain by her new CD, which helped her get the part.

Interviewer: Did you plan on using Faye Wong (a very popular female musician in Asia) for that song?

Uematsu: I didn't know anything about her apart from her name. We planned on including a song [with vocals] in this game and I composed the melody on its own early in the process. When we got to the point where we neded to find out who we'd hire to sing it for us, everyone on the staff sat down and listened to CDs from various singers. Celine Dion, Mariah Carrey, and so on. Among those, (Scenario writer) Nojima lost himself in Faye Wong's CD, and when I listened to it, it was the one that made the biggest impression, and we decided to go with this person.

royalan

If that ain't the biggest load of BS.

I find it hard to believe that Mariah or Celine would have been caught DEAD singing a track for a video game. Maybe now, but definitely not back then.

Touchdown

Banned
If that ain't the biggest load of BS.

I find it hard to believe that Mariah or Celine would have been caught DEAD singing a track for a video game. Maybe now, but definitely not back then.

I would so main Mariah in a video game.
52b0f867.gif

i5Xo4lk36g62S.gif

3phemeral

I learned from the FF8 thread that Eyes on Me was almost performed by Celine Dion or even Mariah. O__O

The scenario director at the time was busy being slain by her new CD, which helped her get the part.

SquareSoft would never be able to afford them. I'm sure they "considered" it, but really? lol Absolutely no way. I wish they did, though, because they would fix those broken ass lyrics.

I just spent two hours reading threads trashing Kylie on some random Madonna forums. There were at least some great jokes at Kylie's expense. I personally love her, but it was interesting to see people try to tear her down.

iCl8KdSaCVQC4.jpg

Anyway, ready for the new album! I'm going to step away from the computer now.

Just listened to Little Red, what an unremarkable experience that was.
mte. Katy B is so bland IMO.

I just spent two hours reading threads trashing Kylie on some random Madonna forums. There were at least some great jokes at Kylie's expense. I personally love her, but it was interesting to see people try to tear her down.

Anyway, ready for the new album! I'm going to step away from the computer now.

Some Madonna fans annoy the hell out of me, always thinking someone is copying her.

Nemesis_

Claws up, Housewives! Mother Monster herself, Lady Gaga, recently tapped the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast to star in her super-secret new music video, sources reveal exclusively to Us Weekly.

The video was built around the cast of Bravo's hit series, which currently features Lisa Vanderpump, Kyle Richards, Kim Richards, Brandi Glanville, Yolanda Foster, Joyce Giraud de Ohoven, and Carlton Gebbia. It was taped shortly after the dramatic RHOBH reunion special, and also features a cameo by Andy Cohen.

Gaga, 27, is a known fan of the Housewives franchise. During an appearance on Watch What Happens Live in September 2013, she told host Andy Cohen she likes "all the cities." (Bravo has had Housewives installments in Orange County, New York City, Atlanta, New Jersey, Beverly Hills, Washington, D.C., and Miami.)

"I really like Karent [Sierra, formerly of RHOM], because everybody hates her because she's gorgeous," the "Applause" singer said. "And then I also love Nene [Leakes], 'cause she's just really real. And Kandi [Burruss] 'cause the girl's written a lot of great hit songs." (Atlanta Housewife Burruss is behind No. 1 tunes like TLC's "No Scrubs" and Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills.")

"[I also like] Lisa Vanderpump," the Artpop star told Cohen of the glamorous Brit. "Mostly because she doesn't give any f--ks."

Asked whether she'd thought of what her Real Housewives tagline would be if she were on the show, Gaga stood up to demonstrate for the camera. "They may say I'm a woman," she purred, swiveling her hips. "But underneath, I'm all man."

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-cast-2014112

iKAz4bCfHrc7y.gif

Touchdown

Banned
While some pop girls are telling people to do what they want with their bodies, pu**y this pu**y dat, get filthy when that liquor get into me; She remains above it all, putting out such classy mature smooth songs. I feel blessed to stan such a legend.
ed2305b7.png

While some pop girls are telling people to do what they want with their bodies, pu**y this pu**y dat, get filthy when that liquor get into me; She remains above it all, putting out such classy mature smooth songs. I feel blessed to stan such a legend.
ed2305b7.png
Have you listened to Honey lately? I think Rihanna's the only guerl who wouldn't be left blushing.

In any case, Mariah's lyrics have sucked tender donkey ass this entire era (this entire decade, for that matter). I'd rather listen to a Nick Cannon stand-up routine, or dem babies having an ass explosion.

Touchdown

Banned
Have you listened to Honey lately? I think Rihanna's the only guerl who wouldn't be left blushing.

In any case, Mariah's lyrics have sucked tender donkey ass this entire era (this entire decade, for that matter). I'd rather listen to a Nick Cannon stand-up routine, or dem babies having an ass explosion.

Looks like Mimi will have to earn your stan card back this era. I'll do my best to help.

275018.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom