• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to listen to the rest of the album, but I keep going back to Salute.

I didn't even bother with their first one because I hate Wings and DNA. But this one is already going in.

Nemesis_

The usually tranquil hilltop estate of publishing mogul William Randolph Hearst was the site of a Hollywood-style video shoot starring pop diva Lady Gaga. The five-time Grammy Award-winner was nowhere to be seen Tuesday – but many of the rough 125 cast and crew members working on her project were.

Dancers and security staff, many bundled in sweaters and coats, strolled the property, which is now a state historical monument. Crew members could be seen spray-painting large inflatable plastic swans in metallic sheens and carrying props such as a giant plaster seashell, antique furniture and garbage bags full of fake flowers.

The hub of activity Tuesday was the Roman Pool, a blue-and-gold tiled indoor pool decorated with statues of gods, goddesses and heroes in the manner of an ancient Roman bath.

At one end of the room, a group gathered around a movie camera in front of a wall-sized white backdrop illuminated by Klieg-style lights while music blared from a stack of speakers. According to Remar Sutton, board member of the Hearst Castle Preservation Foundation, the production planned to film at the Roman Pool on Tuesday before moving on to the outdoor Neptune Pool on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Sutton led a small group of friends and supporters – including Robert Gresens, district engineer for the Cambria Community Services District, and CoastHills Federal Credit Union CEO Jeff York – through the film site. They picnicked on the steps in front of the Neptune pool.

Sutton remained mum about the specific details of the video project Gaga has in the works, but said it’s “the most extensive shoot she’s done.”

He said the pop diva is directing the video with the help of two other filmmakers, Nicole Ehrlich and Andrew Listermann. Production is scheduled to wrap up in October, Sutton said.

According to Sutton, Gaga first expressed interest in filming the estate Hearst dubbed “La Cuesta Encantada” about three weeks ago. After sending a scouting party, she personally toured Hearst Castle on Feb. 3.

Before coming to Hearst Castle, Sutton said, Gaga’s production crew shot footage in Los Angeles and at the Louvre museum in Paris, where an exhibition showcasing the performer is currently installed. Robert Wilson’s “Living Rooms” features a video of Gaga posing as various works of art, including “The Death of Marat” and “Head of St. John the Baptist.”

Since the Deed of Trust between Hearst Corp. and the state of California prohibits commercial enterprises at Hearst Castle, film shoots are extremely rare. (Part of the 1960 period epic “Spartacus” was shot there.)

“We’ve turned down every single thing. We have never allowed a commercial shoot,” said Sutton, a foundation board member for about 13 years. “The general rule has been ‘no.’”

One of the reasons the foundation allowed Gaga’s shoot is the “extraordinary exposure (the project) will bring to a new generation,” Sutton said, adding that the performer is passionate about sharing Hearst Castle with her fans. “She feels like she can engage young people in art,” he said.

Gaga, her parents and her associates are donating $250,000 to the foundation; they’ll also pay the castle’s standard $22,100 special fee, underwrite a $25,000 water supply study, and reimburse the state for all production-related costs.

In addition, Gaga will shoot a water conservation public service announcement and a short feature on the castle, to be donated to the foundation.

post3-658x350.jpg

http://ladygaganow.net/?p=13300

fucking OCTOBER THOUGH is this bitch even working on music anymore T_T

HmmmmmmmmmT. Salute's an okay album. But not much really stands out to me after one listen.

Except the title track of course which shits on multiple discographies.

maybe she's filming THE FAME: Part 2, which will be released alongside The Fame Monster: Volume 2.

Go in.

Nix The Fame Part 2 tho. Nobody needs that TRASH to see a revival.

yall stay fuming that lightning is the most iconic and powerful [I N D E P E N D E N T] woman in gaming history. princess peach tried it with her misogyny simulator and using a frying pan in smash u__u

a trilogy all to herself. slay.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
October? that doesn't even make sense
Still it sounds like it should be stunning if nothing else

Mau ®

As I went on my daily run I put on my iPhone on Rihanna Shuffle as it had been a while since I had used ha for my cardio sessions.

Midway through the workout I came to the RIHalization that over the short span of her impressive career she's amassed so.many.bops... and then an epiphany hit me like punch to the The Queen inside a Ferrari on a cold February night:

Your faves really could never.

yall stay fuming that lightning is the most iconic and powerful [I N D E P E N D E N T] woman in gaming history. princess peach tried it with her misogyny simulator and using a frying pan in smash u__u

a trilogy all to herself. slay.

Niece, when was your fave an iconic world saver turned pop star?

I can't even remember one iconic thing Shitning did in all three of her messy flop games.

I mean when you have to give your fave a Cloud DLC outfit just to keep her relevant, there's a problem.

cory64

So Gaga is making something that has a production split by months of touring. I'm sure this will work out well, it's not like she's going to change her mind about a million different things.

royalan

I hate what Square has done to Lightening. It's like as soon as they get a character the tiniest bit established, they have to go and ruin it with fuckin cosplay/otaku BS, which completely ruins the character.

Remember the days when Square used to create games, and then left them the fuck alone to be great?

post3-658x350.jpg

http://ladygaganow.net/?p=13300

fucking OCTOBER THOUGH is this bitch even working on music anymore T_T

I don't even know anymore.

I'm excited at the prospect of the video being something epic and fresh.... I don't buy the October thing though. UNLESS she's doing a visual album for ARTPOP Part 2?

Keep in mind that picture Gaga shared with the bullet board sprayed with question marks? The left bulletin was labeled "VIDEO" and not "VIDEOS." The fact that it's singular tells me that she's probably doing one giant movie that includes a handful of songs. Like a pop opera. Can you imagine the scalping??

Mumei

I hate what Square has done to Lightening. It's like as soon as they get a character the tiniest bit established, they have to go and ruin it with fuckin cosplay/otaku BS, which completely ruins the character.

Remember the days when Square used to create games, and then left them the fuck alone to be great?

Beyoncé is truly always on your mind.

Nemesis_

I don't even know anymore.

I'm excited at the prospect of the video being something epic and fresh.... I don't buy the October thing though. UNLESS she's doing a visual album for ARTPOP Part 2?

Keep in mind that picture Gaga shared with the bullet board sprayed with question marks? The left bulletin was labeled "VIDEO" and not "VIDEOS." The fact that it's singular tells me that she's probably doing one giant movie that includes a handful of songs. Like a pop opera. Can you imagine the scalping??

It's all so over the place with her right now. She posted that Calendar Man-realness photo and it legitimately seemed like she realised the problems with the launch of her album and wanted to rectify them with "all these surprises". But then she all of a sudden goes dark again and releases a second single that she does little to promote / pretends doesn't exists and then films a video for what.....eight months from now? :|

I don't even know. I presume whatever she does on Fallon this coming week will give us some hints as to just what she's doing.

It's all so over the place with her right now. She posted that Calendar Man-realness photo and it legitimately seemed like she realised the problems with the launch of her album and wanted to rectify them with "all these surprises". But then she all of a sudden goes dark again and releases a second single that she does little to promote / pretends doesn't exists and then films a video for what.....eight months from now? :|

I don't even know. I presume whatever she does on Fallon this coming week will give us some hints as to just what she's doing.

I'm worried she's gonna do DWUW again coz she just released the remixes. Though something tells me she's going to do a random album song like Gypsy again.

I'm here for whatever she does at this point. Gone are the days of me being worried for the era :(

Nemesis_

I'm worried she's gonna do DWUW again coz she just released the remixes. Though something tells me she's going to do a random album song like Gypsy again.

I'm here for whatever she does at this point. Gone are the days of me being worried for the era :(

Remixes are more of a formality for her I've noticed, I don't think they point to anything else. Traditionally I am pretty sure she's put out remixes AFTER videos.

If she does a video for DWUW she is quite literally insane and has lost it and I will question whether I ever want to meet somebody so out of touch with reality

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
while i want to give gaga the benefit of the doubt, it's imo not encouraging to hear her resorting to the same already not-working 'just like, old art but in a pop video and stuff' that she's been trying since artpop dropped

but then again since the ultimate vindication of her work as an artist, according to gaga, is my neither thinking what she does is good or bad or even caring about it, whatever i think about her work vindicates it as art, so, i guess she has already won

Mumei

while i want to give gaga the benefit of the doubt, it's imo not encouraging to hear her resorting to the same already not-working 'just like, old art but in a pop video and stuff' that she's been trying since artpop dropped

but then again since the ultimate vindication of her work as an artist, according to gaga, is my neither thinking what she does is good or bad or even caring about it, whatever i think about her work vindicates it as art, so, i guess she has already won

setting_low_bar-1.jpg

tmarques

Am I the only one annoyed by the idea of a rich celebrity telling me to save water? Gaga probably wastes more water in a day than her entire fanbase does in a week.

LADIES ALL ACROSS THE WORLD
LISTEN UP WE'RE LOOKIN' FOR RECRUITS
IF YOU'RE WITH ME LEMME SEE YOUR HANDS
STAND UP AND SALUTE
GET YOUR KILLER HEELS, SNEAKERS, PUMPS OR LACE UP YOUR BOOTS
REPRESENTIN' ALL THE WOMEN
SALUTE, SALUTE

O2WCW7M.gif

SaintZ

LADIES ALL ACROSS THE WORLD
LISTEN UP WE'RE LOOKIN' FOR RECRUITS
IF YOU'RE WITH ME LEMME SEE YOUR HANDS
STAND UP AND SALUTE
GET YOUR KILLER HEELS, SNEAKERS, PUMPS OR LACE UP YOUR BOOTS
REPRESENTIN' ALL THE WOMEN
SALUTE, SALUTE

O2WCW7M.gif
Let me listen to it again and bop a bit

iyyyvtif6qxe.gif

it needs to be a single tbh

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The tour version of Salute doesn't have enough fierce strutting for my liking
all the way through I kept looking for the nazi salute what is wrong with me

SaintZ

Hot 100 this week

1. Dark Horse
2. Happy
3. Talk Dirty
4. Say Something
5. Let Her Go
6. Timber
7. Counting Stars
8. Drunk In Love