• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gaga will be on Jimmy Kimmel this Thursday so you can watch that while you are next to your PC livestreaming her performance on the same night
then she will give the SXSW keynote speech on Friday at 11 am

Its very cloudy here with rain coming and going every other hour, one would be lucky to find any sign of light to brighten their day
but through all the darkness I found a glimmer of hope as I arrived at my home. The pear tree in the back had something I had not seen in months, a flower.
Just one flower among a handful of leaves getting ready to consume the surrounding bare branches that winter had brought.
"Spring is here" I said to myself "the awakening cant be far off," as I entered my castle with a slight smile humming I wanna be that guy
anotado.gif

Styles

taylor-swift-money-makers-990.jpg

Taylor Swift
2013 Earnings: $39,699,575.60

Physical, digital, touring — Taylor Swift, 23, crushed it on pretty much every level in 2013, with merchandising, branding and sponsorships (not factored into her total haul) only upping her stature as a mainstream go-to. Indeed, Swift has hit that sweet-spot demo that captures revenue from every angle. Her album sales are eighth among all of Billboard’s Money Makers and trail only Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton among country acts. On the digital front, Swift is an elite artist at nearly 10 million downloads, ranking sixth, and she’s fifth in streaming royalties, leaving her country peers in the dust.
But where the singer truly shines is in touring, perhaps the best metric of fan passion. Swift’s revenue from six months of touring the United States on the global Red Tour tops all of her fellow Money Makers with an estimated take of $30 million. Beyond her take of ticket receipts, the tour boasted three integrated sponsorships (Keds, Elizabeth Arden, Diet Coke) whose estimated cash value is believed to be in the high seven figures, and, at $17 per head in merch sales, Swift stands to bring in an additional $10 million gross.

Justin Timberlake
2013 Earnings: $31,463,297.03

Beyoncé
2013 Earnings: $24,429,176.86
Between her nonstop touring and game-changing surprise iTunes album release, Beyonce certainly made the world bow down in 2013. Debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 617,000 in its first week, fifth studio album Beyonce accounted for 1.3 million of her total 1.6 million in album sales last year. Starting 2013 with the same bang she ended it with, Beyonce, 32, left her fierce imprint on the Super Bowl halftime show before embarking on the 132-date Mrs. Carter Show World Tour. Coming in at No. 8 on Billboard’s ranking of the top 25 tours of 2013, the trek had grossed $104.4 million, $59 million for the U.S. leg. Beyonce’s take? $19.9 million.

P!nk
$20,072,072.32

Rihanna
2013 Earnings: $13,794,186.16

The Barbados-born and -bred singer continued her chart assault with multiple hit singles, all emerging from her first U.S. No. 1 album, the fiery 2012 release "Unapologetic." She kicked off 2013 with “Stay,” the follow-up to Hot 100 chart-topper “Diamonds.” Its momentum (reaching No. 3) and that of subsequent singles “Pour It Up,” “Loveeeeeee Song” and “Right Now” helped contribute to $10.9 million in digital song sales. Also cushioning the star’s bottom line: her Diamonds Tour. Launched in March 2013, the trek finished at No. 5 on Billboard’s Top 25 Tours year-end chart, grossing $138 million and netting the 26-year-old a cool $9.3 million for the U.S. leg.

Lord is all about the music not the bling.

ibaVwjD0JiHqNr.gif

Global Queen Riri lagging behind the local flops - what?

ibjln4VEki6Ld.gif

Stefan™;103897011 said:
Lord is all about the music not the bling.

ibaVwjD0JiHqNr.gif

Global Queen Riri lagging behind the local flops - what?

ibjln4VEki6Ld.gif

Her brand name still has ways to go before competing with people like Justin or Beyonce, even Taylor. Funny that even though she's one of the most consistent chart toppers of all time, she still isn't even considered to be the most substantial contemporary act right now. When you look at it that way, you can't help but wonder what the missing ingredient is....

EDIT:

FUUUUUCK I almost went to this Austin gay club called Rain tonight (they air Drag Race) and of course the night I decide to stay in LADY FUCKING GAGA shows up. She's there right now being swarmed at the bar. I'm so fucking pissed. UGH.

Girls I am wrecked from this weekend. SXSW is a hot ass MESS.

In other news, Andy Cohen is a sloppy drunk. And he stepped on my good boots.

Are you gonna try and see Gaga?
I feel like it's gonna be a mess at Stubbs with people trying to get in, I'm just gonna avoid it altogether. Her keynote should be a more tame experience.

EDIT:

FUUUUUCK I almost went to this Austin gay club called Rain tonight (they air Drag Race) and of course the night I decide to stay in LADY FUCKING GAGA shows up. She's there right now being swarmed at the bar. I'm so fucking pissed. UGH.

ahhhh. I had a feeling she would show up at one of the gay clubs sooner or later. I didn't even know they aired Drag Race there, I might check it out next week lol.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Rihanna making over 70% of her total earnings last year from 1/3 of her tour dates, something doesn't add up.

How do you mean?
If the list is only for US earnings and stars take around 1/3 of the total gross (based on Bey's numbers) that means Rih earned ~30M from the US which isn't too out there considering she spent the most of the tour abroad

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
having a moment with Feels So Good

and it feeeeeels
yeah it feeeeeeeeels soooo goooood
when you're here
we are neeeaaaaaar toooooo love

cory64

How do you mean?
If the list is only for US earnings and stars take around 1/3 of the total gross (based on Bey's numbers) that means Rih earned ~30M from the US which isn't too out there considering she spent the most of the tour abroad
Hmm that sounds more right but it's still really strange that they're only counting US earnings. Tho I doubt that would help her ranking much.

Vitanimus

This sounds so basic, so expecting it to smash.

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/world-exclusive-review-of-upcoming-pop-album/125231/

albumreview1-590x1047.jpg

deffo seems like Lana to me?

if so, sounds pretty good, slightly disappointed that it's 'very much more of the same', i feel like she could have done something a lot more exciting with the LDR 'character'.

It's probably Lily, no way would our Dalai Lana's album be reviewed so early.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's probably Lily, no way would our Dalai Lana's album be reviewed so early.

the blurred out text doesn't fit lily though, it would have to hang below the line because of the y

and there's probably an unfinished/non-final mix version of lana's album ready already

Are you gonna try and see Gaga?
I feel like it's gonna be a mess at Stubbs with people trying to get in, I'm just gonna avoid it altogether. Her keynote should be a more tame experience.

ahhhh. I had a feeling she would show up at one of the gay clubs sooner or later. I didn't even know they aired Drag Race there, I might check it out next week lol.

Are you a fellow Austinite? That makes three from POP-GAF if true (unless Marius moved, I dunno)

Yeah I'm still 50-50 on whether I'll be getting in at Stubbs, but I know I won't be able to make the keynote since I have work. I'll be seeing her in July either way so I'm okay about it. I'm mostly pissed that I missed the mayhem last night at Rain. She was dressed down for the Gods and had that blonde giant braid off to one side. She looked adorbs :(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
what planet are you from?
accuse me of things that i've never done
listen to you carry on
cheating another love song

if i were in your shoes
i'd whisper before i shout
can't you stop playing that record again
find somebody else to talk about

if i were in your shoes
i'd worry of the effects
you've had your say but now it's my turn
sweet dreams my LA ex

iyjIEHlZO72TM.gif

revisiting this slice of popperfection today, receiving all of my life

Vazduh

what planet are you from?
accuse me of things that i've never done
listen to you carry on
cheating another love song

if i were in your shoes
i'd whisper before i shout
can't you stop playing that record again
find somebody else to talk about

if i were in your shoes
i'd worry of the effects
you've had your say but now it's my turn
sweet dreams my LA ex

iyjIEHlZO72TM.gif

revisiting this slice of popperfection today, receiving all of my life

OMG, yes, Rachel Stevens! Love that song. Her 2nd album is still amazing, let me reminisce.

Nothing Good About This Goodbye
I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)
All About Me
Some Girls

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
EDIT:

Omg why did I moved
Not this bitch touring Austin all week ughhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I still listen to BEYONCÉ every day. The staying power is real.

iQ3hWogFL3MHk.gif

Beyonce is synonymous with "staying power." Who else has had such a consistent presentation, style and income flow in the pop scene? She's like the anti-Madonna. Where she and her understudies re-invent themselves once their previous output wears out, Beyonce has stayed true to her own aesthetic since the start. It's kind of remarkable how influential her visual has been across so many facets, and it's because she's never really changed. I guess if you're perfect from the start you don't need to fix what ain't broke.

Beyonce is synonymous with "staying power." Who else has had such a consistent presentation, style and income flow in the pop scene? She's like the anti-Madonna. Where she and her understudies re-invent themselves once their previous output wears out, Beyonce has stayed true to her own aesthetic since the start. It's kind of remarkable how influential her visual has been across so many facets, and it's because she's never really changed. I guess if you're perfect from the start you don't need to fix what ain't broke.
Agreed on all fronts.

Except one.

That straw-dry, sun-parched, off honey-colored bundle of cobweb-covered fibers from her great-grandmother's dusty wig closet has to go.

Pronto.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Her brand name still has ways to go before competing with people like Justin or Beyonce, even Taylor. Funny that even though she's one of the most consistent chart toppers of all time, she still isn't even considered to be the most substantial contemporary act right now. When you look at it that way, you can't help but wonder what the missing ingredient is....

I know you're one of the most delusional posters here, but not even you believe this spool of lies... Unless you're further gone than even I think you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom