• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qazaq

Banned
The crazy thing about Carly Rae Jepsen is you think she's basically a pop-star hew and then you see she has like 6 million twitter followers.

SaintZ

I won't deny that I like Tonight I'm Getting Over You, Good Time and Curiosity but Carly is really bland and unremarkable as a pop star.

And the "30 year old canadian popstar who looks and dresses like a teenanger" schtick has been filled by Avril already.

I won't deny that I like Tonight I'm Getting Over You, Good Time and Curiosity but Carly is really bland and unremarkable as a pop star.

And the "30 year old canadian popstar who looks and dresses like a teenanger" schtick has been filled by Avril already.
Speaking of Avril, I listened to her whole album and I like it. I still think Hello Kitty is trash, and I also don't like You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet and Hush Hush. The rest of the tracks are pretty good.

Gaga wearing a Christmas tree hat.

I use.

tumblr_mxij0mtYkU1r3sf9do1_500.jpg

Qazaq

Banned
Tonight I'm Getting Over You
This Kiss
Good Time
I Know You Have A Girlfriend
Almost Said It
Turn Me Up
More Than A Memory
Call Me Maybe

Legit bops. Some really good potential there.

Her album is really underrated.

SaintZ

Speaking of Avril, I listened to her whole album and I like it. I still think Hello Kitty is trash, and I also don't like You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet and Hush Hush. The rest of the tracks are pretty good.
Bless. I like You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet. When she reaches those heey heeey heey is jusT :alexz:

I like Hush Hush better than Hello Heartache tbh. The one I don't use as much is Falling Fast which is a shame because I love the lyrics but it's just a little bit boring. Maybe with time I'll get into it.

Styles

Mama's hooked on Mary Kay.
Brother's hooked on Mary Jane.
Daddy's hooked on Mary two doors down.
Mary, Mary quite contrary.
We get bored, so, we get married
Just like dust, we settle in this town.
On this broken merry go 'round and 'round and 'round we go
Where it stops nobody knows and it ain't slowin' down.
This merry go 'round.

Kacey is punchinG me a biT.

iQ7ckFhYRrx1S.gif

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Underneath the Tree is a new Christmas classic tbh. What a bop.
I did listen to that a bit ago. Very fun song. I just don't believe in Christmas music before December, so I'd been avoiding everything else.

But this shit is so good.

Qazaq

Banned
Reading Soulscribe's LOTUS review.

In it, he said:

In my case, it’s her energetic vocal. “Come On Over” is the “mascot” track under her name from my point of view, and it perfectly demonstrates the way her vocals travel and build. It falls largely in her middle register, where her voice is most comfortable, and is allowed to demonstrate all its power without any strain. It also lets her alternate between her soft and hard vocal, and the instrumental is airy enough to give her ad libbing room to show that she has strong intonation. More songs like that, I think, are what I hope for with each Christina record. Back to Basics gave me an equally fabulous example of this “perfect middle,” which was “Candyman.” (which is probably the greatest song of her career, but that’s another matter). After that, however, I’ve had a hard time finding another example.

YESSSS

I've always thought "Candyman" is one of the pinnacles of her career, even if it wasn't an outright worldwide smash.

It's PERFECT Christina. It's a song ONLY she could do, and unless you're talking about strictly singing, you don't find too many songs from her catalog that perfectly represent what Christina Aguilera can bring to a pop song like "Candyman" does. Strong, catchy melody; great, jazzy vocals; playfully fun, naughty lyrics. Creative, clever, catchy. It's perfect.

I finally remembered I was a Kelly stan and listened to Wrapped in Red.

YES GIRL.
Yay! I'm glad you are enjoying it. Kellegend surely blessed us with a fantastic holiday album.

Kellegend better clock with her #1 iTunes alberm

#wrappedinplatinum
SLEIGH!

Y'all better stan the new Miranda Lambert tbh. Merry Go Round is so good.
Let me go check this out. To be honest, I haven't been into Miranda since her debut, so I might hate Merry Go Round.

What do you think of the "Let it go" thread in OT?

I'm cackling about it tbh. They should take the song's advice.

I think it's a huge mess. I think people are stubborn and refuse to acknowledge that new material can become classics too. Idina's vocals are easily on par with any of the classic Disney singers.

B-Dex

I think it's a huge mess. I think people are stubborn and refuse to acknowledge that new material can become classics too. Idina's vocals are easily on par with any of the classic Disney singers.

I linked Defying Gravity there and now I'm having a moment. Wicked was such a masterpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom