• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am in the middle of a 48 hour finals week no sleep marathon at the moment and DAMN..... the album sounds so much better when severely sleep deprived.

you heard it here first, raciste bandwagone's music sounds better when you're suffering from cognitive impairment

ibUjNOhx7rzhn.gif

Robyn is overrated IMO. Her songs are interesting lyrically (and the production tends to be really polished) but there's nothing I've seen or heard out of her that hasn't been achieved already by Kylie, Britney or Gaga.

Also her vocals are just.... <_<

Let It Go sequence has me hyped to see Frozen.

Quite surprising since I found Tangled to be an overrated and over-hyped mediocre film. Not even top 3 of the year it was released.

Will probably catch up next week.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Robyn is overrated IMO. Her songs are interesting lyrically (and the production tends to be really polished) but there's nothing I've seen or heard out of her that hasn't been achieved already by Kylie, Britney or Gaga.

ib0Obh1pM4p5X7.gif

worthless, trash flopinions

Robyn has been slaying and doing her thing years before Gaga came onto the scene.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
someone who thinks that ARTPOP is the greatest work of art of the 21st century calling robyn overrated

i'm beyond done

Did he lied, though?

I mean, it was cute when I finally watched it but hardly worthy of "best animated film in a long time" praise.

Exactly. It was good, not great. Mid teir Disney lexicon probably (think Mulan or Atlantis).

Doesn't help that it came out the same year as my personal GOAT animated film How To Train Your Dragon.

someone who thinks that ARTPOP is the greatest work of art of the 21st century calling robyn overrated

i'm beyond done

1) When was that said or implied?
2) Robyn's talent lies in her song-writing, and her portfolio is filled with some grade-A bops, just not sure what seperates her from people like Kylie who have also been in the game for a long time, and have a similar eye for production, instrumentation, etc. I don't see that much variance between their styles, but I guess I could make the "overrated" argument about the other women who sound like her then. I dunno.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
1) When was that said or implied?
i'm ribbing you wrt the greatest art of the 21st century thing but having said that...
2) Robyn's talent lies in her song-writing, and her portfolio is filled with some grade-A bops, just not sure what seperates her from people like Kylie who have also been in the game for a long time, and have a similar eye for production, instrumentation, etc. I don't see that much variance between their styles, but I guess I could make the "overrated" argument about the other women who sound like her then. I dunno.
...when you stan so hard for artpop it's still kind of difficult to take you seriously when you say that robyn is overrated doesn't sound like much more than kylie.

robyn's (post-2005) albums are superlatively better than kylie's (bless aphrodylie), in terms of songwriting and production (it's a lot more daring than what kylie's been doing), and in terms of vocals she's genuinely emotive, you only have to listen to with every heartbeat or eclipse.

i'm ribbing you wrt the greatest art of the 21st century thing but having said that...

...when you stan so hard for artpop it's still kind of difficult to take you seriously when you say that robyn is overrated doesn't sound like much more than kylie.

robyn's (post-2005) albums are superlatively better than kylie's (bless aphrodylie), in terms of songwriting and production (it's a lot more daring than what kylie's been doing), and in terms of vocals she's genuinely emotive, you only have to listen to with every heartbeat or eclipse.

Lol ARTPOP is a great album but it's by a different artist entirely, and I use specific metrics for different people based on their own ambitions and abilities. I do agree that Robyn > Kylie in terms of recent portfolio, and the Body Talk collection is completely flawless. I only play devil's advocate with her sometimes because all my gay friends worship her to a T and I haven't developed a bias toward her like I have with some other girls I enjoy so I'm always like "eh her style is kind of ubiquitous at this point."

She's in my list of faves though!

1) Gaga
2) Beyonce
3) Christina
4) Lana
5) Madonna
6) Kelly
7) Robyn
8) Janelle
9) MIA
10) *unoccupied*

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Lol ARTPOP is a great album but it's by a different artist entirely, and I use specific metrics for different people based on their own ambitions and abilities. I do agree that Robyn > Kylie in terms of recent portfolio, and the Body Talk collection is completely flawless. I only play devil's advocate with her sometimes because all my gay friends worship her to a T and I haven't developed a bias toward her like I have with some other girls I enjoy so I'm always like "eh her style is kind of ubiquitous at this point."

1) Gaga
2) Beyonce
3) Christina
4) Lana
5) Madonna
6) Kelly
7) Robyn
8) Janelle
9) MIA
10) *unoccupied*
Deep down you know #10 is Miley

What kind of betrayal? Can't Kylie, Gaga, and Robyn all reign together in peace?

"North America"

I'm there. Though I have a feeling she won't come anywhere near me.

I will TRAVEL for that shit!! I was just thinking "I wish I could see Robyn next time she's touring, surely she won't come to the US though..." I suppose technically North America might just be Canada, but still. Surely she'll at least hit up LA or NYC.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

1) Gaga
2) Beyonce
3) Christina
4) Lana
5) Madonna
6) Kelly
7) Robyn
8) Janelle
9) MIA
10) *unoccupied*

Robyn puts out the best pop music on the planet and she has a refreshingly unpretentious attitude to it. You might prefer it when your fave shits on a boiled egg and calls it art, I prefer it when my fave's art is the medium that she actually works in.

Robyn puts out the best pop music on the planet and she has a refreshingly unpretentious attitude to it. You might prefer it when your fave shits on a boiled egg and calls it art, I prefer it when my fave's art is the medium that she actually works in.

A turd on a boiled egg you say??

lady-gaga-saturday-night-live-snl-skit-mister-scandal.gif

I guess "seethe" should be my response to this? Yes, seethe.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
A turd on a boiled egg you say??

lady-gaga-saturday-night-live-snl-skit-mister-scandal.gif

I guess "seethe" should be my response to this? Yes, seethe.

Why would I seethe? Robyn creates the best pop music in the world and because she already doesn't sell well she can't flop either. And I get to see her in a tiny venue like the Roundhouse and push right to the front smushed up with all the hot gays. And when I get there I can actually hear what she's singing because her head hasn't disappeared up her own backside.

It's nothing but wins for Robyn fans, I'm not seething at all.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I really only have the best interests of the monsters at heart. I only want Gaga to start making amazing music again.

Why would I seethe? Robyn creates the best pop music in the world and because she already doesn't sell well she can't flop either. And I get to see her in a tiny venue like the Roundhouse and push right to the front smushed up with all the hot gays. And when I get there I can actually hear what she's singing because her head hasn't disappeared up her own backside.

It's nothing but wins for Robyn fans, I'm not seething at all.

Good for her, and her small venues.

I don't think her charisma as a performer would carry over in a large venue anyway. She's definitely in a good place. Win-Win! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom