• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsynqx

Agreed. He was without a doubt my favorite Lannister, even more so than Tyrion. Guy was a hard ass and could appear cruel at times, but he did anything and everything for the betterment of his family name. If you weren't going to respect him, you were damn better going to fear him.

I agree, but not seeing Tyrion's potential ended up undermining a lot the work he did for house Lannister. Shunning him is what ultimately led to the family's fall.

His children were shits for the most part. Not one of them cared about the betterment of their family name, only themselves personally. You had one who believed she was god's gift to the world and was entitled to everything in it, you had another one who was constantly pissing away gold and spending a good amount of time in brothels--a fact that was well known among the many nobles in court--and then you have a son who would refuse to take his place as heir because he wanted to stay in KL with his sister/lover.

The fault lies with his children not stepping up to the plate/getting their shit together when the time came for it. Tywin ain't got time for dead weight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tyrion had been treated like shit his entire life. Both Cersei and Tywin blame him for the death of his mother and never let him forget that. Can you blame him for ending up the way he did?

Deku Tree

Fan theory probably posted already but is Jon Snow going to go into the catacombs of Winterfell in tonight's episode and
learn the names of his true parents on a gravestone
?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcW9q7USwm4&t=0m35s

What could it mean though? What secret message is she imparting here? We'll never know, guess we have to wait for the series finale.

Listen closely, she doesn't say "before I executed him" like many people believe, she says "before I executed it".

"It" means Protocol L, the super secret plan crafted by Brienne and Stannis in which Brienne doesn't chop Stannis' head off; instead, she chops that tree behind Stannis, builds a boat and sends him off to Kings Landing to claim the Iron Throne while nobody is looking.

Row Stannis, row! Oh, those tricky writers.

Fan theory probably posted already but is Jon Snow going to go into the catacombs of Winterfell in tonight's episode and
?

Unless it's some back to the future "Here lies Emmett Brown" shit and names on the gravestones change because of Bran's fuckery, then why wouldn't he or anyone else have known his parents names before hand. He lived there his whole life. What's down there that could tell him the truth?

Tonky

It's been an entire season and we still have not seen Zombie Mountain tear ass (except for that one faith guy). He needs to go all out tonight.

?

If the R+L theory is true, probably not, since we've already seen Lyanna's tomb. King Robert visited it way back in S01E01. Might've been a bit awkward if it said "Mother to Jon" on it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tyrion had been treated like shit his entire life. Both Cersei and Tywin blame him for the death of his mother and never let him forget that. Can you blame him for ending up the way he did?

I know his life was rough, and maybe his brothel visiting was to help with the lack of affection/appreciation that was missing in his home. But I still feel for Tywin when his son is constantly involving himself with prostitutes even when told not too. :lol

Listen closely, she doesn't say "before I executed him" like many people believe, she says "before I executed it".

"It" means Protocol L, the super secret plan crafted by Brienne and Stannis in which Brienne doesn't chop Stannis' head off; instead, she chops that tree behind Stannis, builds a boat and sends him off to Kings Landing to claim the Iron Throne while nobody is looking.

And while rowing to Kings Landing, he rams into Gendry's boat for a Baratheon reunion scene. (Cue the Stark reunion song between Jon and Sansa:: https://youtu.be/3gMv73Oyvl4?t=1m53s)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
-Cersei uses Wildfire
-Tommen will die from it
-We see what's on top of Tower of Joy
-Dany leaves Meereen, heads to Westeros
-Missandei is left to take over Meereen
-Bran heads South to re-join Jon
-Don't think White Walkers will be able to cross The Wall, I'm thinking that's season 8 stuff
-Arya gets on a boat to go to Westeros
-Varys arrives at Dorne, convinces them to join up with Dany
-Stannis gets in his mech, saves the day

Dead.
like Stannis

zoukka

I know his life was rough, and maybe his brothel visiting was to help with the lack of affection/appreciation that was missing in his home. But I still feel for Tywin when his son is constantly involving himself with prostitutes even when told not too. :lol

You are weird.

Vire

-Cersei uses Wildfire
-Tommen will die from it
-Don't think White Walkers will be able to cross The Wall, I'm thinking that's season 8 stuff
Very plausible, especially the last one.

zsynqx

But would Tyrion have been so keen to rebel against his father had he been treated the same as Jaime? I'm not so sure.

-Cersei uses Wildfire
-Tommen will die from it

The question is will
Jon find out what happened at the Tower of Joy
and if so, how?

televator

It's been an entire season and we still have not seen Zombie Mountain tear ass (except for that one faith guy). He needs to go all out tonight.

Christ, what a satisfying moment that was. He outdid the "smash a guy's head like melon" move in one go with "decapitating a guy the hard way." lol

He could already split a horse in half with a sword when he was human... Give zombie mountain a valyrian sword and... fuck... It'll take a dragon or an army to stop him.

TaterTots

Banned
I just noticed this says no book spoilers. I thought we were past the books now? Can't spoil something from a book if it doesn't exist. Or am I misinformed.

Anyway, I believe more is going to happen this episode than people believe. I'm still waiting for the mountain to lose his shit.

Einchy

I just noticed this says no book spoilers. I thought we were past the books now? Can't spoil something from a book if it doesn't exist. Or am I misinformed.

Anyway, I believe more is going to happen this episode than people believe. I'm still waiting for the mountain to lose his shit.

Apparently some stuff hasn't happened in the show yet but not much. The books also have a lot of extra details so bringing up why a character might have done X because he did YZ in the books is kinda douchey.

televator

Some stuff from the books can still be implemented in some form. Not word for word, but maybe certain actions can be carried out by one character in the show where the books depict 2 or more characters. I already hate that some people mentioned characters from the book that weren't in the show, and even went into some detail about what they did. A story isn't just about characters, but also actions and consequences.

Whoa, this makes almost too much sense. This would also explain why he says "do your duty" instead of "ok now chop my head off." "Do your duty" would be bad writing if he just meant that she should kill him, but in this scenario he's telling her to execute the plan as is her duty.

Yep, and for anyone wondering why Brienne would serve Stannis you need to rewatch the scene where he "dies".

When Brienne starts with her "In the name of Renly Baratheon, first of his name...etc" Stannis starts reciting the sacred chant that activates Brienne's nanomachines, which were implanted to her years ago with the sole purpose of serving Stannis.

So when Stannis says the final secret words "Go on do your duty" with a certain smug on his face, Brienne's nanomachines activate and she has no way to resist Stannis anymore.

I hope they don't kill Pycelle before he publicly drops his act in front of everyone. It would be so weird to include that stretching scene in the show, not include the scene where Tywin sees through his charade, and then have him "stay in character" for the rest of the series.

Einchy

SsMIuxZ.jpg

Feels like a goddamn entirety.

The question is will
Jon find out what happened at the Tower of Joy
and if so, how?

Is the Wall visible from Winterfell? Maybe
Bran shows up, tells him everything that's happened so far, including the tower stuff(assuming the Tower pertains to Jon) and then they see the Wall crumble in the distance.

I don't know how much time has past since the Night King's attack, but I don't see Bran showing up in Winterfell until next season. I'd like to be proven wrong though, It would be nice to have all of the Starks under one roof, assuming Arya shows up too.

Edit: maybe Meli sees it in the flames, right after Bran witnesses it?

Yep, and for anyone wondering why Brienne would serve Stannis you need to rewatch the scene where he "dies".

When Brienne starts with her "In the name of Renly Baratheon, first of his name...etc" Stannis starts reciting the sacred chant that activates Brienne's nanomachines, which were implanted to her years ago with the sole purpose of serving Stannis.

So when Stannis says the final secret words "Go on do your duty" with a certain smug on his face, Brienne's nanomachines activate and she has no way to resist Stannis anymore.

But then she rolls up her sleve to reveal Renlys arm has been attached to her the whole time. She looks at him and a familiar voice shouts "brother!" before her sword slices his head clean off.

There are certain small book things the show hasn't covered. I think there is a little detail about a character that the show decided to omit and it could be considered a huge spoiler, so I wouldn't venture to book discussions just yet.

RPGCrazied

That sucks tonight is the final episode of the season. :( I hope we get the plot moving in a fast pace in this hour.

And just like that Sunday TV turns to crap once more.

Volimar

All this is making me wonder..... Did we really see Ned's execution?

Sure, we saw the sword fall.
Sure, we saw his head on a pike.
BUT
We never saw the gratuitous shot of his head coming of his body and blood pouring out his neck and the executioner playing keepy-uppy with his severed head.

My guess, he'll turn up in Dorne.

We already saw him in the Battle of the Bastards.

AQQN9X6.gif

Chopper

What exactly are we expecting tonight? I think last week's epicness has completely killed my hype for the finale, cos it can't be nearly as good. Cersei's getting trialed, right? And I guess we'll see Dany set off for Westeros. What else?

Nikodemos

What exactly are we expecting tonight? I think last week's epicness has completely killed my hype for the finale, cos it can't be nearly as good. Cersei's getting trialed, right? And I guess we'll see Dany set off for Westeros. What else?
Cersei gon' blow the shit out of King's Landing. All dat Chekov's Wildfire wasn't mentioned for nothing. They've been harping about it for half the season. She gon' full-on Mad King dat shit.

I think we'll be saying "Winter is here" by the end of the episode. And for god's sake that better involve an ice dragon, or my prediction has failed.

Tankard

Unless things change, their 9th episode is the one that feels like a finale, the last one is usually more like preparing for future events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom