• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
Just wait.. as soon as she dies this is Jon:
BsPIiaU.gif

I hope this is true. Was honestly kinda hoping for Jon to die last ep :p

Jon just isn't that interesting to me. Ramsey may be a bit one-dimensional but he's still more charismatic.

Plus this season is a little too much "good guys always win" compared to usual, I figure it's about time for the other shoe to drop.
I think killing Jon again would be pretty dumb. I'm glad that this season has had a far more positive outcome compared to the rest of the series and kind of makes more sense Imo. Because honestly seeing everyone get screwed over time and time again became grating and uninteresting, because it became expected which is boring and overly depressing. I think it's also a better consistent story to have the original main characters go through numerous hardships and come out victorious on the other side after all they've been through and the Starks reclaiming winterfell is a good example of that. Because you'll get to the end of the show and the white walkers will come and no one's going to give a shit because all the characters you're emotionally invested in are dead so might aswel kill the rest anyway, there wouldn't really be any stakes and it would be a lackluster ending.

Elandyll

Banned
Jon just isn't that interesting to me. Ramsey may be a bit one-dimensional but he's still more charismatic.

Plus this season is a little too much "good guys always win" compared to usual, I figure it's about time for the other shoe to drop.
Sorry man, but it's more than time that the good guys get a few wins, in order to prepare for the Big One.

If things were going your way, the show would end with Cercei, Ramsay, Euron, Walder, Tywin, Mereen Slavers, High Sparrow, Little Finger and Joffrey fleeing together on a ship after having had everybody killed, while the WWs sweep over the rest of the world.

Speaking of predictability, I always find it weird when people say something is predictable because they've pieced together the clues that show has given and know what will happen next. I think it's much cooler when a show gives you clues and if you piece them together, you might figure out what comes next and that doesn't make the show less or more predictable because you could be wrong. It's better than the alternative, that something just happens out of nowhere without the show first laying out breadcrumbs leading you to that.
Agreed, but then some things are predictable with breadcrumbs far too far away that the nice twist would be to NOT do what the breadcrumbs are leading to---and that would be the twist. For instance, I was telling my friends a season before the red wedding happened that Robb is fucked. He is going to be killed. And he's going to be killed by Frey at The Twins or wherever. The only "surprising" thing was how brutal the deaths were, but that really doesn't count for anything. Too many breadcrumbs pointed to this event, and it kind of killed the moment for me.

Sometimes a show is easy to predict because the writers always do what is the most dramatic or surprising, therefore making it very not-surprising. If you notice this pattern, you can start predicting what is going to happen not because the breadcrumbs laid it out but because that's what the writers have done time-and-time again for shock value/drama. Game of Thrones has teetered the line on this one, but I honestly think done pretty well avoiding it recently. GoT is more guilty of having deaths being shocking in the way they are handled, which is a problem for some (not me). The big offenders of this dramatic predictability though are shows like Rescue Me. Or even the movie Interstellar. Trying to think of others but nothing else is coming to mind at the moment...

The death of Hodor was the first thing in Game of Thrones that floored me because I had no clue it was coming. I'm not saying other things didn't surprise me, but so many other events I at least questioned in my head if they could happen. Hodor's rocked my world in that I had not a single inkling. And it was so damn good because of it.

But in the end, I think what you're being kind when you say you find it weird, because what you probably feel is that people who say things are annoying. Because sometimes it can come off arrogant or slightly douchey when you're constantly touting how predictable something is, especially if you're doing it just to sound smart. I'm sometimes afraid of coming off that way when I talk about the Red Wedding...The trick is that if you think something was predictable, not to come off like a shit raining on other's parades who didn't. Who cares. Others loved the Red Wedding. I still love it. No need to belittle anyone.

That was a lot of rambling....time for breakfast.

Sorry man, but it's more than time that the good guys get a few wins, in order to prepare for the Big One.

If things were going your way, the show would end witn Cercei, Ramsay, Euron, Walder, Tywin, Mereen Slavers, High Sparrow, Little Finger and Joffrey fleeing together on a ship after having had everybody killed, while the WWs sweep over the rest of the world.
Yeah. We've gone 5 seasons now of the good guys getting their asses kicked. I'm fine with a bit of them winning.

So what has been your favourite season finale?
S1 Fire and Blood
S2 Valar Morghulis
S3 Mhysa
S4 The Children
S5 Mother's Mercy

Mine is S4. Tyrion's revenge, the GOAT fight Brienne vs the Hound and Arya sailing to Braavos.

this_guy

S1 Fire and Blood
S2 Valar Morghulis
S3 Mhysa
S4 The Children
S5 Mother's Mercy

Mine is S4. Tyrion's revenge, the GOAT fight Brienne vs the Hound and Arya sailing to Braavos.

S4. Bran's story finally becomes interesting and Arya's story had so much potential at that point.

Idk if you should keep something that big behind a spoiler tag, wish I hadn't read it now. Might aswel not watch the episode.

lol what?

I'd be pretty pissed if it wasn't behind spoiler tags.

Who forced you to click on it? lol

S1 Fire and Blood
S2 Valar Morghulis
S3 Mhysa
S4 The Children
S5 Mother's Mercy

Definitely S4 finale for me as well. It ended so well and Arya sailing off with the song The Children playing was amazing.

ASIS

S1 Fire and Blood
S2 Valar Morghulis
S3 Mhysa
S4 The Children
S5 Mother's Mercy

This may be a cliche'd answer but I still think S1 was the best. It was a perfect aftermath episode and all the characters were gearing up for war. Plus that final few minutes are iconic today. It had a feel of "shit just got real". I hope this finale will have the same format.

Nameless

S1 Fire and Blood
S2 Valar Morghulis
S3 Mhysa
S4 The Children
S5 Mother's Mercy

The Children - Fantastic Jon & Mance scene, Stannis cutting through the Wildlings like piss on snow,Mel seeing the true Son of Fire for the first time, Bran's Fellowship fighting wights, Hound vs. Brienne, Tyrion's revenge, Varys' nope. What an incredible episode.

This may be a cliche'd answer but I still think S1 was the best. It was a perfect aftermath episode and all the characters were gearing up for war. Plus that final few minutes are iconic today. It had a feel of "shit just got real". I hope this finale will have the same format.

Actually that's my second favourite finale. The moment Robb and Catelyn recieve the news of Ned's death is really heartbreaking and the last scene with Dany was hype as fuck.

I think the ranking for me would be:

1. The Children
2. Fire and Blood
3. Valar Morghulis
4. Mother's Mercy
5. Mhysa

-Stranger-

Any predictions on what will be the shock/horror moment in the finale?
There always is one with Game of Thrones.

I think Tomin will die

casiopao

Margaery better don't die here. She had been one of my absolute favorite character here.

The fact that they kill Mycrella till now still sours me.TT

Volimar

Myrcella is one of the few named people killed who were actually innocent.

We can only hope. At this point, I wanted his death more than the high sparrow or Cersei.

Qyburn will use the Mountain to kill him to show Cersei just who is in control now that he knows where all the wildfire caches are.

I feel like literally anyone in King's Landing could die tonight. The only character with plot armor is Cersei, but that disappears the moment Tommen is dead. No one is safe.

Do we need to spoiler tag predictions? I will, just in case.
I think Tommen will die, probably due to Cersei's actions. She'll then realise that both Tommen and Margarey were playing the sparrow, realise her mistake, cue much crying, wailing, possible suicide.

Jaime enters the Red Keep: "Hey hey hey, I've been in Reno what did I miss..." to a room full of dead Lannisters.

I wonder what part of Westeros Arya will get back to (if she makes it back this series)? Winterfell to meet up with the other Starks, or The Twins to send Walder Frey to a grisly death?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I feel like literally anyone in King's Landing could die tonight. The only character with plot armor is Cersei, but that disappears the moment Tommen is dead. No one is safe.

Yep. They've been dropping so many hints. King's Landing is about to be lit. 🔥🔥🔥

Aside from that and maybe Davos calling out Melisandre (off the back of his revelation and stare down last week), I have no clue what's going to happen.

I don't expect a lot of Dany. Just grandiosely establishing she is finally setting sail. Probably the same for Arya. Maybe Arya missed the boat she paid for because of the stabbing and will sneak on one of Dany's fleet. That would be a good way to tie them together somehow.

I feel like anyone we haven't seen in awhile will get the big moments here. I could see another big warg scene with Bran that reveals a huge point.

komplanen

Do we need to spoiler tag predictions? I will, just in case.
I think Tommen will die, probably due to Cersei's actions. She'll then realise that both Tommen and Margarey were playing the sparrow, realise her mistake, cue much crying, wailing, possible suicide.

Too out of character, no matter what.
Even with the Wild Fire stuff, I seriously doubt it.

Yep. They've been dropping so many hints. King's Landing is about to be lit. 🔥🔥🔥

Aside from that and maybe Davos calling out Melisandre (off the back of his revelation and stare down last week), I have no clue what's going to happen.

I don't expect a lot of Dany. Just grandiosely establishing she is finally setting sail. Probably the same for Arya. Maybe Arya missed the boat she paid for because of the stabbing and will sneak on one of Dany's fleet. That would be a good way to tie them together somehow.

I feel like anyone we haven't seen in awhile will get the big moments here. I could see another big warg scene with Bran that reveals a huge point.

So, Gendry? :)

I hope Cersei burns the whole place down, that would be exciting. I used to be a marg fan but after this season I don't care. Burn it allll down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom