• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

How? She still had slaves at the end of S2?

And the goat people were probably freed by Dany because they were being raped rather than enslaved.

They weren't slaves. She gave everyone the opportunity to stay or go before she walked into the fire at the end of S1.

Quixzlizx

Man, what are you guys talking about with this White Walker shit. The Night's Watch sent out a whole bunch of men, and they got fucking slaughtered by the White Walkers. That's why they only have a hundred left at the Wall.

"What do you see?" "Dead Crows."

... did anyone actually say that? I get the feeling you're totally misreading the people who said that it was upsetting because he was in the middle of a redemption arc as somehow saying it was out of character. Obviously it wasn't.

I don't feel like going quote-hunting, but there were some posters who were saying how his actions didn't make any sense given his "progress" in season 3.

Ouch sorry to hear. I start to scroll down to see what people thought of whichever video I just watched and then instinct takes over and I SMASH MY COMPUTER SCREEN before I am spoiled!
I'm done. Even if it's a video painting or sports and the name Game of Thrones is thrown as a reference, I am not reading any youtube comments. I'm officially tapping out now.

MilkBeard

Finally caught up to the upcoming new episode. I had a Game of Thrones marathon for several days. Couldn't peel myself away.
I'm actually tempted to start reading the books now. I started reading the first book 5 or 6 years ago but stopped for whatever reason.

ASIS

She isn't just ordering around her Army.

And do you think she doesn't act entitled? Like she doesn't believe she has a claim to some sort of throne by birth right alone?

Of course she does. But that's not she's not acting like everyone is beneath her. There's a very clear difference between the two. The fact that she gives orders is not indicative of that at all.

Braag

I'm done. Even if it's a video painting or sports and the name Game of Thrones is thrown as a reference, I am not reading any youtube comments. I'm officially tapping out now.

NEVER scroll down when watching a GoT related youtube video.
And NEVER read the comments on any of the stuff found in GoT Facebook page, book readers there are just as bad as in youtube.

In fact stay away from anything GoT related outside of this thread :p If you want to play it safe.

Linkhero1

I think I was just spoiled something for BLANK at youtube video of the Lannister song possibly either regarding this or next season. It could one of two things, I'm quite mad. Nothing is safe these days, even youtube GoT song videos (as I always stay away from anything trailer, or review-based video). It's days like this you ask why there's so many facking assholes in the world. :mad:

Maybe it's best if you don't say who the character is because now everyone is going to expect it...I understand you want to vent but I'd rather not know what it was or who it's regarding to.

NEVER scroll down when watching a GoT related youtube video.
And NEVER read the comments on any of the stuff found in GoT Facebook page, book readers there are just as bad as in youtube.

In fact stay away from anything GoT related outside of this thread :p If you want to play it safe.

Again. Get extensions on you browser to disable comments. When have you ever wanted to read YT comments?

mr2xxx

Banned
Again. Get extensions on you browser to disable comments. When have you ever wanted to read YT comments?

Honestly it doesn't even matter, I've spoiled by watching random shit that has nothing to do with GoT. Thread about aquatic sponge life, click then somehow a GoT spoiler... fuck you internet. Then I watch a TV show about surviving in the wild, random joke with GoT spoiler... fuck you TV. You're never safe!

Nameless

Because I am a naive moron. GoT youtube songs I thought would be an exception but alas..

What are people's picks for the Throne in terms of preference:
1. Littlefinger
2. Oberyn Martell
3. Arya Stark

Stannis/Melisandre rule for a while before the Throne is taken by Dany. King in the North Rickon conquers the south after she dies.

Question about the people north of the wall.

So was the guy John met the leader like the king of all the North of the wall people? Or is he just the king of the Wildlings? Because clearly they are a bunch of freaks, monster, giants etc... to the north. Are they all group up now and ready to invade the wall (like if the 7 kingdoms in westeroes were to be united)?

We saw the wildlings working together with whatever the crap that thing that invaded the village is, where are the giants, white walkers and the others? I mean the wildlings can't really think they can take on 7 kingdoms by themselves right?

Of course she does. But that's not she's not acting like everyone is beneath her. There's a very clear difference between the two. The fact that she gives orders is not indicative of that at all.

What are you talking about?

If she thought everyone was equal she wouldn't be claiming herself as the rightful ruler of the 7 kingdoms. She would be championing some sort of democratic system for leadership, not relying on one that places value on your ancestors.

Just because she's nice about it doesn't mean she doesn't believe she is above her followers.

So was the guy John met the leader like the king of all the North of the wall people? Or is he just the king of the Wildlings? Because clearly they are a bunch of freaks, monster, giants etc... to the north. Are they all group up now and ready to invade the wall (like if the 7 kingdoms in westeroes were to be united)?

We saw the wildlings working together with whatever the crap that thing that invaded the village is, where are the giants, white walkers and the others? I mean the wildlings can't really think they can take on 7 kingdoms by themselves right?

The Wildlings are what the Night's Watch and the people of Westeros call people that live north of the wall. They are a variety of different tribes of people. Mance has united them and they call him their King.

Mance tells Jon a bit about uniting the tribes in this scene. Beyond getting South for their own safety, we as the audience haven't been told much.

Brashnir

I don't think the Wildlings intend to take on the entirety of the seven kingdoms. They just want to get south of the wall before winter comes and the White Walkers kill them all.

Ah okay makes a lot more sense now if they are just trying to go South for winter.

According to http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Wildling

Wildinglings is just a term for the "free folks" aka the regular humans like Ygritte.
White Walkers were something that not many have seen, and the giants are a myth.

The Wildlings are what the Night's Watch and the people of Westeros call people that live north of the wall. They are a variety of different tribes of people. Mance has united them and they call him their King.

Mance tells Jon a bit about uniting the tribes in this scene. Beyond getting South for their own safety, we as the audience haven't been told much.

Yea so I was wonder if Mance united everyone as in all the tribes or just the regular humans "free folks." We saw the "Thenn" helping out Ygritte and company at the village, but we haven't seen them work with the White Walkers or Giants (in battle but we saw them together at camp). If Mance united everyone, then obviously everyone South need to put their shit aside and work together to fight those guys off, if it just the "free folk *humans" then Winterfell probably could handle it themselves (well when they had Starks anyways).

Edit: Ah just re watched the scene. So he said he has 90 tribes/clan with 7 different languages. I guess that mean he has everyone.. because he mention working together with Cannibals (Thenn's) and Giants.

If she thought everyone was equal she wouldn't be claiming herself as the rightful ruler of the 7 kingdoms. She would be championing some sort of democratic system for leadership, not relying on one that places value on your ancestors.

Just because she's nice about it doesn't mean she doesn't believe she is above her followers.

You can be a king or queen with paid servants and not slaves.

I don't know how badly Dany wants the throne anymore, she seems to like freeing slaves

She isn't just out for revenge/her brother forcing her into it anymore

ASIS

She's claiming that she's the rightful ruler because she is. That's the law in westeros. If westeros is using a democratic system and she refuses it, then yes you may have a point. But that's kind of like saying a person is greedy because he was robbed of his inheritance and he's fighting to get it back.

Question: Is Mance "The Lance" Raider uniting the tribes to fight the White Walkers or smply doing a mass migration to Southern lands for safety?

Probably both. Maybe he thinks that by going south, he'll be able to fight the walkers alongside the other armies. But if that's his plan, he's not doing himself a favor by allowing his troops to murder everyone in their path. Why didn't he simply send birds to every leader in Westeros telling them: "listen, whatever beef we had with each other, we'll put aside until we deal with this threat."

Right now, he's only cementing his grave. As Jon said, eventually Raider's army will clash with the Kingdom's army, and he'll lose.

Famassu

True that, forgot about it. She still pretty much treated them the same way, which is what threw me off.
She really doesn't. Anyone is free to go whenever they want to and do whatever they want to do and she treats all of them much better than slavers do. They aren't slaves much like real-life unpaid volunteers aren't slaves.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just caught up with the series for tonight's episode and...

Joffrey's death didn't feel nearly as satisfying as it should have...

iNvid02

I just caught up with the series for tonight's episode and...

Joffrey's death didn't feel nearly as satisfying as it should have...

it felt really good to watch at the time, the poison seemed like it was painful. but i always hoped he would feel some cold steel

She's claiming that she's the rightful ruler because she is. That's the law in westeros. If westeros is using a democratic system and she refuses it, then yes you may have a point. But that's kind of like saying a person is greedy because he was robbed of his inheritance and he's fighting to get it back.

Why is she the rightful ruler?

The Targaryens seized power they weren't anointed with it, Stannis has as much a claim as she does.

And this still doesn't change the fact that she sees herself as above those who follow her, as any noble person does. Because if they honestly thought the lowest of the low in their service was there equal how could they reconcile having them bow down to their commands.

It's LittleFinger's name day!

I wonder what he's wishing for...

tumblr_mugx036ksm1s0jd3ro1_500.gif

IIfTxBt.gif

Showaddy

Why is she the rightful ruler?

The Targaryens seized power they weren't anointed with it, Stannis has as much a claim as she does.

And this still doesn't change the fact that she sees herself as above those who follow her, as any noble person does. Because if they honestly thought the lowest of the low in their service was there equal how could they reconcile having them bow down to their commands.

The Targs united the 7 kingdoms to become the rightful rulers. Stannis's only claim is that his brother kicked the shit out of the Targs and then got drunk and died.

El Daniel

The Targs united the 7 kingdoms to become the rightful rulers. Stannis's only claim is that his brother kicked the shit out of the Targs and then got drunk and died.

Stannis has some Targblood himself. His grandmother is the daughter of the brother of maester Aemon (Targaryen) . (Can you still follow) To clarify:

nDI.png

And since there are no Targaryens in Westeros at the moment... His claim is stronger than you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom