• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

I don't really understand the people who are saying that "Jamie was in the middle of a redemption arc, so this behavior is nonsensical." First of all, that is extremely black and white thinking, and I'm not even talking about in comparison to the edgy GRRMverse. It's also a weird manifestation of a belief in historical inevitability, where current trends progress forever in the same direction once events are set in motion.

If you took some generic drug addict character and removed him from his environment and moved him across the country, and he managed to slowly put some pieces together, and then you dumped him back in his shady neighborhood with his shady drug addict friends, what do you think would happen? Jamie's "drug" is his toxic relationship with the rest of his family and the expectations they've put on him his entire life, so it would make sense that he'd start to melt down after being reunited with them. I don't think it's coincidental that the two moments in this series that have caused the most shock and revulsion in the audience both happened while having sex with his twin sister (and the incest part wasn't even the most revolting part of either scene!)

Beautiful Death for "Breaker of Chains"

BmFV68NCQAArJHE.png

Ristlager

I don't think they "significantly reduced" the army that seemingly everyone will be obliterated by when it finally comes. Maybe they took out the equivalent of a few squads.

So that means that we really don't know why they suddenly are not in the series any more??

Watevaman

So that means that we really don't know why they suddenly are not in the series any more??

I'd say they aren't in the series because the characters that were in the area where the White Walkers are (or are going to be) prevalent have moved to different areas. Jon's back at the Wall, the Wildlings aren't up there either.

Remember, Winter is coming.

Vashetti

Banned
I don't know what they expected sending one dude against an army of Unsullied and the Mother of Dragons.

Dude must have known he was a gonner.

Philippo

btw what is the reason to Daenerys's mission to free every single slave in the world?
Is she just compassionate by nature or is there something?

Nameless

btw what is the reason to Daenerys's mission to free every single slave in the world?
Is she just compassionate by nature or is there something?

She's growing her forces, and by conquering these desert cities she's training her army to conquer the Seven Kingdoms.

Also remember it was prohibiting the Dothraki from taking slaves that ended up costing her Khal Drogo, their unborn son, and the ability to ever have children. Plus she's been there herself, essentially. This is a deeply personal and core part of her character's arc.

Cyan

Banned
Man, what are you guys talking about with this White Walker shit. The Night's Watch sent out a whole bunch of men, and they got fucking slaughtered by the White Walkers. That's why they only have a hundred left at the Wall.

"What do you see?" "Dead Crows."

I don't really understand the people who are saying that "Jamie was in the middle of a redemption arc, so this behavior is nonsensical." First of all, that is extremely black and white thinking, and I'm not even talking about in comparison to the edgy GRRMverse. It's also a weird manifestation of a belief in historical inevitability, where current trends progress forever in the same direction once events are set in motion.

... did anyone actually say that? I get the feeling you're totally misreading the people who said that it was upsetting because he was in the middle of a redemption arc as somehow saying it was out of character. Obviously it wasn't.

Man, what are you guys talking about with this White Walker shit. The Night's Watch sent out a whole bunch of men, and they got fucking slaughtered by the White Walkers. That's why they only have a hundred left at the Wall.

"What do you see?" "Dead Crows."
It's a shame they just had Sam waking up after the battle was over.

I think I was just spoiled something for Tyrion at youtube video of the Lannister song possibly either regarding this or next season. It could one of two things, I'm quite mad. Nothing is safe these days, even youtube GoT song videos (as I always stay away from anything trailer, or review-based video). It's days like this you ask why there's so many facking assholes in the world. :mad:

BraXzy

I think I was just spoiled something for Tyrion at youtube video of the Lannister song possibly either regarding this or next season. It could one of two things, I'm quite mad. Nothing is safe these days, even youtube GoT song videos (as I always stay away from anything trailer, or review-based video). It's days like this you ask why there's so many facking assholes in the world. :mad:

Ouch sorry to hear. I start to scroll down to see what people thought of whichever video I just watched and then instinct takes over and I SMASH MY COMPUTER SCREEN before I am spoiled!

Mario007

Well she was sold as a sex slave at a young age.

She's growing her forces, and by conquering these desert cities she's training her army to conquer the Seven Kingdoms.

Also remember it was prohibiting the Dothraki from taking slaves that ended up costing her Khal Drogo, their unborn son, and the ability to ever have children. Plus she's been there herself, essentially. This is a deeply personal and core part of her character's arc.

The one thing I find out of character there though is that she was completely fine with having slaves while she was the Khaleesi under Drogo.

effzee

Hey, how's HBO GO these days. Does it still never work on the day of the show? I might be away from my TV this Sunday.

I watch the series exclusively through HBOGO (friends account since I don't have the channel) and I haven't had any problems with it. I usually wait till 10pm though.

Streams fine with no problems or stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom