• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

The Stark daughters are headed in the same direction. Jon and Bran (not Rickon) are headed towards each other too.

I hope they don't get our hopes up and just kill all them at the same time if/when they meet. That would be sad.

Sometimes I think GRRM is using the Stark's to show us how a family falls and gets wiped out like the Targareyan's (although there are technically still two of them left).

Two?

Ezio

So obviously I don't want the real answers or spoilers but I've been trying to theorize to myself what exactly the White Walkers are. From the white walker turning the baby into a white walker we can assume they were all at point human or did it start some other way? Interesting stuff honestly.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Hope we get to see Jon fuck up those traitors next episode. He's taking a pretty small party to do it particularly since one is secretly against him.

I imagine we'll see Jon fight Locke at some point soon, too, I'm looking forward to that.

Nameless

So obviously I don't want the real answers or spoilers but I've been trying to theorize to myself what exactly the White Walkers are. From the white walker turning the baby into a white walker we can assume they were all at point human or did it start some other way? Interesting stuff honestly.

Yeah I want to know more about the Robed Walkers. They come across like some White Walker elder council.

ocRIXSl.jpg

13 Boss boss-battle incoming?

I believe so. Jon and Brandon's wolves are both at Casterly's Keep right now. Rickon's wolf is with him and Osha. Arya's is MIA but presumed to be living.

And Arya's wolf is still missing, after she wished her away back in season 1. I wonder if we'll see her again. It would be a good plot twist, to have her save Arya at the best opportune moment. :)

dabig2

Maester Aemon at Castle Black. I believe that was revealed last season to Jon.

Obviously he's the only one that knows.

Actually that's from way back in Season 1 when he reveals he's Aemon Targaryen. I think it was when Jon was complaining about Ned being dead, his sisters captive, and Robb marching South, but he couldn't join. Then Aemon opens up about the rebellion that killed Rhaegar, Elia, and their children and how he couldn't do anything but sit on the Wall.

Ovid

Actually that's from way back in Season 1 when he reveals he's Aemon Targaryen. I think it was when Jon was complaining about Ned being dead, his sisters captive, and Robb marching South, but he couldn't join. Then Aemon opens up about the rebellion that killed Rhaegar, Elia, and their children and how he couldn't do anything but sit on the Wall.
There you go.

Last season was a blur to me. It's the only one that I only watched once.

Hopefully Jon fucks this guy up and reunites with Bran, in either order.

Honestly, I just want at least two 'Starks' to reunite. PLEASE!

Well, if Jon finds Bran before finding reason to fuck up Locke, it seems likely Locke would have a good opportunity to kill Bran and just run off. Locke could even choose to kill Jon (since he is half Stark and charismatic). The situation he's put himself in would make it easy to just stab Jon in the back. Their party is small and he's a confident swordsman, he might believe he can take them all if necessary (gets caught killing Bran and/or Jon)

Of course, killing Bran's body might not equate to killing Bran, as he could potentially inhabit Hodor or Summer (or so I speculate).

On a positive note for the Starks though, it does seem probable that Arya and Sansa will meet before the end of the season.

Raiden

Banned
I love how Jaimie made a complete turnaround from biggest douche (well besides Joffrey) to a likeable guy.

Unless i'm missing something, he's not actually using Breanne to track Sansa so he can kill her for Cersei right?

I definitely got the impression that Jaime wants Brienne to uphold the Oath and keep the Stark girl(s) safe.

Also, going back to the very beginning of the show, Jaime is totally a bigger douche than Jofferey; first episode he non-chalantly pushes Bran out a window and then swaggers back on over to his sister. It takes Jofferey a whole season to go: rat faced kid -> entitled brat -> out of control moron with too much power, chopping off cool dude's heads for bad reasons.

Bo-Locks

The 'new friends' that Littlefinger was talking to Sansa about are clearly the Tyrells. Him and granny Tyrell were the ones who plotted and enacted Joffrey's poisoning.

The Tyrells are rich, so if Littlefinger has them on side, he wouldn't need the Iron Bank. Olenna was using this as the basis of the alliance with the Lannisters. She said as much to Tywin. That the King/Lannisters owned money to the Iron Bank and she could help.

You're right. I've just had a theory for a while that involved Littlefinger getting support from the Iron Bank to kill Joffrey and bring chaos to Westeros from which he could capitalize.

I was only half right.

Preview:
From the preview it seems that Littlefinger does indeed go to the Vale to join Lysa, so he's got the Tyrells, the Tullys and Sansa - the key to the North - on his side, which is a very powerful alliance.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I love how Jaimie made a complete turnaround from biggest douche (well besides Joffrey) to a likeable guy.

Unless i'm missing something, he's not actually using Breanne to track Sansa so he can kill her for Cersei right?

Pretty sure she's going to protect her. Would be out of character for her to go there to harm her in any way.

PFD

Yeah they lost my GF on that. Ive been trying desperately to get her into the show, and this was maybe her 3rd episode ever.

The white walker stuff may have killed any hope I had. :(

I think you lost her when you decided to have her start on Season 4

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

I thought he might be sending Brienne to retrieve Sansa under the guise that she's in danger (kidnappers, etc), so that he can then turn Sansa into Cersei, satisfying her desire for revenge. He swore an oath with Caitlin to return her daughters, but didn't he also swear another oath to his sister in the last episode? I want to believe Jamie can be redeemed, but which of those oaths is he more likely to keep?

Maybe I'm just expecting this worst (this is GOT, after all), but I don't see him suddenly caring about Sansa like that. I'm only speculating but I don't recall him being shown giving Brienne specific orders other than to keep her safe.

kaskade

I really hope Jamie actually did turn around. I feel like he believes his brother and doesn't think Sansa would've done it. Plus I don't think he'd want to disappoint Breanne and she wouldn't take too kindly to being used. Who the fuck know with this show though.

Also did we pretty much get confirmation that Margaery's mother was behind the murder?

Raiden

Banned
Pretty sure she's going to protect her. Would be out of character for her to go there to harm her in any way.

Yes, for her, but Jaimie might use her ..

I thought he might be sending Brienne to retrieve Sansa under the guise that she's in danger (kidnappers, etc), so that he can then turn Sansa into Cersei, satisfying her desire for revenge. He swore an oath with Caitlin to return her daughters, but didn't he also swear another oath to his sister in the last episode? I want to believe Jamie can be redeemed, but which of those oaths is he more likely to keep?

Maybe I'm just expecting this worst (this is GOT, after all), but I just don't see him suddenly caring about Sansa like that. I'm just speculating but I don't recall him being shown giving Brienne specific orders other than to keep her safe.

For this.

I dont know what to make of their goodbye. He seemed sad, but for what reasons?

I dont know what to make of their goodbye. He seemed sad, but for what reasons?

I interpreted it as Jaime being sad that he may never see Brienne again, who is a person he has developed a meaningful bond with, meanwhile his bond with his sister fading no matter how hard he might try to hold on. Brienne is probably one of the very few people that sees the good in Jaime and has a genuine respect for him (and vice versa), not because of his family and position.

Ovid

I really hope Jamie actually did turn around. I feel like he believes his brother and doesn't think Sansa would've done it. Plus I don't think he'd want to disappoint Breanne and she wouldn't take too kindly to being used. Who the fuck know with this show though.

Also did we pretty much get confirmation that Margaery's mother was behind the murder?
Yes, along with Baelish.

You even saw her messing with Margarey's necklace too.

Yeah they lost my GF on that. Ive been trying desperately to get her into the show, and this was maybe her 3rd episode ever.

The white walker stuff may have killed any hope I had. :(

Only her 3rd episode? That's not even an episode per season. Of course she's not interested.. she doesn't know about or have any attachment to anything that's going on.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to just jump in now. There's like 50 characters and some you don't see for episodes at a time. She'll know about some deaths that will happen but she should really try it from episode 1.

I honestly believe Jaime is trying to turn his shit around. Everything from being imprisoned to losing his hand to realizing his name isn't worth crap in that thick ass Kingsguard tome has probably forced him to reevaluate his sorry lot in life.

J-Rod

Tywin ought to be pissed off at Jamie for giving away that sword. Jamie downgrades to regular steel now, I suppose?

Edit: is that shit talking guy leading the crew at casters the scientist from pacific rim?

I kind of figured they were some kind of civilization that's been around for a while. They were the reason the wall was built, right? And I remember them saying the wall was built with magic, so I'm guessing the white walkers might be some kind of magical tribe. The show has alluded to a lot of gods, and we've seen the lord of light bring somebody back that was cleaved in half so I'm guessing they're some super old race of people with magical abilities. They obviously aren't just mindless zombies.

Raiden

Banned
Tywin ought to be pissed off at Jamie for giving away that sword. Jamie downgrades to regular steel now, I suppose?

Edit: is that shit talking guy leading the crew at casters the scientist from pacific rim?

Somehow i think it will return to Jaimie. I have a feeling Breanne might not be for long. And the "oathkeeper" will get back in his hands. With a new oath to keep perhaps?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Yeah I'm sure it's him. Was he in season 3? I watched season 3 after watching Pacific Rim, and it's funny how I never noticed him.

Revolver

I wonder what the motive of the white walkers is. I also wonder when winter is finally gonna come.

The White Walkers are confusing me. I thought they were marching on the Wall last season but now they seem to be going about business as usual. I thought winter was coming.

kaskade

Yes, along with Baelish.

You even saw her messing with Margarey's necklace too.

Ok that's what I thought. Little finger mentioned the necklace and then when she played with Margarey's I figured it was here.

Fuck I can't wait until next week. I loved the show before but these season I'm really into for some reason.

fader

The White Walkers are confusing me. I thought they were marching on the Wall last season but now they seem to be going about business as usual. I thought winter was coming.

yea i thought that whole thing with Same was them marching at the wall. How did Sam beat them to the wall? did they change their mind?

Cyan

Banned
yea i thought that whole thing with Same was them marching at the wall. How did Sam beat them to the wall? did they change their mind?

They marched on the Fist of the First Men, where the Night's Watch were encamped, and routed them. After that, guess they went home. :p

effzee

Question:

This most recent episode we learn that Granny Tyrell was working with Baelish to assassinate Joffrey right?

But weren't these two factions competing for Sansa? When Baelish tried to take her away last season, the Tyrells responded by trying to get Sansa married to Loras before Tywin forced Tyrion to marry her?

Why would these two work together?

Ovid

Question:

This most recent episode we learn that Granny Tyrell was working with Baelish to assassinate Joffrey right?

But weren't these two factions competing for Sansa? When Baelish tried to take her away last season, the Tyrells responded by trying to get Sansa married to Loras before Tywin forced Tyrion to marry her?

Common enemy.

Question:

Sansa is only a piece in a much larger game. They must've discussed a compromise that was mutually beneficial.

Also, while I'm not certain since it's been a while since watching season 3, but didn't Sansa choose not to flee King's Landing before being offered to Loras?

I wasn't really a big fan of Grandma Tyrell's reason for doing it. She says she didn't want her to marry a psycho. Okay, you could have atleast waited until they consumated the marriage and then even had someone else get Margery pregnant and say it was Joffrey's. That way at least she will stay queen.

Now she has to sneak all around and work her ass off to woo Tommen and if she's caught Cersei will probably have her killed.

I'm hoping there will be some third party that was involved with a better reason or something.

Curufinwe

I wasn't really a big fan of Grandma Tyrell's reason for doing it. She says she didn't want her to marry a psycho. Okay, you could have atleast waited until they consumated the marriage

You're assuming she would have had unlimited future opportunities to kill the king and get away with it, and that Joffrey wouldn't have started abusing Margarey right away. That asexual psycho would have probably wanted to consumate the marriage with his crossbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom