• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Ahhhh, now i remember. Thanks guys.

This should jog your memory;

tumblr_ml9zrtLpMi1qe2u41o1_500.gif

Nerokis

According to wikipedia the next book is book 6 and book 7 is also planned.

Two more books are left to be written.

Good to know. Finishing up one book and then going through another in the time it will take for the show to get to season 7 or 8 sounds feasible, but it seems we're catching up at a much, much faster rate than GRRM typically writes new material.

Suddenly I'm a little worried about the next book. Looking it up, the most recent one released only a couple months after the show began, right? Now that the show is as huge as it is, I can only imagine the spoiler rush the next book release will trigger.

Alpende

Good to know. Finishing up one book and then going through another in the time it will take for the show to get to season 7 or 8 sounds feasible, but it seems we're catching up at a much, much faster rate than GRRM typically writes new material.

Suddenly I'm a little worried about the next book. Looking it up, the most recent one released only a couple months after the show began, right? Now that the show is as huge as it is, I can only imagine the spoiler rush the next book release will trigger.

GRRM already talked with the showrunners/HBO about how he wants to end the books IIRC. That way the show can finish and GRRM can finish his books.

He's not going to finish the series before the show is at it's final season.

There is going to be a time, and apparently it just happened last episode, where future elements of the books will be spoiled by the show.

He has already told the show runners how the series ends, so when the time comes where the show has no more source material they can still stay true to the planned endings.

From reading most TV threads on here it seems people are typing on the internet while watching the show.

I just find that too distracting now, Once a show starts I close my laptop. I know the shared communal thing is fun but it means you miss so much dialogue and detail.

It just seems like a lot of the posters here would be that person in the movie theater asking "who is he again" every 5 minutes.

Alpende

From reading most TV threads on here it seems people are typing on the internet while watching the show.

I just find that too distracting now, Once a show starts I close my laptop. I know the shared communal thing is fun but it means you miss so much dialogue and detail.

With some shows it's kind of doable but with a show like GoT I can't. Way too much stuff going on.

He's not going to finish the series before the show is at it's final season.

There is going to be a time, and apparently it just happened last episode, where future elements of the books will be spoiled by the show.

He has already told the show runners how the series ends, so when the time comes where the show has no more source material they can still stay true to the planned endings.

And I'm all for it. I avoid so much of the internet become some idiot will spoil something on the show (and I've already had a few major deaths/events spoiled unfortunately).

Same here. GoT is the kind of show that requires your full attention. I turn down the lights down too. For that cinematic feel :p

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Did they try to make her look younger in that scene, makeup? She looks older elsewhere, maybe give the impression to the audience that the age gap wasn't too glaring, don't want to cause too much controversy.

I don't know if they were aiming for that, I mean, Tommen is barely old enough to know his dick can be used for other things besides pissing and Margaery has been through the kamasutra back AND forth..

Did they try to make her look younger in that scene, makeup? She looks older elsewhere, maybe give the impression to the audience that the age gap wasn't too glaring, don't want to cause too much controversy.

They make her look younger in every scene I think. Makeup does some amazing things. Her facial structure helps her look young as well. I honestly thought she was about 23 when I first saw her in the show.

Her looking a bit older in Elementary

tumblr_mr83nwIDlQ1qcxzk1o1_500.gif

Ah crap. Now I've been sucked into a vortex of Tumblr gifs

tumblr_n2lf33GCwg1r1kq55o3_250.gif

No complaints.

nubbe

Softer light and shadows is probably what makes her look really attractive

Nameless

Tommen became one of my favorite characters after rewatch. The way he stares at Margaery nervously mesmerized and googly eyed, and nods excitedly when she's asks to visit again was perfect. Fortuitous timing for Tyrells that Tywin recently gave him the sex talk. It just gives Margaery a wider net with which to ensnare the poor/lucky boy. Props to young Tommen, he didn't run from the almost kiss. My 11-12 year old self would have suffered a massive coronary.

got9.gif

Gods know I love Cersei but I cannot wait to see her reaction when she moves to align her son against Margaery only to discover her Rose has already been planted. Cersei's scowl wiil scorch the not-earth.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
just got hbo go and binge watched this over the last week, all caught up now.

Great show, and the opening song is amazing. Do the new episodes appear on Hbo Go right as it airs, "live"?
If you are on Comcast and are watching on PC, I have had no issues streaming it live from Xfinity.

Rootbeer

Banned
If you are on Comcast and are watching on PC, I have had no issues streaming it live from Xfinity.

I've had issues in the past... not for GOT (though I don't always use HBOGO on Sunday night each time), but for a few episodes of True Detective.

However, for S04E04 I did watch Sunday night around 6:10pm right as HBOGO first added it... and had zero issues. Using Comcast. Would be nice if the issues are totally behind them, but I could have just lucked out.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I wonder how long they took to get this shot, with the actress sitting there, staring at the cat, saying "come on, up, up" and the cat just staring at her like a little asshole, knowing he/she was burning up film stock. I love cats, but they suck when it comes to performing when they know you want them to perform.

Ceres

Banned
Holy, I did not realize Locke was the guy who cut of Jamie's hand. Poor Jon Snow.

I thought it was him but my thinking was more along the lines of "Either that's whats his face or they cast a guy who looks a hell of a lot like him"

Also took me a moment to realize crazy guy who took Craster's place was the scientist in Pacific Rim.

Hammer24

Banned
I wonder how long they took to get this shot, with the actress sitting there, staring at the cat, saying "come on, up, up" and the cat just staring at her like a little asshole, knowing he/she was burning up film stock. I love cats, but they suck when it comes to performing when they know you want them to perform.

Looks to me as if she gives the cat food with her right hand.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Holy, I did not realize Locke was the guy who cut of Jamie's hand. Poor Jon Snow.

He's Roose Bolton's pet rat. I pretty much hate that entire crew between Jamie's disfigurement, Brienne's day in the bear pit, and of course the betrayal of the Starks. I even want to see some retribution for Theon. Bastards need to die.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hopefully Jon fucks this guy up and reunites with Bran, in either order.

Honestly, I just want at least two 'Starks' to reunite. PLEASE!

Aren't both Sansa and Arya headed in the same direction right now (The Vale of Arryn)? Although I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of the plans fail.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yes: 1 given to Jamie, the other given to Joffrey as a wedding gift from Tywin... Jamie gave one away last ep.

I was just wondering if he gave his own away, or Joffrey's.

I don't think it was made clear, but my assumption is that Joffrey was buried (entombed?) with his, and Jamie gave his own sword away. But again, I don't think it was specified.

Kind of strange that the old lady decides to split before assuring her granddaughter's ascendancy to the throne, especially with the newfound uncertainty related to her claim now that her intended groom is dead.

Ovid

Aren't both Sansa and Arya headed in the same direction right now (The Vale of Arryn)?
Yes.

The Stark daughters are headed in the same direction. Jon and Bran (not Rickon) are headed towards each other too.

I hope they don't get our hopes up and just kill all them at the same time if/when they meet. That would be sad.

Sometimes I think GRRM is using the Stark's to show us how a family falls and gets wiped out like the Targareyan's (although there are technically still two of them left).

J-Rod

Hope we get to see Jon fuck up those traitors next episode. He's taking a pretty small party to do it particularly since one is secretly against him.

Yes.

The Stark daughters are headed in the same direction. Jon and Bran (not Rickon) are headed towards each other too.

I hope they don't get our hopes up and just kill all them at the same time if/when they meet. That would be sad.

Sometimes I think GRRM is using the Stark's to show us how a family falls and gets wiped out like the Targareyan's (although there are technically still two of them left).
Two? :eek: Whose the other one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom