• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

Damn, this was a good one.(Though tbh I think all of them have been great so far.)
Everything about that court scene was amazing, and really entertaining.
Also, I'm glad Daenerys was challenged on that crucifixion thing she had ordered. I kind of thought they'd just let that one slide. :p
Every episode since Season One has been amazing to me.

royalan

It looks like part of the plan for Littlefinger. He probably have spiders watching this trial and want the conflict and death to the Lannister family. Killing Tyrion also frees up Sansa for his stepson now (remember?).

Yeah. Littlefinger seems to need Tyrion specifically to take the fall for this. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still pulling strings on this whole thing.

Ploid 3.0

Preview discussion:
Since they showed The Mountain in the preview for next week ... I'm guessing that he will be Tyrion's fight in the Trial by Combat.

Doesn't that Oberyn guy want to kill The Mountain? Can Tyrion select one of the judges as his champion? Or can someone volunteer themself? I see Oberyn killing the Mountain.

Oooh boy, that would indeed work, and be awesome. Oh yess please be the case.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah. Littlefinger seems to need Tyrion specifically to take the fall for this. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still pulling strings on this whole thing.

I wouldn't be shocked, he needs to get him out of the way. He was on to part of the plan and it was only a matter of time until he put it all together.

mm04

First, I really loved Yara's speech about Theon. But turning tail so quickly after that build up was pathetic!

Great ending of the episode. Tyrion just telling everyone to kiss his dwarf ass was fantastic. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

I think there's gotta be some significance to Tyrion calling Joffrey a bastard, right? Basically confirming the incest rumors.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'm disappointed that she agreed to it.

Ha I kind of agree, I kind of wish she would just go total badass if that's what she wants to do. But I guess she can salvage some cred with the masters by doing it, and maybe the slaves will appreciate her "mercy" (lol)

Cersei wouldn't pick Jamie because he's a damaged fighter in her eyes. No one thinks he can fight anymore. Tyrion knows he's been training undercover though. (Not a book spoiler or preview. Just figuring stuff out. I have not read this).

Of course Tyrion knows, it was Tyrion who set Jamie up with Bronn to train.

Cercei won't pick him because she doesn't really seem to care for him anymore and the lack of hand will probably prevent most from picking him, maybe even Tyrion. I think she's going to pick (possible pre season preview spoiler, don't click if you didn't watch)
Oberyn.

Ha I kind of agree, I kind of wish she would just go total badass if that's what she wants to do. But I guess she can salvage some cred with the masters by doing it, and maybe the slaves will appreciate her "mercy" (lol)

I think the slaves are going to question why she would do it when the masters didn't give the same honor to the dead slaves. And the masters are going to see her a weak for allowing it.

Horrible decision in my opinion, hopefully I'm wrong.

Well damn, Tyrion is straight up the baddest mofugguh around. I don't know how the trail by combat works, but if he can choose his combatant I bet he picks Jaime.

Also I still cant decide who the dumbest character is on this show, Cersie or Shae.

Xamdou

Very obvious that Tyrion will pick Jaime, hes like the only person in the world who doesn't consider him a dwarf but thinks of him as family.

As for Cersei, I think she will pick the flower Knight so that she can get rid of him.

Arkos

I think the slaves are going to question why she would do it when the masters didn't give the same honor to the dead slaves. And the masters are going to see her a weak for allowing it.

Horrible decision in my opinion, hopefully I'm wrong.

I guess that's kind of like the glass half empty glass half full views of it. I'm hoping it works out, what I expect might be closer to you (although maybe it'll just not be mentioned again lol)

Fucking Cersei.

Do you think she really truly believes that Tyrion murdered Joffery, or does she just want to believe it because she hates him?

That woman. She's probably gonna end up being the sole survivor in House Lannister when all is said and done. Argh.

Poor Tyrion didn't even get to have his say. What a farce of a trial, though I guess the ending scene made up for it.

Nameless

Absolutely fantastic.

Tyrion just committed verbal genocide on the shitty people of King's Landing and danced on their graves.
tumblr_n42sauGOlx1ry4ehmo1_400.gif

Even better he's going to get his wish now that Stannis has the support the support of the Iron Bank. Finally a true king will sit upon the throne.

Arkos

Absolutely fantastic.

Tyrion just committed verbal genocide on the shitty people of King's Landing and danced on their graves.

Even better he's going to get his wish now that Stannis has the support the support of the Iron Bank. Finally a true king will sit upon the throne.

Yep I'm definitely going to have to use this gif

Ploid 3.0

Very obvious that Tyrion will pick Jaime, hes like the only person in the world who doesn't consider him a dwarf but thinks of him as family.

As for Cersei, I think she will pick the flower Knight so that she can get rid of him.

They do have to agree to fight for the person. Flower Knight don't have to put himself in this thing. He's not a servant so she can't order him.

Arkos

Damn man, Peter Dinklage is an amazing actor. He seriously floored me with that speech. Great episode.

Yeah, and you know that he knew that it was "his" scene, it's like watching a great athlete perform well in clutch time

Fucking Cersei.

Do you think she really truly believes that Tyrion murdered Joffery, or does she just want to believe it because she hates him?

That woman. She's probably gonna end up being the sole survivor in House Lannister when all is said and done. Argh.

Poor Tyrion didn't even get to have his say. What a farce of a trial, though I guess the ending scene made up for it.

I think Cersei is next to die from poison, it's just a matter of time.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I cant believe Shea butter did my man dirty like that.
It was a quick frame but there was a look on Cersei's face while Tyrion was giving his speech.
It looked as if deep down shes knows that he's innocent.

Varys did him dirty too. How was that for the good of the realm ?

ProfessorX

Unconfirmed Member
Tyrion has to fight for himself, unless someone volunteers to fight for him, in the trial by combat. At least that's the way it worked for him in his previous trial by combat.

Ploid 3.0

Tyrion has to fight for himself, unless someone volunteers to fight for him, in the trial by combat. At least that's the way it worked for him in his previous trial by combat.

Yeah, he asked around though, couldn't see anyone willing to fight for him. He can ask and be rejected it seems.

Absolutely fantastic.

I submit this gif for E3 gif retouch. Maybe a Xbox One touch up when something amazing is announced that changes everything for xbox one (Xbox free xbox live gold type of awesome).

Nameless

Anyone else was supremely disappointed with Varys? He seemed like the only guy that did not play the game. I guess not. Disappointing.

Nah. I think he's just gotten to the point where he sees his personal ambitions and the greater good of the realm as one in the same. Like Davos I'm sure it wasn't hard for him to conclude that things will be flung into chaos the day Tywin dies.

I guess that's kind of like the glass half empty glass half full views of it. I'm hoping it works out, what I expect might be closer to you (although maybe it'll just not be mentioned again lol)

Definitely possible but I have a feeling they wouldn't have bothered showing it if there wasn't going to be some reaction to it. Because if that's the case then there was really no reason for her being in this episode, but she was.

Anyone else was supremely disappointed with Varys? He seemed like the only guy that did not play the game. I guess not. Disappointing.

Damn right, I'm let down. I was complaining that there wasn't enough Varys this season and then he shows up and does this.

Edit: sorry for the double post, I should have quoted both in one go.

Arkos

Definitely possible but I have a feeling they wouldn't have bothered showing it if there wasn't going to be some reaction to it. Because if that's the case then there was really no reason for her being in this episode, but she was.

Touché :/ arrg the wheels are coming off over there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom