• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good show. Too many lead characters. More of them need to be killed off the show.

Having a year to get over the last killings, my body is definitely ready for more. But there really isn't anyone I want to see dead just yet that has a main presence, they've all got extremely interesting stories.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I agree, the other guy was better.

What was wrong with the scene? I thought it looked pretty good, when the dragon snapped back...That was exciting.

I just thought the cgi looked a little meh when it's head was in her lap, although I'm not sure how to make it better. Nobody else felt that?

Edit: the scene was fine, I just "noticed" the cgi

neoism

Arya fo lif... <3

also Hound holy shit I was laughing my ass off, lol motherfucka wanted some chicken.

I just thought the cgi looked a little meh when it's head was in her lap, although I'm not sure how to make it better. Nobody else felt that?

cgi was top draw, looked real enough to me. but then again i dont pay that close attention, more of a casual viewer

devilhawk

This thread is dark and full of terrors. And the best part is it is show only people who have read spoilers asking about them.

Madness

Watching Ice be broken and reforged like that and then the pelt Ned kept it in be burned after was tough. The comment about it being absurdly large was funny, Tywin just mad he couldn't handle a sword that "size".

Good ep. Had some subtle exposition so you won't feel too lost. Never wholly satisfying, of course, as it's just continuing to build the world brick by brick. 8 more weeks to Episode 9!

iNvid02

damn arya is ruthless. #deathistheonetruegod

and cannibals? yeah why not, we have almost everything else

Busaiku

I can't remember anything too bad during the 2nd season's 9th.
Weren't Bran/Rickort "burned" on the 7th or 8th?

Red Comet

I was forced to watch this episode in SD on my television since HBO GO was a no go, so the CGI looked really damn good to me for a TV show. I'll check it out in HD again when I can.

Good ep. Had some subtle exposition so you won't feel too lost. Never wholly satisfying, of course, as it's just continuing to build the world brick by brick. 8 more weeks to Episode 9!

I know people who don't like Game of Thrones because they are too confused after 3 or 4 episodes. I always try to explain it like The Wire, if they have seen that: The first half of the season is a blur with many different people and plot elements. Then in the next 1/4 you understand everything that is in motion, and the final 1/4 is the payoff. Game of Thrones is very similar. Obviously it's not entirely boring and confusing and some exciting stuff happens earlier on, not just at the end, but I think the payoffs near the end of the seasons are worth the sometimes-confusing beginnings.

Red Comet

I can't remember anything too bad during the 2nd season's 9th.
Weren't Bran/Rickort "burned" on the 7th or 8th?

Really? Blackwater was one of the best of the entire series.

I know people who don't like Game of Thrones because they are too confused after 3 or 4 episodes. I always try to explain it like The Wire, if they have seen that: The first half of the season is a blur with many different people and plot elements. Then in the next 1/4 you understand everything that is in motion, and the final 1/4 is the payoff. Game of Thrones is very similar. Obviously it's not entirely boring and confusing and some exciting stuff happens earlier on, not just at the end, but I think the payoffs near the end of the seasons are worth the sometimes-confusing beginnings.

Sometimes I feel like if I had not read the books then I would be totally confused. I imagine some of you have to be sometimes.

Lol...We've come to expect death and mayhem in the 9th.

Yup! I think we're on to them, though, so they might as well put the super-shocking stuff at the end now.

I admit I haven't gotten to The Wire yet, but, of the shows I've seen, GoT is absolutely the best at world-building. I'm still concerned how things are going to wrap up with the unfinished book series and all, but I'm basically going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

iNvid02

thronescast said something about the dragons not taking too kindly to non-valerian riders, and with them already being all snappy how will she control them?

I can just see jorah in a desperate last ditch effort to escape the friend zone try to ride one and get eaten.

Is the guy who handed her the different flowers a new character or a recast of the guy who snuck into her tent?

Recast, he replaced the blonde guy who's face you wanted to punch

Curufinwe

So there were two scenes referenced that I would like to watch again since I can't remember them well, but I don't know what episodes they happened in.

Sansa saving the fat knight guy from Joffrey.

Arya getting her sword taken from her.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
cgi was top draw, looked real enough to me. but then again i dont pay that close attention, more of a casual viewer

Lol I'm by no mean a cgi- or graphics hound, that's the only reason I said anything is because normally I'm not bothered by what other people seem to "notice" when it comes to computer animation. Either way, the scene was great and it didn't take away from my enjoyment, I'm just jaded and skeptical of cgi creeping in more and more I guess.

So there were two scenes referenced that I would like to watch again since I can't remember them well, but I don't know what episodes they happened in.

Sansa saving the fat knight guy from Joffrey.

Arya getting her sword taken from her.

Sansa and fat guy was in the first episode of season 2. I think it may have been the very first scene.

Arya's loss of sword was the second or third episode of season 2. And I think it was the last scene of the episode.

Dynamic3

Fuckin' tent guy went from long, wavy blond hair to short black hair. I can barely keep up as it is.

Overall quite satisfied with the premiere, some good kills and two sets of boobs.

Edit: What house had the sigil of the skull with the crown(?)?

Edit: nvm, it's Manwoody.

isual

Wow. Told myself I was going to wait till June And marathon it, but shiiiiettt was this episode 11 so good.

Love arya!

Also, foreals, if the dragons fly over kings landing with based on their size from the shadow, shiiiettttttttt

Curufinwe

- Onion A|V Club non-book readers review
- Sepinwall's review

As with all GoT content, you probably shouldn't read the comments.

Sepinwall has turned off comments on his GOT posts.

NOTE: No more comments on any "Game of Thrones" posts. I tried setting up separate message board forums for readers and non-readers, but there are certain individuals with such small emotional lives that they've decided that they must punish anyone who hasn't read the books by posting extensive spoilers in the non-readers thread. So forget that. Y'all want to discuss this show, I would advise finding someplace else to do it. I'll keep reviewing it, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom