• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cersei even said she wishes she were born a man. She hates playing the traditional role of a "lady".

I believe she said this in the "Blackwater" episode.
Yes, but Cersei is a crazy bitch. I don't see what Tywin expects of her in terms of being lady other than marrying for power. I think obviously this would be an issue with Arya as well, but she's much more clever than Cersei (IMO).

iNvid02

PRsZxJA.jpg

Nameless

Before going to the Iron Islands on behalf of Robb, can you name one dickish thing he did?

Not Arya. Tywin wants his daughter to act like a lady not like one of his sons.

Arya is way similar to Cersei in that way.

-He was an asshole to Jon Snow

-He was an asshole to Ros

-He was an asshole to Robb

-He got rapey with Osha before Maester Luewyn interrupted them.

He was just a dick in general. The very first thing he did upon landing on the Iron Islands was finger blast his sister.

With that said he did deliver a classic, albeit pointless speech:

http://youtu.be/5mDaIsz-iU8

He was just a dick in general. The very first thing he did upon landing on the Iron Islands was finger blast his sister.

so great.

But still, he's having a really hard time. And I don't think he's going to have a very happy ending.

Angry Fork

I don't know...folks can forgive Jamie for trying to kill a kid, but no mercy for Theon for killing two kids? I guess it comes down on which character you're emotionally invested in. I have to admit, last weeks episode definitely won me back in the Tyrion camp. His rant was soooooo damn epic! I think I watched that episode at least 5 times now. lol

Bran is annoying and a waste of screen time so it's okay if he dies along with his harry potter buddies. More time for the GOAT jaime.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I don't know...folks can forgive Jamie for trying to kill a kid, but no mercy for Theon for killing two kids? I guess it comes down on which character you're emotionally invested in. I have to admit, last weeks episode definitely won me back in the Tyrion camp. His rant was soooooo damn epic! I think I watched that episode at least 5 times now. lol

Jamie tried to kill Bran out of love to protect his sister and children. If Robert had learned the truth he would have killed Jamie and Cercei along with all of their children, so in essence he didn't have much of a choice. It's the same reason why Catelyn Stark let Jamie go despite the cost to the war, she loved her family and her children and would do anything to protect them.

Theon killed those boys for no reason other than to look tough and maybe please his father. He wasn't doing it to protect anybody. Theon really doesn't have any redeeming qualities about him.

Nameless

so great.

But still, he's having a really hard time. And I don't think he's going to have a very happy ending.

Yea, I don't see how either. If by some miracle he breaks free of Ramsay's spell where would he go? Balon loathed him even when he could still give him grandsons. Anywhere else he goes in Westeros he'd either be seen as a treasonous Greyjoy, a fugitive of House Bolton, the guy who betrayed the King in the North, or someone who's still a Stark loyalists. Shit, he can't even join the Night's Watch as long as Jon is up there. Snow's matured, but no way he lets Theon slide for all he's done to the Starks.

His best bet would be to sail east, throw himself at Dany's feet, and hope she's gracious enough to allow him to begin Unsullied training. He could even keep going by Reek and fit right in.

Ovid

Other than the dire wolf thing in S1E1, I didn't see any hatred between them.

He liked Ros. Remember when she left for King's Landing on the back of the wagon?

Back and forth sibling rivalry between these two.

I guess we all can agree that he's a sex addict.

Loakum

Banned
Jamie tried to kill Bran out of love to protect his sister and children. If Robert had learned the truth he would have killed Jamie and Cercei along with all of their children, so in essence he didn't have much of a choice. It's the same reason why Catelyn Stark let Jamie go despite the cost to the war, she loved her family and her children and would do anything to protect them.

Theon killed those boys for no reason other than to look tough and maybe please his father. He wasn't doing it to protect anybody. Theon really doesn't have any redeeming qualities about him.

Jamie's reasoning for attempted child murder was very admirable....but it was still child attempted murder. lol Theon was no saint, but I think he suffered enough.

Loakum

Banned

I guess Theon can't be accused of being a dick anymore....

BAqE6HN.gif

foxtrot3d

Banned
Jamie's reasoning for attempted child murder was very admirable....but it was still child attempted murder. lol Theon was no saint, but I think he suffered enough.

You may not like his decision but his reason is pretty clear and straight forward either his family dies or Bran dies, us or them, either way you approach that situation is gonna have a bad outcome. That said, I would agree that Theon has had enough he should have been killed a while ago, nobody deserves that kind of torture. However, I'm not exactly going to act as through Theon is some "saint" or not deserving of punishment. He was an egotistical and shallow bully who betrayed everyone he knew for the idea of his own glory and title.

Sendero

Theon was and thought with his dick. Him betraying the Starks (whom turned out, treated him better than likely his father would), taking over Winterfell and killing the farmer kids were all serious sins.

But really, the point of the long torture events and his eventual decend to becoming Reek, is basically him paying the Iron price. And since he is now dickless -as Varys-, he will have more chance to put his thoughts on doing actual relevant actions.

To me, the story is pointing him to become quite important on the whole ordeal, just like Danny, Brann, Arya, Tyrion, Jon, Stannis, etc. None of them are perfect, but are slowly coming to terms on what they are meant to be, have improved, and are getting surrounded by important people that will help them on whatever critical mission the author have for them.

Like heroes getting their own RPG party.
And I can think a VERY good reason of why Theon will be needed in the near future. Hope it's the case.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Theon deserved to die for betraying Rob, sure, but this is all a bit much.

Oh come on. Tell me one person who caught in that situation wouldn't have sided with his blood family. Remember, regardless of how well the Starks treated Theon, the reality still stand that Ned Stark killed Theon's brothers and took him as his prisoner. Theon comes back to his family and is reminded of that.

Went on a binge last week and watched all episodes for the first time. As someone who hasn't read the books, I'm really impressed with the quality of this show. Didn't really know what the fuzz was all about in the last few years, but having caught up to the latest episode this is my favorite currently running show. Also, the Red Wedding left me traumatized for life.

I'm thinking about picking up the books. How far is the show in terms of the books?

Thank you AbstergoAgent!

Went on a binge last week and watched all episodes for the first time. As someone who hasn't read the books, I'm really impressed with the quality of this show. Didn't really know what the fuzz was all about in the last few years, but having caught up to the latest episode this is my favorite currently running show. Also, the Red Wedding left me traumatized for life.

I'm thinking about picking up the books. How far is the show in terms of the books?

That's a question someone will have to PM you, no book talk in this thread at all.

Curufinwe

Are there any STDs in Westeros? With all the whorehouses and primitive healthcare, someone should have caught something (that isn't pregnancy) by now.

Cersei had an issue the medical guy who came back with Jaime helped her with. I forget his name. She didn't want Pycelle examining her so maybe it was for something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom