• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

God damn Episode 7 already, this season is flying by.

At this point everyone expects the 9th episode to scorch the earth. I wonder if they'll throw us a curveball and drop the season defining ep before or after. Perhaps the finale is actually treated like a finale instead of basically serving as an epilogue for episode nine. Or is this just what Game of Thrones does?

Rose was my favorite college player (Memphis fan). It really sucks to see him hurt all the time. He's basically a Stark.

Yeah, man. I feel like someone cast a fire leech curse on dude. Hoping he comes back in at full strength.

He was rolling his eyes at fans (including me) at San Diego Comic Con. I made the mistake in saying, "I hope you win the emmy this year." and he frowned and rolled his eyes at me. It did kind of hurt my feelings. The rest of season 1 cast was super nice and friendly. I had a full conversation with Emilia Clarke. She's a real down to earth sweet person. I was the last person in line, and was shown on their youtube video, geeking out talking to her on their old Game of Thrones sizzle reel from "The Buzz" :)

Weird, you had a convo with Emilia and didn't get me married to her. Kind of a dick move!

stick the combat to easy mode and enjoy the actual game (even on easy the combat has strange difficulty spikes). some of the animation (the dog) and the voice acting is awful, but it has opposite moments where the game looks jaw dropping and the va is perfect. It's well worth it and has a ton of lore and game hours.

How long?

demolitio

God damn Episode 7 already, this season is flying by.

At this point everyone expects the 9th episode to scorch the earth. I wonder if they'll throw us a curveball and drop the season defining ep before or after. Perhaps the finale is actually treated like a finale instead of basically serving as an epilogue for episode nine. Or is this just what Game of Thrones does?

Yeah, man. I feel like someone cast a fire leech curse on dude. Hoping he comes back in at full strength.

I used to think the 9th episode would be Stannis's return to King's Landing but now I don't know if the Lannister plots there will be finished yet or not. Maybe that can happen in the finale with it ending on Stannis's coronation. It's going to happen for better or worse! :D

Maybe the 9th episode will just be expensive in a different way or something huge happens then. I just hope my prediction of Tywin dying comes true this season which sucks in one way due to how badass his character is, but it's something that's inevitable and will feel good at the same time. It's probably too early for that given the trial though. You just know SOMETHING has to happen that shakes things up.

Honestly, I'm just wondering when the hell the White Walkers finally become a real threat. Since Stannis was one of the few that took that threat seriously, maybe it's something that will happen only when he gets a bigger part as I think him becoming king is pretty likely at this point and like I said earlier, would be ironic if Tommen proves to be a good king that brings a small sliver of peace to the region just to be ruined by Stannis no matter how rightful his claim is. Then it's whether or not Melisandre basically leads for Stannis using religion since burning heretics might not be the best approach to peace. To me, I see those two as being similar to the kings throughout history that lead but was always really being lead by a head of a church of some sort.

He does. Here's a few of his godly achievements:

- He was literally in the middle of the advancing WW army.

- He encountered and killed a wight.

- He survived a mutiny without know knowing how to properly wield a sword.

- He spoke and gave something to Craster's daughter

This guy is unstoppable.

It's almost like he's a player controlled character in an RPG. Seems to always be in the thick of it and always survives even if he has no idea what's going on.

If you followed him for a while he probably runs around a lot and randomly jumps everywhere.

demolitio

It's almost like he's a player controlled character in an RPG. Seems to always be in the thick of it and always survives even if he has no idea what's going on.

If you followed him for a while he probably runs around a lot and randomly jumps everywhere.

Now I'm going to imagine that happening in every scene he's in from here on out. :p

So Jon Snow ends up dying and Sam is the one that actually leads the Night's Watch to victory.

Brashnir

Every time he's off-screen he just goes around the room punching walls to look for secret doors.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
0kOnnU0.gif

http://www.funnyordie.com/gayofthrones/playlists/341958

Loakum

Banned
Maybe he heard you say the same to Emilia Clarke and when you said it to him he thought "what the fuck does this guy know about acting?"

:p

No. For starters Emilia Clarke wasn't nominated for a Emmy that year. What we talked about was her final scene for season #1, when she was holding the 3 baby dragons. He was just having a bad day, I guess. Regardless if he was bored of hearing the same praises from fans, if it wasn't for the fans, he wouldn't be where he is today! Unfortunately, some celebs types seems to forget that fact.

Loakum

Banned
A human being can only hear the same thing said to them so many times before it makes them roll their eyes.

Who knows what the reason may have been, but does that justify his rude actions? I don't believe it does. If you're at a job, and you had a real bad at work, and you snap at a customer who just asked for directions. Is that response an excuse for rude behavior? No. This behavior will only lead to being fired, or losing fans....which is toxic, if you're an actor.

Who knows what the reason may have been, but does that justify his rude actions? I don't believe it does. If you're at a job, and you had a real bad at work, and you snap at a customer who just asked for directions. Is that response an excuse for rude behavior? No. This behavior will only lead to being fired, or losing fans....which is toxic, if you're an actor.

lol how is that the same thing? If a customer compliments you on your work and you roll your eyes, you should be fired? He didn't snap at you.

I'm pretty sure he got his role in GoT because he's a talented actor, not because he has lots of fans. He has bigger hurdles to deal with.

Loakum

Banned
lol how is that the same thing? If a customer compliments you on your work and you roll your eyes, you should be fired? He didn't snap at you.

I'm pretty sure he got his role in GoT because he's a talented actor, not because he has lots of fans. He has bigger hurdles to deal with.

rude behavior is rude behavior. I'm amazed at how some folks attempt to justify what's unjustifiable. and to answer your question, yes. employees can and have been fired for being rude to customers. which includes rolling eyes, frowning, ect. and to answer your other "comment" being a talented actor gets you in the door, but if you're alienating your fans, that door will close. I guess you was unaware of talented actors who can't get rolls, because of their behavior, right?

Curufinwe

Tone down the sense of entitlement. He's not your employee, or your friend, or your anything.

Dinklage isn't getting fired or losing any fans over this.

Khaz

rude behavior is rude behavior. I'm amazed at how some folks attempt to justify what's unjustifiable. and to answer your question, yes. employees can and have been fired for being rude to customers. which includes rolling eyes, frowning, ect. and to answer your other "comment" being a talented actor gets you in the door, but if you're alienating your fans, that door will close. I guess you was unaware of talented actors who can't get rolls, because of their behavior, right?

They rolled their eyes so much no one wanted to work with them, ever.

Loakum

Banned
Tone down the sense of entitlement. He's not your employee, or your friend, or your anything.

Dinklage isn't getting fired or losing any fans over this.

was that a serious reply? I really hope you was just trolling because:

• I NEVER said he was my employee!
  • I NEVER said he was (or wanted) to be my friend!
  • I NEVER said he was gonna lose his job on this childish incident!

so your comment was pointless.

Loakum

Banned
They rolled their eyes so much no one wanted to work with them, ever.

re-read my comment again carefully, and you will see where you went wrong. I'll wait.

This will serve as my final reply on this subject. It was childish of Dinklage, but he's human. I'll just leave it at that.

Ovid

Just finished S3E8 (Second Sons) of my rewatch.

I think Theon is going to kill his father.

Melisandre used leeches to draw Gendry's blood to be used as a sacrifice. As the leeches were put to the flame, Stannis named three people, Robb, Balon and Joffrey.

Robb and Joffrey are dead.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I've been wondering about that' myself. If that leech business is legit, which it appears to be, Balon's the last dude on the list. He seems pretty safe where he's at right now, though.

Sendero

If that leech business is legit, which it appears to be, Balon's the last dude on the list. He seems pretty safe where he's at right now, though.
One of the leeches was put on Gendry's dick, so I always took it like Theon's getting maimed was the punishment for Balon.

It means that the lineage through his first son is done.

But yeah, his days are numbered. Not sure if this season, though.

Ovid

One of the leeches was put on Gendry's dick, so I always took it like Theon's getting maimed was the punishment for Balon.

That's right.

Sendero

This video really makes it seem like Tyrion will pick Jamie.
I personally do not think so. Tyrion is no longer the person that was back then. And the circumstances are simply not the same.

Directly asking Jaime to champion him would clash with his persona now. He would never put in risk one of the only 2 persons that believes in him.

Plus, Jaime is missing a hand, and at least in his eyes, not ready for such battle.

But more importantly, electing Jaime would show him still like a clingy, dependent person that needs to be protected by others. He is no longer the money spender on whores/wine, that relies on daddy's name for everything. By directly defying his father and trashing Cercei and King's Landing he is breaking with the last of the ties he had with his past.

Finally, he knows his father would not allow Jaime to fight. And Jaime is still under the oath of the royal guard. So, he likely is not even eligible, unless it was as champion of the Crown itself.

Just finished S3E8 (Second Sons) of my rewatch.

I think Theon is going to kill his father.

Melisandre used leeches to draw Gendry's blood to be used as a sacrifice. As the leeches were put to the flame, Stannis named three people, Robb, Balon and Joffrey.

Robb and Joffrey are dead.

Just thinking about the GoT world, that would be weird to me. When Renly died it was direct magic bullshit. For the Lord of Light to also be responsible for Robb and Joffrey's deaths it would have to have mastery over fate itself and the world tied to causality on the level of Berserk. (Robb falling in love, thus pissing of Frey, Karstarcks leaving, along with the Lanister conspiracy. Littlefinger's years of scheming and manipulating etc.)

SeanR1221

Plus Balon is pretty old. Dude can't have that much time left.

Good point about Theon. The iron born will die out. I don't like the iron born anyway. They strike me as the kid at school who thinks he's way better than he really is and nobody likes him.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
To me, it looks like the Tywin will nominate Jamie against Tyrion's body guard, and Jamie's teacher, because Tywin is a fucking tool and it would be the worst thing to happen.

George RR Martin is one mean bastard to his characters.

Just thinking about the GoT world, that would be weird to me. When Renly died it was direct magic bullshit. For the Lord of Light to also be responsible for Robb and Joffrey's deaths it would have to have mastery over fate itself and the world tied to causality on the level of Berserk. (Robb falling in love, thus pissing of Frey, Karstarcks leaving, along with the Lanister conspiracy. Littlefinger's years of scheming and manipulating etc.)

It seems like a psychic bluffing through a mindreading with generic crap. It is pretty safe to bet that powerful people in westeros will be the targets of assassinations eventually.

Peagles

I woke up this morning having had a really involved dream about Game of Thrones, and I don't really remember what it was about but I suddenly had a theory about Sam's plot armour. I'm going to put it in spoiler tags though because I think it's crazy, not because it's a spoiler but I don't know if I'm guessing stuff that shouldn't be guessed at...

Could Sam still be alive because he swore his vows to the old gods? I'm too scared (of spoilers) to look up whether anyone else did with John Snow so I'll have to rewatch it, but I know Sam did. As far as I can see so far, the old gods are probably for real and so is the lord of light, but the seven are nowhere to be seen. Maybe it's something like, everyone at the wall used to make their vows to the old gods, and that's what kept everyone safe from the white walkers? But now that people have given up on the old gods, the wall has fallen into disregard and are just a bunch of chumps... I don't know, but it would be pretty crazy, and cool.

I woke up this morning having had a really involved dream about Game of Thrones, and I don't really remember what it was about but I suddenly had a theory about Sam's plot armour. I'm going to put it in spoiler tags though because I think it's crazy, not because it's a spoiler but I don't know if I'm guessing stuff that shouldn't be guessed at...

Could Sam still be alive because he swore his vows to the old gods? I'm too scared (of spoilers) to look up whether anyone else did with John Snow so I'll have to rewatch it, but I know Sam did. As far as I can see so far, the old gods are probably for real and so is the lord of light, but the seven are nowhere to be seen. Maybe it's something like, everyone at the wall used to make their vows to the old gods, and that's what kept everyone safe from the white walkers? But now that people have given up on the old gods, the wall has fallen into disregard and are just a bunch of chumps... I don't know, but it would be pretty crazy, and cool.

I'm pretty sure Benjin would have done it also, and look how well it's going with him ;)

Sendero

Could Sam still be alive because he swore his vows to the old gods?
I think that Plot armor is decided by the author as a device to continue a story, so I doubt that's a main reason in this case.

However, Brann's quest (Old gods, 3-eyed crow, Andals/First men,etc) has been prominently featured, so it's likely the key part to the whole White Walker invasion. So, the scene of Sam & Gili under the old tree -abandoned shack, the obsidian dagger and crows- is likely a foreshadowing on how all those elements are tied.

I take that's the reason of why we keep seeing Winterfell burning on the intro. Because next to it, there is one of the old trees, so venerated by the Starks. It must have some sort of significance.

Extra: Did we ever know what happened to Benjin? I had the idea the actor appeared on one of the chapters after Jon arrived to Castle Black, but clearly was not the case.

Extra: Did we ever know what happened to Benjin? I had the idea the actor appeared on one of the chapters after Jon arrived to Castle Black, but clearly was not the case.

They found the dead bodies of the rangers he went out with, but no sign of him. That was the last time he was even mentioned. He'll come back eventually somehow, this show doesn't add filler. Everything they show pretty much has a reason and conclusion so hopefully we'll find out soon. I'm betting he's a white walker, lol.

On a side note, hopefully they show an update on Rickon and Osha before the end of the season, even just a small clip. As well as Gendry, unless his story ended once Davos set him free.

Sendero

They found the dead bodies of the rangers he went out with, but no sign of him. I'm betting he's a white walker, lol.
Ah, thanks. Yes, no body = he will reappear. Hopefully not as white walker, since the scene would not have that much weight, given that he barely appeared in the show for a couple of minutes.

Also, wouldn't that mean that his partners would be walkers as well?

And now that you mention Rickon, I suddenly notice that I do not recall what's Roose Bolton doing. He left Ramsey to take over a castle, but not sure what his father is concocting in the meantime. I'm also interested on Gendry, but mostly what's up with Bronn. He has to appear before the season ends. (I hope).

Minion101

Banned
I personally do not think so. Tyrion is no longer the person that was back then. And the circumstances are simply not the same.

Directly asking Jaime to champion him would clash with his persona now. He would never put in risk one of the only 2 persons that believes in him.

Plus, Jaime is missing a hand, and at least in his eyes, not ready for such battle.

But more importantly, electing Jaime would show him still like a clingy, dependent person that needs to be protected by others. He is no longer the money spender on whores/wine, that relies on daddy's name for everything. By directly defying his father and trashing Cercei and King's Landing he is breaking with the last of the ties he had with his past.

Finally, he knows his father would not allow Jaime to fight. And Jaime is still under the oath of the royal guard. So, he likely is not even eligible, unless it was as champion of the Crown itself.
That's a very elaborate explanation. How are you so sure?

*glares at you*

Khaz

I still can't think of this world having gods. It's magical and mysterious for sure, but there is still no need for Gods. People do have crazy powers though.

- Bran is a telepath
- Jojen is delusional
- The guy from the Brotherhood without banners had CPR training
- Kelly C has a thick skin and damaged nociceptors
- White Walkers are allergic to obsidian
- Melisandre has a nasty vagina
- burning leeches makes for some happy coincidences

All these guys are deluded because they don't understand their powers and attribute them to the wills of gods. Like Cyclops going all "God made me shoot lasers from my eyes! I must burn the infidels!"

Finally caught up. This fucking show man. I was feeling like this season was trending pretty slow, but ramped up with the trial. That last scene with Tyrion was intense even though I was pretty sure he was going to T.b.C. due to the trial being a complete farce.

Would love to see Oberyn wreck someones shit.

Sendero

That's a very elaborate explanation. How are you so sure?
*glares at you*
I'm not a book reader, if that's what you are impling (one of my guessings was shutdown by the producers just a couple of pages ago).

In GoT, all the main characters have either died, or transitioned in one way or another. The fake trial has been *the* most relevant event Tyrion has gotten into so far. It put all his family in confrontation with each other. All his friends seemingly betrayed him (sans Bronn) and his perspective is not looking good.

Across all the show, he has been at odds with his own identity, his position as Lannister, the disdain/respect relationship with his father, etc. But this is it. He destroyed his father's heritage plan with a single decision, and I think there is no back now.

He either is going to die in the Trial by combat
and the Season's trailer pretty much gave away what's going to happen
, or someone will stand by him - but given the arguments I gave earlier, it won't be because Tyrion begs for it.

He is fed up & disillusioned, so is now standing on his own feets (so to speak). The world pretty much is forcing him to do so for real.

Ah, thanks. Yes, no body = he will reappear. Hopefully not as white walker, since the scene would not have that much weight, given that he barely appeared in the show for a couple of minutes.

Also, wouldn't that mean that his partners would be walkers as well?

And now that you mention Rickon, I suddenly notice that I do not recall what's Roose Bolton doing. He left Ramsey to take over a castle, but not sure what his father is concocting in the meantime. I'm also interested on Gendry, but mostly what's up with Bronn. He has to appear before the season ends. (I hope).

They burned the bodies of the dead Rangers before they could turn. That's why I'm thinking Benjin is a white walker. Either that he's alive out there somewhere, but where? or he killed them himself and deserted.

That's a good point about Roose, seems like he just lets Ramsey run the show.

Co-worker at work just hinted something. Not that big, but fucks sake man.. control yourself. "hey you know this character and what you think he/she may do, it's not that".. well then I can assume already what he or she is going to do then...

Can't people stop insinuate at all? I can already pick some story elements by guessing, I don't need hints. Reminds me of dumb youtuber reviwers "there's only 3 ways that storyline can go".. gee weez, thanks for narrowing it down for me douchebag. I was having fun speculating until you cleared it up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom