• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Oberyn in two weeks
kilik.png
It's gonna be so good.

Man, I really didn't want it to be Oberyn v. Mountain. Oberyn is one of the coolest characters on the show, but he's dead meat. The coolest character on the show is the Hound and it's going to be him v. his brother at some point, that would be such a huge moment for the story. Barring a miracle Oberyn is probably toast. =(

Man, I really didn't want it to be Oberyn v. Mountain. Oberyn is one of the coolest characters on the show, but he's dead meat. The coolest character on the show is the Hound and it's going to be him v. his brother at some point, that would be such a huge moment for the story. Barring a miracle Oberyn is probably toast. =(

I don't think so, the mountain might be big and strong but Oberyn is probably a better and faster fighter than Bronn. It'l be a good fight, that's for sure.

Edit: also Oberyn has a lot to fight for. He's seen the Lannisters for scum since he was young, that story he told Tyrion, that was pretty sad. The mountain is just a big oaf.

Nameless

Not gonnt lie, I laughed out loud at that dude who threw his weapon down and begged The Mountain for mercy. You're dead already, at least go out with your balls in your hand.

Moaradin

Oberyn is fucking awesome. I really like his character despite him being new to the series. Hope he doesn't bite it vs. The Mountain :(

Blader

So are Brienne and Pod going to the Vale or not? I couldn't tell her from the conversation at the fork in the road whether they decided against Pod's theory that Arya would be headed there.

Oberyn very quickly became one of my favorite characters, but his role here is very weirdly written. Either he was created to kill the Mountain/save Tyrion or he was created to be killed the Hound. If it's the former, that's very plot device-y; if it's the latter, then what was the point of him at all?

I'm leaning towards Oberyn killing the Mountain in any event. The alternative is that he dies and then Tyrion dies, who isn't leaving anytime soon. It takes away the possibility of a Hound/Mountain match-up, but taking away those kinds of expected climaxes are kind of a running motif here. You're not going to see Robb march on King's Landing or Arya get revenge on Joffrey, after all.

I don't think so, the mountain might be big and strong but Oberyn is probably a better and faster fighter than Bronn. It'l be a good fight, that's for sure.

Edit: also Oberyn has a lot to fight for. He's seen the Lannisters for scum since he was young, that story he told Tyrion, that was pretty sad. The mountain is just a big oaf.

I hope you are right, and a recurring theme is that justice comes but often not at the hands of those most aggrieved, so maybe that'll hold true for Hound getting justice as well.

Blader, yeah, I think -- hope -- you are right. Also, yeah, can't tell which way Brienne and Pod went. I expect the Vale.

Poor Jorah...

I really don't like the new Daario. If it was the old one i'd be ok with them boning, but the new one? Nope. Hope he gets his head chopped when they go free some slaves, this actor sucks balls.

sangreal

Poor Jorah...

I really don't like the new Daario. If it was the old one i'd be ok with them boning, but the new one? Nope. Hope he gets his head chopped when they go free some slaves, this actor sucks balls.

I agree, though I'm not sure if it is the new actor or just recasting in general

This whole thing seems weird.

Certainly Cersei knows Oberyn hates the Lannisters. Certainly she knows that if she chooses The Mountain, Oberyn is gonna fight for Tyrion. Certainly Tywin knows this.

I'd say I'm over thinking this, but this is Game of Thrones. I'm always expecting a swerve, and something seems fishy.

Cloudy

Banned
Are there any STDs in Westeros? With all the whorehouses and primitive healthcare, someone should have caught something (that isn't pregnancy) by now.

I remember a few eps ago when Craster's daughter was sent to work as a cleaner at the whorehouse, they showed someone washing out some medieval condom

I hope you are right, and a recurring theme is that justice comes but often not at the hands of those most aggrieved, so maybe that'll hold true for Hound getting justice as well.

Blader, yeah, I think -- hope -- you are right. Also, yeah, can't tell which way Brienne and Pod went. I expect the Vale.

I hope I'm right too, Oberyn is one of my new favorite characters and Tyrion is one of the best characters period. If we lose them both i'll be heartbroken.

Nameless

Btw, RIP to Ser Jorah Mormont. The Universe is cruel making him run into Daario mid victory lap.

"She's in a good mood"

Pure ether

63671-Jorah-friendzone-Game-of-Thron-aWbw.jpeg

LittleFuckingFinger cleaning Westeros of its crazy bastards. YES.

Also those Arya and Tyrion scenes were golden.

And poor Jorah, I feel so sorry for him...

Certainly Cersei knows Oberyn hates the Lannisters. Certainly she knows that if she chooses The Mountain, Oberyn is gonna fight for Tyrion. Certainly Tywin knows this.

I'd say I'm over thinking this, but this is Game of Thrones. I'm always expecting a swerve, and something seems fishy.

I think she wants Tyrion dead so badly that she's convinced herself that she's convinced Oberyn. I don't think she expects him to offer to be his champion.

Giving her a bit to much credit.

Blader

Even if Oberyon fights for Tyrion, so what? I'm sure Cersei isn't counting on the Mountain losing.

ReiGun

Btw, RIP to Ser Jorah Mormont. The Universe is cruel making him run into Daario mid victory lap.

"She's in a good mood"

Pure ether

63671-Jorah-friendzone-Game-of-Thron-aWbw.jpeg

Jorah isnt even in the friendzone. He's in like, the Friend Negative Dimension. The only way it could get lower for him is if he had to get Daario a towel to wipe off the sweat after giving Dany that good stroke.

I'm sad for the man.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Or maybe she believes the Mountain is unbeatable ?

ding ding ding

Plus he's feared for a reason, he's not the type of person anyone really wants to fight if they can help it.

I'm sure Jaime even with his hand would have a lot of difficulty going against the Mountain.

I kind of agree. I think oberyn being champion will be a huge swerve for her and tywin

Definitely.

There's the off chance that Tywin is happy about it though, it could get him off the Lannisters back and Tyrion dead at the same time if the mountain wins. So much that I have a feeling there's going to be something unfair about the fight, to help favor Gregor.

Nameless

Jorah isnt even in the friendzone. He's in like, the Friend Negative Dimension. The only way it could get lower for him is if he had to get Daario a towel to wipe off the sweat after giving Dany that good stroke.

I'm sad for the man.

Haha, at this point he'd surely welcome the cuckhold role.

ding ding ding

Plus he's feared for a reason, he's not the type of person anyone really wants to fight if they can help it.

I'm sure Jaime even with his hand would have a lot of difficulty going against the Mountain.

No.

Jamie in his prime would of just sliced the Mountains legs up or something and been on his way. Too good of a fighter to lose to a behemoth like the Mountain.

I think the same with Oberyn if he indeed does fight for Tyrion which is looking obvious. He is fast, and is supposed to be one of the best fighters in the world right? They have had mention of his abilities since being introduced. Something tells me Oberyn is going to F up the Mountain and make a show of it in the process. Will be glorious to watch!

Arya and the Hound. What a combination those 2 are man. Some f'in great scenes throughout this whole season. Arya is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters in this story. You can tell she is holding onto her honorable roots, but has been tossed feet first into the cold abyss which is this world and is slowly learning how to crawl her way out of it and learn how to survive. She has seen horrible shit after horrible shit ever since the start of all this horrible shit and it has turned her into a realist. She is going to be F'in dangerous if she ever gets the training she seems to desire.

Really good scenes throughout this episode. Brienne is now heading for the Eyrie and that is going to be very interesting indeed. I wonder if they will get attacked on the road again? Brienne needs to show off that sword and her abilities again. Watching her take down Jamie was funny as hell.

Oh and this was actually an enjoyable sequence with Dany! It has been all season since one of those occured. She looked stunning, acted like a queen and didn't overact too much. Her taking that dude to bed though was a bit sudden and odd. And this is the first time she has messed around with someone since season 1 yeah? Seems she is taking to being a queen with some pleasure.

She is so going to die lol. I mean ... in this world, in this story. She seems to obvious to be the one who should be on the Iron Throne. I hope it happens myself, but I just don't see this story ending in an obvious way.

KHarvey16

I really appreciate when things remain "predictable" in the sense you can reason into what's going to happen. Lysa being killed and Oberyn wanting to fight the Mountain are both things that make complete sense and I love that the story cares about that.

Isn't this literally what Oberyn tells Tyrion in this episode?

Yeah, I caught that. But even still, Tywin knows what's going on here. He should have been able to stop her from choosing the Mountain. Why would he let that happen when it's not on his terms? If Oberyn beats the mountain, all of Tywin's plans go to shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom