• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great episode as always. The next episodes will be very interesting indeed, too bad about the who two week thing.

It was awesome when Arya asked for that guy's name and then proceeded to kill him afterwards. Seeing Arya starting to bond with the Hound more and actually showing him kindness was also nice to see. I cannot wait to see what happens when they reach the Vale considering the recent turn of events.

It was nice to see Hot Pie (that is his nickname right?) again, it shows you they don't just forget about all the various side characters. Now Brienne and Pod are also looking to be heading to the Vale. The Vale looks like it is going to be a very interesting setting in the next several episodes and in Season 5. Things are going to get very interesting there.

I cannot help but laugh at Jorah's misfortune. He is never going to touch Daenarys no matter how bad he wants to. It was also nice seeing Daenerys actually learning that her black and white mentality is not always smart and it is indeed important to listen to her advisers. I was so sure they would show her doubling down on her bloodthirstiness to show off that she is succumbing to the whole Targayen madness but the show keeps proving me wrong. They might still do that later though.

Put me in the camp that does not really blame Bronn for what he did. He is right in that there is very little chance he would survive against the Mountain. He may be able to have outsmarted the armored guy while being Tyrion's champion, but the Mountain is far stronger and more experienced. Nothing really good with come with both Bronn and Tyrion dying. Also, I figured it would be Oberyn vs the Mountain as I doubt they would have just brought Oberyn into the show and mentioned his antagonism towards the Lannisters and the Mountain for no reason. I am excited to see where else his vengeance takes him, as he said taking down the Mountain was his first step in taking revenge, assuming that he lives. I have a feeling this is going to be the downfall of Tywin.

I saw Littlefinger tossing Lysa down the moon door coming ever since he first came to the Vale. He still wanted Sansa and Lysa was also too unstable to actually be his pawn. Not to mention they were alluding to that moon door for a while, it was going to be put to use at some point. Plus, whenever Littlefinger claims to be behind someone, you know he is bullshitting. Now he will have control over the Vale. I do wonder though what will happen to Robin now that Lysa is out of the picture. I am very curious to see what story Littlefinger will concoct to explain Lysa's disappearance/death.

Poor Jorah...

I really don't like the new Daario. If it was the old one i'd be ok with them boning, but the new one? Nope. Hope he gets his head chopped when they go free some slaves, this actor sucks balls.

I also feel the same way about the new Daario. The old one was much cooler and a sort of Arnold thing going for him. The new one is generic dark hair dude. Having two different actors play the same character will be one of the few blemishes of this show.

This show is so quality, its so great. It's tied with Hannibal for best show on TV right now.

Of the shows that I watch which include Mad Men, Justify, House of Cards, Orange is The New Black, I believe that Game of Thrones is the better show of all of them IMO. I haven't been this entertained since Breaking Bad ended.

Blader

I think the new Daario actor is fine, but it is a little odd how they recast the role with somebody who doesn't look or sound remotely like the original.

iNvid02

"shes in a good mood"

C8WdIpf.jpg

the wait was going to be brutal anyway, but with the showdown coming up, and seeing what happens at the eyrie now, god damn it.

Yeah everyone headed for the Vale with the backstabbing bitch Littlefinger at the helm. That should all go over well. This does mean that Littlefinger is lord of the Vale though right? And he has Sansa there, heir to the North. Yup, he knows how to play the game alright.

Brienne, Arya, Sansa, the Hound all in the Vale at once with Littlefinger there to manipulate everything? * wipes sweat off brow *

Pepiope

Knowing GoT......Mountain might win and we'll all be throwing stuff at our TVs in 2 weeks
Yep. He can't win. Tyrion and Obryn are big parts of the show now, but we all remember the Red Wedding.

I've always felt that the Hound was going to kill the Mountain. I would still love to see that fight, but not like this. :(

In the preview it looks like Sansa is going to lie on behalf of Littile Finger when questioned about what happened. All going according to plan.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Of the shows that I watch which include Mad Men, Justify, House of Cards, Orange is The New Black, I believe that Game of Thrones is the better show of all of them IMO. I haven't been this entertained since Breaking Bad ended.

That's a nice list but you need to add Hannibal to it. 2nd season about to wrap up, nice time for blu rays.

kaskade

I'm happy the prince is fighting for Tyrion. I can't remember his actual name. I get scared looking up stuff like that since wikis usually have spoilers.

Is there a TV show wiki that keeps away book spoilers?

RS4-

Well, while I was watching, I told myself that the only thing that could ruin the ep was Gollum showing up.

And she did. Then she flew. Phew.

Good ep, season too short.

With no episode next week, I might do a marathon of the first seven episodes of the season to get ready for the final three and to see if there's anything I missed on first watch.

But Petyr Baelish...

hansen_story.jpg

Have a seat, sir.

I'm happy the prince is fighting for Tyrion. I can't remember his actual name. I get scared looking up stuff like that since wikis usually have spoilers.

The HBO wiki. Just make sure its the HBO one and not the book.

I hope that bite doesn't end up being serious. Khal Drogo died from an infected scratch and that bite looks much worse.

I had this same thought when they started talking about it festering. Thought to myself ... " no way they do that twice "

Would f'in suck for 2 badasses to die from such dumb shit. But Arya took care of it so he is fine.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

If you just want to know the names of people then check the OP of this thread.

oS54BD1.jpg

Cast
The cast of Season 4 will be without a few of our beloved members (RIP), but not to fret, it’s still the largest cast on TV and there will be a handful of new cast members joining the fray this season. HBO’s cast page.

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish)
96bnJpd.jpg
zPmPngb.jpg
HTvTWMM.jpg
YNXTkUk.jpg
ISMfTmO.jpg
xdozN3i.jpg

Jack Gleeson (Joffrey Baratheon), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Diana Rigg (Lady Olenna Tyrell), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark)
nVT7zZz.jpg
MQioG1Q.jpg
DfBVsCq.jpg
YXFvK9V.jpg
E0Mjhdt.jpg
0U3waZg.jpg

Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), Jerome Flynn (Bronn), Conleth Hill (Varys), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne of Tarth), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth)
axvfQQK.jpg
4FsyaRI.jpg
2B1PI2E.jpg
6Zz9sjt.jpg
QBi5Ncz.jpg
uqlikRS.jpg

Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon), Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell), Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane), Sibel Kekilli (Shae), Rose Leslie (Ygritte)
kzHTXtb.jpg
pkBEbR8.jpg
WYfcf6Z.jpg
fAWWgCu.jpg
j0SLPbG.jpg
K6FabkC.jpg

Rory McCann (Sandor “The Hound” Clegane), Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow), Carice van Houten (Melisandre), Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed)
35LgKgJ.jpg
d3XrfRX.jpg
5Ix2Z91.jpg
GAYF6xt.jpg
KJYHyKl.jpg
EOynR5x.jpg

Nathalie Emannuel (Missandei), Ciarán Hinds (Mance Rayder), Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell), Ellie Kendrick (Meera Reed), Kristian Nairn (Hodor), Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy)
l2eIS8K.jpg
bFLp0lo.jpg
EZ2gLn1.jpg
PqKybAc.jpg
IjTPcF3.jpg
fjBGkMJ.jpg

Pedro Pascal (Oberyn Martell), Indira Varma (Ellaria Sand), Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Mace Tyrell), Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis), Yuri Kolokolnikiv (Styr), Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (Ser Gregor Clegane)
e1D0r87.jpg
uSl7KqQ.jpg
GX7EUsG.jpg
LECbSev.jpg
b9x9I6i.jpg
lg3EUOZ.jpg

inm8num2

Littlefinger continues to amaze and horrify.

Oberyn...damn, that guy is awesome. Can't blame Bronn for not fighting, but I disagreed with his comment about Tyrion never risking his life for Bronn. They were friends, but the relationship was never reciprocal in that regard. Bronn fought, Tyrion paid.

I would of much rather seen Sansa toss that crazy bitch down the hole myself.

Eventually Sansa has to snap. I mean. It has to happen. She is a Northerner. They are not supposed to put up with this much shit. Arya is taking matters into her own hands, Sansa needs to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom