• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

I've been expecting Lysa to die ever since they made the moon door a prominent topic a few weeks ago and then right before tonight's scene, it was once again brought up and I couldn't see Sansa being the one to die. Now LF has both the key to the Vale and the key to the North in his possession and I'm sure he'd be happy to outsmart Roose Bolton to get the North under his control as well. He's playing the long, long, long game.

Looks like I was even right on LF's motivations even though that's just what he'll tell Sansa and there's obviously more to it, but I did say he would seek revenge for Catelyn's death regardless of how she felt about him.

Arya and The Hound scenes once again prove to be some of my favorites. Once that guy told them his name, you knew he was fucked.

This damn show. Too bad I have two weeks to speculate now so I hope you all don't get annoyed with me if I mention the White Walkers again. :D

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Another great episode. This season is absolutely killing it.

I'm just so happy that now there's someone from the ~main crew~ other than The Hound that knows Arya is still alive. It's been almost three seasons, for crying out loud. Besides, Brienne + Arya is a match made in heavens.

rando14

Four seasons for Sansa to show a little backbone. I still hope she dies.

ibtQYqSETLRlZN.gif

I would of much rather seen Sansa toss that crazy bitch down the hole myself.

Eventually Sansa has to snap. I mean. It has to happen. She is a Northerner. They are not supposed to put up with this much shit. Arya is taking matters into her own hands, Sansa needs to step up.
The bitch slap is only the first step.

WINTER IS COMING

Interesting turn of events that occurred in this episode. Fuck Bronn really? Oberyn Martell being the champion for Tyrion is interesting. The story he told of Cersei to Tyrion was amazing, and the emotions conveyed by Peter Dinklage was amazing.
Finally someone important knows about Arya being alive, Brienne and Podrick.
Damn, Baelish really killed her, at least the moon door finally killed a relevant character.

Lamel

Banned
That scene with Arya and the Hound, when he got all emotional, was excellent.

Also, I can't wait for Oberyn to fuck up the Mountain. He is out for blood.

bender

What time is it?
Bronn is just being Bronn. Too obvious of a choice anyhow. I wanted Jamie as the ultimate "fuck you" to Tywin and Cersei. At least it was brought up during the episode.

Have we seen him fight yet?
We saw him stab a dude's hand without flinching. We've seen him make at least 3 speeches about how The Mountain raped and cleaved his sister. Obey's got dis.

Brazil said:
Don't get me wrong. I don't want him to die. But he's raising way too many death flags.
I dunno, I've thought Cersei's been useless and moping around for two seasons now and she's still living.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I dunno, I've thought Cersei's been useless and moping around for two seasons now and she's still living.

Cersei has to suffer more before being slaughtered. She'll watch her lover die because of her own angst while she's mad at him. Myrcella needs to be maimed and Tommen thrown to the sharks, too.

reggie

Banned
Wow, an actual good episode for once. Oberyn and Tyrions talk being the highlight, a good example of why you DON"T NEED TO YELL AND BE OVER THE TOP (aka over-acting) like last weeks episode to be entertaining.

Jon Snow and Khaleesi are as boring as always, but whatever, you put up with them to get to the good parts.

Klocker

I think the new Daario actor is fine, but it is a little odd how they recast the role with somebody who doesn't look or sound remotely like the original.

I like him better.... thought the original looked like a douche

This was a great episode. Loved all the dialogue and Oberon scene with Tyrion was worth the wait

Flo_Evans

Holy shit littlefinger is the emperor trying to turn Sansa to the dark side. You can already see she was just like ok whatevas when that little brat was talking about throwing people out the moon door. At least he is not mutilating cats like my last husband! Wonder what they are going to do him... Ugh probably some more reek style depravity.

John keeps getting punked
Sansa turning evil
Arya is an assassin

No bran this episode, the only Stark who is not fucked up yet. Well he did make Hordor snap that dudes neck but that was self defense.

Lots of awesome foreshadowing this episode. Bronn talking about women talking a fall.

I think Obyren's penis squeezing story may revel his plan to take down the mountain. Also what a nice story to tell someone who thinks they are about to die. Oh you hated your sister before? I think Tyrion is pissed enough to start murdering, which is awesome.

Question: why is Jamie so reluctant to give Tywin a heir? I guess his kid is technically on the throne already but just about everyone knows he is a bastard and not a true king. Why did he join the kingsguard originally?

Vire

I have found a few episodes of GOT's to be boring before.

This is the first that I found pointless.
How on earth was it pointless? The scene between Bronn/Tyrion was fantastic as well as the one with Oberyn. (Tyrion now has a champion) Littlefinger pretty much revealed his true motives and killed his wife Lysa...

Were you watching the same show?

Joke post? Has to be a joke post. Must be. Can't fathom the alternative

But a lot of story progression happened this episode. I can understand you not liking it, but pointless it isn't.

The only plot significance that I personally felt was important was revealing the champion.

Not significant enough for a GoT's episode imo.

Maybe I just didn't care enough about the other plotlines that they showed in this episode..... idk.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Ahhhhhhh Little Finger you crazy bastard! Awesome. Definitely saw that coming. Disappointed the trial wasn't this week but ok. Arya "we got a badass here" Stark and the Hound were awesome as always (and kinda sweet). Happy for Bronn.

That little asshole though. Are they gonna make him fly too?

I wonder if he really killed Joffrey because of Cat getting killed at the red wedding. I guess that wasn't a total lie.

It's a half-truth, I believe. He killed Joffrey because he loved Cat, yes, but also because it serves his purpose of playing the game of thrones.

I've never seen hannibal it can wait, and it's not possible to be in the same playing field as GOT.

It absolutely is. Watch it.

I have to say, I had already warmed up to Littlefinger this season, but he just got shot up my list of favorite characters. And Oberyn has as well. They are both up there with Arya; but she's still number 1. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom