• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

let us not forget the real star of the show

pie.png

If this is still in one piece by the time it makes it to Arya then it will be too much for my suspension of disbelief with this show to handle.

demolitio

Melisandre's scene once again makes me think to the religious aspect of the show and I really hope we get answers soon. I think we're pretty close to seeing Stannis invading King's Landing again and finally becoming king which will be interesting to see if he keeps to his honor or will be influenced by Melisandre (once again similar to real history with the Vatican and other religious figures).

Speaking of which, do you guys think we'll see the Brotherhood Without Banners again? They really built up some of those characters just to never see them again and I kind of liked them despite the Lord of Light shit. They better come back, flaming swords and all.

Sendero

A wild hot pie appears!
Arya "we got a badass here" Stark
Damn jorah about to make a GAF thread
Is there an extended cut where little finger twirls his mustache and says some more things out of the side of his mouth?
Love you GAF, never change.

But woha, the chapter was full packed of revelations!

1. Turns out I was wrong: Tyrion is less idealistic that I assumed. Which is fine, because Oberyn's speech had a much larger impact.

2. Arya is learning everything from everyone: Syrio, Jaqen, Tywin, the archer from the Brotherhood and now the Hound. She and him really do deserve their own series.

3. Oh Jorah.. I didn't cringe when he noticed Daario, as much as when I saw him all smiles&happiness for that bit of recognition that Danny gave to him. I mean.. seriously, with just that?

It hurts more, because this new Daario is physically just a younger version of him. You should have go for Melissandei!!

4. Wonder if fan girls will turn against Danny now. I totally didn't expect that.

5. Men, that Cercei's story. Tyrion didn't deserve to hear that. I think that even after all this, he still had a bit of love for her sister. Urgh.

6. The new Mountain actor has the right body, but he is too baby-faced/clean. Not menacing at all.
And unless something odd happens, Oberyn will win. Why? He has traveled the whole world and is quite familiar with the Unsullied. He spent 5 years there, must have learned a lot.

7. Stannis. Will you go for King's landing or will Melissandre will ragdoll you to aid The Wall?

Bronn being Bronn. Can't fault his logic!

Madrin

Helllllllllllllllllll yes!! So glad she's dead! This has really been the season of retribution. Joffrey is dead, the ex-crows at Craster's Keep are dead, Lysa is dead. Finally some goddamn justice for bad people after 3 seasons of good characters getting screwed over. It makes me extra excited for the Oberyn vs. The Mountain fight.

Oh and that scene between Tyrion and Oberyn was fantastic. Oberyn has quickly become one of my favorite characters

Derwind

Arya and the Hound are looking like a better pair.

Arya: I can't kill him, don't know his name

Hound: Whats your name.

Man: Rorge

*stabs*

Arya: Thank you.

Assorted gifs, memeologies, and pics:

d-rooooooooop.gif

(Perfect banned.gif whenever we are free to use it)

All it needs is Bish's avy on Baelish's body.

Lamel

Banned
I obviously want Oberyn to win...but this season has been too good already for the "good guys." Is this going to be the "what the fuck" moment of this season? Oberyn dies and then Tyrion dies. That would kill me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I fucking knew that Little Finger was throwing someone out that window. I wonder how the rest of the castle is going to take the news?

I can't blame Bronn for what he did. Sure they're friends, but it's the goddamn Mountain and he'd be turning down a lordship. All the same, in his own way, he tried to look for an excuse. He asked Tyrion for a better offer or if he had done something similar for him. If Tyrion had been able to give him something, anything, concrete I think he would have done it. I think they both know that.

Dany finally listened to someone, hooray! She's learning, slowly. Give her another season or two at this rate and she'll be a good ruler.

Nah Double K.O!

Then Tyrion charges the stage and chops Cersi's heads off.

I just made that up don't worry I'm 99.9999% sure it's not going to happen.

I can see this, except for the last part.

fallagin

Oh, it was so obvious what was going to happen at the end. Sooo good though, hahahahahah. Also, Tyrion is basically saved(well at least his chances are better). Favorite episode in the whole series so far. Smiling ear to ear right now.

Am I the only one that wanted Sansa to fall off the moondoor too?

Basically can we ethnically cleanse the whole Eyrie by throwing them off the moondoor?

#tymartin

Wr9keX1.jpg

DarkKyo

Blasphemy!

Don't disrespect hot pies skills. His culinary feats are more legendary than the dragons of yore.

Haha I was more so talking about being wrapped in cloth and stuffed into the traveling bag of a certain female warrior and her clumsy squire while they get into all sorts of crazy situations and battles...

I knew Peter will say your sister and push her down when peter showed up. She is a nut job.

Hell yeah Oberyrn.

I really liked how Jorah convinced Daenerys not to kill them. At least she listens from time to time.

rjc571

Banned
Can someone post screen caps of The Mountain from seasons 1 and 2? After figuring out that the giant ginger dude hacking up prisoners was The Mountain, I realized that I have no memory of what the character used to look like. I'd look myself but I'm too scared of spoilers to even submit a google query with the word "mountain" in it.

3. Oh Jorah.. I didn't cringe when he noticed Daario, as much as when I saw him all smiles&happiness for that bit of recognition that Danny gave to him. I mean.. seriously, with just that?

5. Men, that Cercei's story. Tyrion didn't deserve to hear that. I think that even after all this, he still had a bit of love for her sister. Urgh.

Yeah, that part with Jorah, haha. Reminded me of Stu from The Hangover. "And if you must know; he didn't even cum inside her.”

I don't think Oberyn told him at all to hurt him, I think he told him because he wanted him to know how he perceives the Lannisters and that he knew from the get go that this trial was nothing but a joke and like Tyrion said in his speech, on trial for being a dwarf. I saw it more of a, this family you've got is a piece of shit, i'll help you.

Women in charge.

Fans of Game of Thrones and Orphan Black will understand the connection and/or similarities in this weekends episode.

Yes Oberyn, yes! Do it for Tyrion.

I was waiting for that punk kid to throw a fit over the snow castle. Good for Sansa sticking up for herself and Baelish, you sly fox.

BTW, if you like Carice van Houten, go watch Zwartboek.

Oberyn in two weeks
kilik.png

My favorite.

HoodWinked

fuck i cant believe i didnt think that prince oberyn would be tyrion's champion. it was all there his sudden appearance, his hatred for the mountain.

lol also i didnt expect that ending, i knew he was going to say she only loved catelyn stark tho.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can someone post screen caps of The Mountain from seasons 1 and 2? After figuring out that the giant ginger dude hacking up prisoners was The Mountain, I realized that I have no memory of what the character used to look like. I'd look myself but I'm too scared of spoilers to even submit a google query with the word "mountain" in it.
Season 1 - Conan Stevens

I4uc1tC.jpg

Season 2 - Ian Whyte

pXT5X16.jpg

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Edit: ^^^ I knoooow but that's why I don't read the ep descriptions! I don't mind lol

Yeah I like either old Mountain, this new guy looks nothing like the Hound. Kinda weird

Superflat

Arya and the Hound scenes in this episode was pretty sweet. Cold blooded murder followed by tending to the wound of someone she swears to kill one day. Makes me feel all warm inside.

HOT PIE!!! Glorious Hot Pie. Loved seeing him again. I want some dire wolf shaped cookies.

The previous actor for The Mountain looked much more menacing, but the sheer physicality of the new one is impressive.

That red fire woman needs to die. I tend to hate self-righteous religious leaders in TV shows and she bothers me to no end. Plus, she has baby nipples.

I knew crazy aunt Lysa had to be disposed of eventually, but I didn't expect it to happen to soon. All for the better! Sansa might have seen the most crazy shit happen out of everyone at this point, while remaining practically unscathed.

Madrin

Knowing GoT......Mountain might win and we'll all be throwing stuff at our TVs in 2 weeks

Nah, it wouldn't make sense to have Oberyn enter the show with a huge vendetta against the Lannisters/Gregor only to be killed off before he can make his mark. My guess is Oberyn is going to kill Gregor but still end up dying himself, either from battle wounds or from Cersei pulling some evil shit after the battle is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom