• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

I'm preparing for Tyrion to die. I'm not going to being blindsided by his death like I was for Robb and Cat's.

On a side note, The Hound wanted to kill The Mountain since Season 1. They even fought briefly after The Hound saved Ser Loras. What was the point of showing that if he isn't going to get revenge? Smells fishy.

Like with the Red Wedding, GRRM and the show give you hope of a future plotline, before brutally cutting it off. Robb had a trajectory, he had a plan mapped out for his future. He was going to get his army and the Freys to march on King's Landing. He was going to overthrow the Lannisters, weakened by their fight with Stannis, and have a child and heir with Talisa. That was his narrative and he was going to be successful.

I thought they were going to take Casterly Rock?

LakeEarth

Anyone else make the Louis CK connection to what happened to Lysa? Straight from 2010 Hilarious special:
I don't know this Lisa cunt, but she ain't that funny. There's just no way....
Fuck her. Seriously. I hope she's dead. I really do. I hate her. I hope she died today. Weirdly and horribly. I hope the person she loved most pushed her off a cliff, and she was just falling and screaming the whole way down, never accepting it...

Yeah, I'm prepared for the next episode to be a total emotional rollercoaster. I think Oberyn will beat the Mountain, and it will be an awesome battle. But with all the slow wind going on with Stannis' plot, and Melisandre's conversation with Selyse... I'm half expecting Stannis to bust in un-announced with an army of mercenaries and start indiscriminately slaughtering everyone in sight. But only after Oberyn's triumphant victory over the Mountain. Because that will be the point most people will stop being prepared to lose a favorite character.

Volimar

Didn't Sansa say that Littlefinger betrayed her father when he first came to her?

I really hope she lets him get super close and then she slits his throat.

Ovid

Yeah, I'm prepared for the next episode to be a total emotional rollercoaster. I think Oberyn will beat the Mountain, and it will be an awesome battle. But with all the slow wind going on with Stannis' plot, and Melisandre's conversation with Selyse... I'm half expecting Stannis to bust in un-announced with an army of mercenaries and start indiscriminately slaughtering everyone in sight. But only after Oberyn's triumphant victory over the Mountain. Because that will be the point most people will stop being prepared to lose a favorite character.
Shit, the season tag line, "All men must die" could mean be this. Stannis coming in unannounced and just slaughtering everyone.

Is there a 2 week wait for the next episode on HBO or just Sky?
Everyone.

Wow @ those reactions. That episode was tough to swallow. It made me realize that I was watching one of the best shows ever created.

Television never gets me emotional.

Oh dude... I didn't even think about the season tag line tying into that. It was only a thought bouncing in my head before, but you just made it seem that much more plausible. I can just see him busting through some big ass doors right now, turns to a mercenary captain "All men must die!" and continues to tear the place up like a boss.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It would make sense for Stannis to rally the north around him first then take King's Landing, but then again it's seems blackwater bay is a pretty good place to launch an attack from considering most of his force got wiped out and he still took the beach and breached the walls.

I could watch through a lot but if this show ever lost all the Lannisters it would be a huge blow. They are a very entertaining bunch of characters and kings landing has been my fav story arch so far.

Ovid

It would make sense for Stannis to rally the north around him first then take King's Landing, but then again it's seems blackwater bay is a pretty good place to launch an attack from considering most of his force got wiped out and he still took the beach and breached the walls.
Blackwater Bay again? I don't see it happening unless he uses a two pronged approach. Like you said he would have to rally the north. But how? Payouts?

Plus launching an attack from the water would make a surprise attack easier to pull off. If huge armies were marching up and down Westeros, it would be impossible not to give Kings Landing lots of time and warning to fortify their defenses.

Blackwater Bay again? I don't see it happening unless he uses a two pronged approach. Like you said he would have to rally the north. But how? Payouts?

"Remember those bolton assholes? Here're their skulls. You're welcome, northmen."

There's no way men that violent have zero internal enemies. Even if most living people are currently fine with them its gotta only be a matter of time before they piss off somebody.

inm8num2

I want Oberyn to save Tyrion like Plissken did in Escape from LA.

Crossbows all around the court.

Tywin: "Two hoops, full court. Ten-second shot clock. Miss a shot, you get shot. Shot clock buzzer goes off before you shoot, you get shot. Two points for a basket, no three-point bullshit. All you gotta do is get ten points. That's it... By the way, nobody's ever walked off that court alive. Nobody."

That would be 100x better! :D

Westraid

RepulsiveEarnestDunnart.gif

I'm more looking forward to seeing Robyn's tantrums than to the fight between the Mountain and Oberyn.

MVP this week is a tough fucking call between Arya, Oberon and Littlefinger. Got damn.

Now for Sansa to take down that little shit of a heir. If Arya can stab a fool, so can her sister!

CLEEK

This really bugged me. It looked terrible. In real life, the human body flails around its limbs as it attempts to gain balance and find equilibrium (it's why skydiving training is required before the first jump, otherwise you'd just wiggle around and freak out). She just fell straight back. At least use a stuntperson and CGI the actress' face on her.

dick-jones.jpg

Oberyn vs The Mountain, place your bets, people!
I still don't like that much the new Daario Naharis and it's even worse now he dared to touch beautiful Khaleesi.

Next Sunday is going to be...well, just Sunday again.

CLEEK

I'm so conflicted about Oberyn.

I mean, there is so much to like. He's charismatic, interesting, dangerous, and politically savvy. But on the other hand, he has the beard of a wanker. If life has taught me one thing, it's men with micro managed sculpted beards are always utter twats.

Chopper

Great episode.

Did Daario actually fuck Dany? I'm not convinced he did.

Bronn and Tyrion made my eyes leak.

So did Oberyn and Tyrion.

Arya is a fucking boss. There's no way she's killing the Hound.

Baelish is becoming one of my favourite characters. So pleased Lysa is out of the equation. That little titty-sucking cunt has to go next.

I'm totally torn on the trial's outcome. I will mark the fuck out for Oberyn slicing up The Mountain, but part of me thinks that the money is in a Hound/Mountain grudge match somewhere down the line. But I don't want to see Oberyn and Tyrion die in the same episode! I'm not sure my heart could stand it.

Just caught up with the episode. Whose titty is Robyn gonna have to suck now.

Anyway the biggest move in the episode was Oberyn offering to be the champ. Fuck Bronn. That man whore. I hope he gets what's coming. I know GRRM likes to throw curveballs, so people are probably expecting Oberyn to die because nothing is all rainbows and unicorns in GRRM's world. I think this is true to a certain extent and bad guys usually do win in Game of Thrones, but Oberyn has been planning to kill Mountain for a looong time. It would be dumb to just die like an idiot.

Either way, I'm expecting Twyin to put a kibosh on the outcome in one way or another.

Note that preview & trailer content needs to be spoiler tagged. This also means no gifs from things that haven't aired on the show yet. Thanks.

The Mountain will probably fall. Let's be honest, there's not a lot you can do with a character like that, this is really the obvious conclusion of his tenure on the show. Oberon has a lot more going for him.

Angry Fork

I'm preparing for Tyrion to die. I'm not going to being blindsided by his death like I was for Robb and Cat's.

On a side note, The Hound wanted to kill The Mountain since Season 1. They even fought briefly after The Hound saved Ser Loras. What was the point of showing that if he isn't going to get revenge? Smells fishy.

I agree that I always thought it seemed right for Hound to take out the mountain rather than anyone else, but with this show you never know.

As for Tyrion dying, GRRM has said it's his favorite character, so I like to think it would be too emotional to kill him off and he doesn't, but he does like to break hearts so idk. If Tyrion is killed the show would lose massive appeal to me, he is so important to all of the Lannister scenes, the entire family becomes less interesting without him.

Blader

I think Tyrion is making it to the end. He's basically the show encapsulated into one character. He can play the game, not very well but not poorly either. He's doesn't wield power openly like Ned or Joffrey or Robb and isn't controlling everything behind-the-scenes like Littlefinger, who is obviously going to get bitten in the ass big time at some point.

Hard to articulate, but there's enough of a target on Tyrion that you don't think he's invincible but it's not big enough to warrant enough attention from the power players. I think he's in the perfect middle ground of the show's politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom