• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just learn like a month ago that House of Targaryen originated from Valyria which is in Essos.

So I find it kind of funny that Dany is dead set on reclaiming her throne in Westeroes when in reality her family isn't even from Westeroes. Child please... your family invaded the 7 kingdoms took the throne for a few years then got overthrown. GO HOME it's not your throne anymore.

Is this the end of Tyribronn? I loved their scene. Really showed that Bronn had become more than just a sellsword to Tyrion. Sure, he could have gotten all the land and castles and women that Tyrion could buy, but none of that means anything if you're dead.

Well, the HBO Inside the Episode responds that question. Thoroughly.

Damn, we didn't even get a short makeout? Maybe it got left on the cutting room floor.

Or maybe the writers were putting us in Jorah's boots, leaving us with only a half-shirted Daario exiting the queen's chambers. Because it's always worse in your imagination.

Mr.Mike

I just learn like a month ago that House of Targaryen originated from Valyria which is in Essos.

So I find it kind of funny that Dany is dead set on reclaiming her throne in Westeroes when in reality her family isn't even from Westeroes. Child please... your family invaded the 7 kingdoms took the throne for a few years then got overthrown. GO HOME it's not your throne anymore.

I think that targareyens ruled Westeros for quite a few years, especially considering the dragon skeletons in Kings Landing (which they built)

But yea, a lot of the cities in the East seem much more built up than Westeros. Just rule that. ( Or both)

Showaddy

Remember that woman putting magic resistant tattoos on a guy back in season 2 because he had to sail past Old Valyria? Place is a massive smoking ruin.

haha

There is some confusion over the titles in the show though.

Ned Stark is ruler of the north (not sure if he was called king of the north), Rob called himself King of the North, yet Sansa has always been called Lady Sansa and never Princess Sansa.

There are seven kingdoms in Westeros but with one king over all of them???? Doesnt that mean there is only one kingdom, so the others aren't kingdoms, so why is Oberyon called Prince Oberyon???

Looking forward to the showdown between Oberyon and The Mountain.

I suspect Oberyon will be too quick for The Mountain and given his name of viper and what others have said in this thread, he will poisin The Mountain during the fight.

Kinda like how there were the kingdoms of England and Scotland but only one king, and then there's the Prince of Wales but no King of Wales...

I think the Targeryons ruled for hundreds of years and Dany was born in Westeros, so her home is in Westeros.

However, given what they have shown of Qaarth, Mereen and Bravos, Essos is far richer and more cultured than Westeros and there is no white-walker problem there (unless those zombies can swim?).

So as I said earlier, she practically rules half of Essos already so may as well just stay there and start a dynasty with D'aario.

Kinda like how there were the kingdoms of England and Scotland but only one king, and then there's the Prince of Wales but no King of Wales...

Not quite the same. The prince of wales is a reserved titled for the son and heir-aparent of the Kingdom of England, Wales and Scotland.

Oberyon is not son of the King of Westeros.

I think that targareyens ruled Westeros for quite a few years, especially considering the dragon skeletons in Kings Landing (which they built)

But yea, a lot of the cities in the East seem much more built up than Westeros. Just rule that. ( Or both)

Remember that woman putting magic resistant tattoos on a guy back in season 2 because he had to sail past Old Valyria? Place is a massive smoking ruin.

I think the Targeryons ruled for hundreds of years and Dany was born in Westeros, so her home is in Westeros.

However, given what they have shown of Qaarth, Mereen and Bravos, Essos is far richer and more cultured than Westeros and there is no white-walker problem there (unless those zombies can swim?).

So as I said earlier, she practically rules half of Essos already so may as well just stay there and start a dynasty with D'aario.

I see... but still I agree with chicko. She can just take the wealth of Qaarth, Mereen, Yunkai, and Astapor and rebuild her original home of Valyria. Then when she has all that powery she can go to Bravvos and be like "Yo look I own all of Essos, now gimmie some gold so I can take Westeroes too" You think they turning her down then?

I mean that would do more for the Targeryan legacy imo.

I know.. I'm just comparing random titles.

yeah but that is a good explanation of what I am getting at.

Prince Oberyon must be the son of a king or queen as far as I know about hereditory(hence his title).

So Dorne cannot be under rule by the King of Westeros, just must be some sort of alliance.

Mario007

yeah but that is a good explanation of what I am getting at.

Prince Oberyon must be the son of a king or queen as far as I know about hereditory(hence his title).

So Dorne cannot be under rule by the King of Westeros, just must be some sort of alliance.
Its been said on the show that Dorne was never conquered by the dragons. Their words also point to it. Dorne was brought in after Aegon the conqueror conquered the other six kingdoms. They never surrendered but only aligned themselves with the Targaryan dynasty.

Oh and the Targaryans ruled for around 300 years.

Before you all lose your shit and start shouting book spoilers, this is all stated in the show or the blu ray extras.

Its been said on the show that Dorne was never conquered by the dragons. Their words also point to it. Dorne was brought in after Aegon the conqueror conquered the other six kingdoms. They never surrendered but only aligned themselves with the Targaryan dynasty.

Before you all lose your shit and start shouting book spoilers, this is all stated in the show or the blu ray extras.

So is Dorne independant? Or do they answer to King Tommen?

This is all pre GOT the shows anyways so you can't really spoil anything in the future because it's the past..... DERP.

But it really helps to know some back story. I wonder when the show is over and they need that $$$ will they ever just do the PRE GOT (show) stuff.

So is Dorne independant? Or do they answer to King Tommen?

I'm assuming they have an agreement with Kings landing and what not, and if the North were to come they are going to help, but try to stay as neutral as possible for all other crap (like Stark vs Lannisters etc..).

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Tywin implied that he would be willing to bring the Mountain to Oberyn earlier in the season. If Oberyn defeats the Mountain, that could actually help Tywin seal up an alliance with Dorne. With Tywin's original plan failing, the best outcome for him would probably be Oberyn winning. The Mountain winning would only kill Tyrion, and weaken relationships further with Dorne. I guess you could argue Oberyn dying could be beneficial for Tywin as the removal of a potential threat, but everything seems win win when it comes to Tywin.

It doesn't seem like Oberyn plans on stopping with the Mountain though. The Prince of Dorne has bigger plans than just killing off a lap dog.

Heshinsi

I want to see Jorah punch Daario in his fat mouth.

Jorah is a little bitch though. Dude is old enough to be Dany's father, and yet he is swooning over her like 15 year old virgin. At least Daario is close enough to her age, and isn't some balding, hover hand having, friend zoned, cry baby. Daario wanted Khaleesi pussy. Daario got Khaleesi pussy...twice.

Alpende

Loved the episode. The moment Robin appeared on screen I knew he was gonna destroy Snowy Winterfell. Glad Lysa is a goner too, Petyr is badass. Is his only plan to rule the Eerie/Vale or does he want more?

Seeing Hot Pie again was cool too, I like that dude. Ayra and Hound scenes were great as well. I just hope Oberyn kills the Mountain. You can't really do much with the Mountain charachter wise, Oberyn is far more interesting.

Probably lttp but it just occured to me that Arya probably has that list of names from Jaqen right?

Speevy

Banned
Jorah is a little bitch though. Dude is old enough to be Dany's father, and yet he is swooning over her like 15 year old virgin. At least Daario is close enough to her age, and isn't some balding, hover hand having, friend zoned, cry baby. Daario wanted Khaleesi pussy. Daario got Khaleesi pussy...twice.

I'm pretty sure last night was the first scene in which they were supposed to have had sex.

He's definitely seen her naked before.

Heshinsi

I'm pretty sure last night was the first scene in which they were supposed to have had sex.

He's definitely seen her naked before.

I thought he banged her that night he brought the heads of his buddies. Could have also been the night when Sir Jorah's friend zone status was officially cemented lol

CtEg8CH.gif

I could also not be remembering things right as well :/

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Loved the episode. The moment Robin appeared on screen I knew he was gonna destroy Snowy Winterfell. Glad Lysa is a goner too, Petyr is badass. Is his only plan to rule the Eerie/Vale or does he want more?

Seems like he is maneuvering himself to unify and take control of the North while undermining the power base and wealth of the Lannisters to position himself to take over all of Westeros.

Doesn't seem like he has a plan or leverage to extend an empire beyond that, and in my view hasn't really demonstrated the ambition either even if he generally speaks in grand terms.

He also seems to have forgotten winter is coming.

Peagles

Wonder how crazy the ratings would be without the paywall though. Was with a bunch of people today and mentioned it, most of them talked about how they can't watch it yet. I bet they all would have if it was free to air.

demolitio

7.2 million + 200 million pirates worldwide.

So the real question is: Have the ratings gone up in the amount of pirates? I want to know if it's seen a piracy increase this season or if they're losing pirates so HBO can adjust their show accordingly to retain them.

Amey

aha, i KNEW cersei would pick the mountain.

who is/was the mountain and the hound's father and what is their link to the lannisters?

Their grandfather was Kennelmaster at Casterly Rock at the time of Tywin's father.
-from show's wiki

Seems like he is maneuvering himself to unify and take control of the North while undermining the power base and wealth of the Lannisters to position himself to take over all of Westeros.

Doesn't seem like he has a plan or leverage to extend an empire beyond that, and in my view hasn't really demonstrated the ambition either even if he generally speaks in grand terms.

He also seems to have forgotten winter is coming.

Baelish wants the throne.

Violet_0

Banned
Everybody has.

Ned Stark isn't there to remind them :p

Cersei is just so useless at this point. Literally the only person in Westeros that grieves for Joffrey. Presses Jaime to find and kill Sansa , Jaime sends out Brienne to save her instead and sides with Tyrion during the trial. Unsuccessfully attempts to manipulate Oberyn, then tries to be clever and nominate the Mountain for the trial by combat only to see her plan backfire spectacularly

Dennis

Banned
Ned Stark isn't there to remind them :p

Cersei is just so useless at this point. Literally the only person in Westeros that grieves for Joffrey. Presses Jaime to find and kill Sansa , Jaime sends out Brienne to save her instead and sides with Tyrion during the trial. Unsuccessfully attempts to manipulate Oberyn, then tries to be clever and nominate the Mountain for the trial by combat only to see her plan backfire spectacularly
This had better not be a spoiler on the outcome of that fight.

This had better not be a spoiler on the outcome of that fight.

A theoretically-loyal-to-the-throne region of the seven kingdoms is going to either blatantly ruin Cersei's plans for venting at Tyrion's expense while killing a loyal Lannister supporter, or lose a son and get a reason to be less loyal. I don't think any outcome here is good for anyone except Littlefinger.

does anything happen to cersi if Tyrion wins?

I mean, if he wins then the Gods have determined that he was telling the truth and as such, Cersei was lying.

So can Cersei go to prison or get beheaded or something?

does anything happen to cersi if Tyrion wins?

I mean, if he wins then the Gods have determined that he was telling the truth and as such, Cersei was lying.

So can Cersei go to prison or get beheaded or something?

Don't think so. Lysa didn't get killed when Bronn won that combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom