• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not aware that Littlefinger betrayed Ned best I can tell. But The Hound saw it first hand, and he's on his way to The Vale so there's a good chance she'll find out.

You're right, I thought she was there when all hell broke loose and Littlefinger put a knife to Ned's throat, and I thought Lysa said I killed my husband for you last night. But Sansa wasn't there, and Lysa only said I killed for you. I had to re-watch to double check, lol.

Carbonox

That episode was fucking awesome. Can't wait to see Oberyn go toe to toe with The Mountain and that ending, YESSSS. Moment Peter went up to the aunt, I could hazard a guess that that was where it was gonna go. I genuinely clapped. So happy she's gone. Now for the kid.

No way Sansa will feed him to the wolves, she'll stick by him for the foreseeable future I think.

Paskil

I enjoy this show. I think this is one of the best seasons, if not the best so far. However, the pacing is atrocious. It feels like 10 minutes of each characters life is given and that's it. The dungeon scene with Tyrion and Oberyn was awesome though. I almost shed a tear when he recounted the story of seeing Tyrion as a baby for the first time. And the whole scene was just fantastic. I also find Robert/Robin (Lysa's son) to probably be the creepiest character on the show.

Qurupeke

Great episode. "I only loved one woman. Your sister." Haha it really got me there.

Ser Gregor looks pretty awesome too. I'm not really sure if he's featured more in the books, but he's a pretty much overhyped character that we rarely see. I loved his scene too and I can't wait for his fight.

potam

Banned
God my friend is a dick. I don't remember how many books he's read, but he's generally pretty good about spoilers. But I was just talking to him online about what I thought Jon Snow should do, kind of just talking out of my ass and joking, and then his response was just "welllllll..."

Do people not realize that saying something like that is in and of itself a spoiler?

Vashetti

Banned
You are a legend. Laughing my head off.

Holy shit I just found this after the linked page:

i9t0ihO5GjSfe.gif

Ahahahahaha

God my friend is a dick. I don't remember how many books he's read, but he's generally pretty good about spoilers. But I was just talking to him online about what I thought Jon Snow should do, kind of just talking out of my ass and joking, and then his response was just "welllllll..."

Do people not realize that saying something like that is in and of itself a spoiler?

Seems like the majority of people do not understand what a spoiler actually is.

inm8num2

I didn't hear that conversation, but that response could go either way. It depends on how your friend said, "Wellll..." or what followed that word.

Sometimes people can say, "Well, you're onto something," or say, "Well, that's not going to happen."

Fear not, perhaps you still remain unsullied.

It's going to be a big challenge to not get spoiled in the next two weeks.

aparisi2274

Arya killing that guy who was trying to collect on the hound was bad ass.

Hound: "Aint you gonna kill him?"

Ayra: "Can't, dont know his name!"

Hound: "Whats your name?"

Thief: "George (sorry I dont remember what he said!"

Arya: "Thank You!"

STAB!

Overdoziz

Banned
Oh, season 1.

"I'll never disrespect you again, I'll never be cruel to you again."
-Joffrey to Sansa

Watching the early episodes again after what happened so far in the current season is so great. Especially the scenes with Littlefinger in it are really interesting to watch. He tries to rile up the Starks and the Lannisters against each other any chance he gets and you can see his smirk while he does it.

SeanR1221

Arya killing that guy who was trying to collect on the hound was bad ass.

Hound: "Aint you gonna kill him?"

Ayra: "Can't, dont know his name!"

Hound: "Whats your name?"

Thief: "George (sorry I dont remember what he said!"

Arya: "Thank You!"

STAB!

Thats....not even close to how it went.

UrbanRats

Really fun episode.
Some (unintentional?) hilarious moments, too, in particular:

Sansa's Aunt watching them kiss in the background (felt so soap opera-ish)
Sansa's Aunt getting thrown out the moon door and screaming to her death, was framed in an hilarious way.
Sir Jorah's maximum friendzoning.

Something tells me if Oberyn wins it can't be through simply fighting and nothing else. It's hard to believe anyone can beat the mountain, and this show doesn't seem like the type to do david vs. goliath just to make people feel better (and if they were gonna do that they could just have Tyrion fight for himself). So maybe Oberyn/Tyrion will try to plan something shady to win, hopefully. Tyrion needs to live/win so we can see Tywin and Cersei's reaction.

i agree, not sure if the next episode title should be spoilered but i will anyway:

The Mountain vs The Viper

judging from obeyrn's pseudo-name, and when tywin said he was well learned with poisons, something tells me he's not gonna fight fair, maybe some pre-poisoning or pre-weakening of some sort, maybe gladiator style like with marcus aerellious.

and i loved it when lysa got moon door'd, i bet baelish won't get done for it as well, will probs pay off all the guards at the aerie.

Really fun episode.
Some (unintentional?) hilarious moments, too, in particular:

Sansa's Aunt watching them kiss in the background (felt so soap opera-ish)
Sansa's Aunt getting thrown out the moon door and screaming to her death, was framed in an hilarious way.
Sir Jorah's maximum friendzoning.

This really bugged me. It looked terrible. In real life, the human body flails around its limbs as it attempts to gain balance and find equilibrium (it's why skydiving training is required before the first jump, otherwise you'd just wiggle around and freak out). She just fell straight back. At least use a stuntperson and CGI the actress' face on her.

Speevy

Banned
His physique looked great, he just didn't look like a great swordsman to me.

He's so strong that he seems like he's able to overcome any deficits in fighting ability with sheer brute strength.

I imagine even a shielded warrior would be knocked flat on his ass by a massive greatsword strike.

Nibel

His physique looked great, he just didn't look like a great swordsman to me.

In his defense, I think that's exactly what the producers (and GRRM) are aiming for: a huge dude with a big sword who slashes everything in his path; almost berserk-like, not a elegant swordfighter

I mean he sliced up a horse once :lol and he scares off even Bronn who's pretty good with the sword; the Mountain is supposed to be this clunky, huge mofo

Sendero

I like the spinoff that Lysa performed once she witnessed the kiss.

It was rather graceful
Ha ha, yes noticed that she spinned in the opposite direction. Likely done to attract the viewer's attention.
Heavy staggering effect.
High poise required.
More like high Agility, and full Parry mode. Don't think you want to defend a full hit from him.

And indeed, while Oberyn does not strike as a "cheater" kind of person, he seems very resourceful and attentive observer. So, hopefully he has some ace reserved in case things do not go his way. Because Cercei will likely have some plan B.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

I understand your frustration, but what was he supposed to say? I mean, is there anything he could have said that wouldn't be considered a spoiler? What if he had said, "I'm not saying anything", or made a "my lips are sealed" gesture, or a shrug, or even saying nothing at all whatsoever, all of those could potentially be interpreted as confirming or denying your speculation depending on the reaction or how the conversation went.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't speculate out loud in front of your book-reading friends maybe, because they might just react automatically to it, not on purpose. I remember one time a friend of mine had this really goofy speculation about something (I forgot what, not GoT-related) and I almost burst out laughing because, well, it was funny at how off-base it was. I tried to stifle the laughter but she still noticed my reaction and said "oh, I guess it's not true then". I shrugged and said "not saying anything, you'll find out", but I don't know if that was the appropriate thing to say or if that would be a spoiler in itself. Know what I mean? I didn't mean to laugh on purpose, it just happened.

There are assholes out there but sometimes our reaction to speculation (whether it's true or not) isn't intentional, is what I'm saying. ^^

Heavy staggering effect.
High poise required.
Hahahaha. :D

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh man... so there's speculation that Stannis' daughter might be offered up to the Red God (or whatever)?

Davos won't stand for that shit.

Stannis won't either. That's going to be the spot where he draws the line. I don't seem him as a guy who would have that in him. If that Priestess tries anything like that her days will be numbered.

Stannis won't either. That's going to be the spot where he draws the line. I don't seem him as a guy who would have that in him. If that Priestess tries anything like that her days will be numbered.

She will try and so will his wife. That's when Stannis the Mannis will get serious on both of them.

She will try and so will his wife. That's when Stannis the Mannis will get serious on both of them.

I certainly think we'll see Stannis' wife try something in regards to sacrificing his daughter (and agree that Stannis will not take it well), but Melisandre is smart. There's a reason she was telling Selyse that she would need her help in regards to Stannis' daughter. Melisandre knows (whatever she plans to do with her) its a risky move and doesn't want to be seen directly linked to the act in front of Stannis.

UrbanRats

Please, Oberyn...don't die.

I want him to take out The Mountain like Plissken did to Slag in Escape from NY.

I want Oberyn to save Tyrion like Plissken did in Escape from LA.

Crossbows all around the court.

Tywin: "Two hoops, full court. Ten-second shot clock. Miss a shot, you get shot. Shot clock buzzer goes off before you shoot, you get shot. Two points for a basket, no three-point bullshit. All you gotta do is get ten points. That's it... By the way, nobody's ever walked off that court alive. Nobody."

I'm mentally preparing for the possibility that The Mountain beats and kills Oberyn.

Like with the Red Wedding, GRRM and the show give you hope of a future plotline, before brutally cutting it off. Robb had a trajectory, he had a plan mapped out for his future. He was going to get his army and the Freys to march on King's Landing. He was going to overthrow the Lannisters, weakened by their fight with Stannis, and have a child and heir with Talisa. That was his narrative and he was going to be successful.

Oberyn's narrative is to get revenge for his sister by killing The Mountain and as many Lannisters as he can (apart from Tyrion). It's all mapped out for him, and in our heads that that will succeed. It's conveniently fallen into place that The Mountain becomes Cersei's champion. We have a feeling we know where this is going.

But then it all goes awry and the internet has a meltdown.

I certainly think we'll see Stannis' wife try something in regards to sacrificing his daughter (and agree that Stannis will not take it well), but Melisandre is smart. There's a reason she was telling Selyse that she would need her help in regards to Stannis' daughter. Melisandre knows (whatever she plans to do with her) its a risky move and doesn't want to be seen directly linked to the act in front of Stannis.

That is true. She will probably get the wife to try and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom