• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonogunn

does anything happen to cersi if Tyrion wins?

I mean, if he wins then the Gods have determined that he was telling the truth and as such, Cersei was lying.

So can Cersei go to prison or get beheaded or something?

If your son was murdered and u strongly believed a particular person was responsible but was found innocent by the court, would any punishment come to you?

Amey

I mean, if he wins then the Gods have determined that he was telling the truth and as such, Cersei was lying.

Don't think so. Tyrion won against Catalyn's claim, in Lyssa's court.

GorillaJu

I don't think Cersei would be accused of anything, it's more like "the state vs Tyrion" rather than "Cersei vs Tyrion"

If your son was murdered and u strongly believed a particular person was responsible but was found innocent by the court, would any punishment come to you?

I feel like 90% of gaf posts if this question were posed as its own OT thread would be about vigilante justice.

I am now afraid for Tyrion AFTER the trial....wonder if Cersei would put a hit out on him.

Amey

I think even if Tyrion wins he'll still have to flee from King's Landing, if he wants to truly to survive Cersei's wrath.

Wait.. Something happens IF he wins?? Why would you ask that?

This better not be a spoiler!!!

Well its known what happens if he loses - he is guilty and will be killed for attempted murder of the king.

However, trial by combat is used to settle an argument between two people where there is no evidence but only word of the accused and accuser.

So if tyrion wins, there has to be some repurcussions to Cersei for wrongfully accusing a Lord of murder.

I don't think Cersei would be accused of anything, it's more like "the state vs Tyrion" rather than "Cersei vs Tyrion"

It is Cersei v Tyrion not "the state" v Tyrion.

Cersei was the one who chose the Mountain, not the court.

If it was the state v Tyrion, then no way can a judge, Oberyon, fight for tyrion.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Is it within the rules to answer those questions?
They dont spoil things, ist just Background info.
Most (if not all) the info I would provide is not in the Show.

I just learn like a month ago that House of Targaryen originated from Valyria which is in Essos.

So I find it kind of funny that Dany is dead set on reclaiming her throne in Westeroes when in reality her family isn't even from Westeroes. Child please... your family invaded the 7 kingdoms took the throne for a few years then got overthrown. GO HOME it's not your throne anymore.

Kinda like how there were the kingdoms of England and Scotland but only one king, and then there's the Prince of Wales but no King of Wales...

I see... but still I agree with chicko. She can just take the wealth of Qaarth, Mereen, Yunkai, and Astapor and rebuild her original home of Valyria. Then when she has all that powery she can go to Bravvos and be like "Yo look I own all of Essos, now gimmie some gold so I can take Westeroes too" You think they turning her down then?

I mean that would do more for the Targeryan legacy imo.

Vagabundo

oops

I stand by S2 being the best though.

no no no no no.

S2 was probably the worst season, although it was still really good. The pacing of each episode was terrible, they tried to get in too many scenes per episode and the quality of the show suffered.

S4 is currently the best after season one.

I wonder if we'll ever wind up in the ruins of Valyria for story stuff..... a whole nation getting blasted to bits mysteriously seems like it could be a relevant event if we wind up escalating to fate-of-humanity levels with white walkers.I can't really imagine "army of ice zombies invading, some of which seem sentient" staying at any level less than that.

Kind of crazy that it took me this long to appreciate a bonafide apocalypse hovering in the background of the world. Guess that's why Essos feels so fractured and tribal- the actual national government literally blew up.

edit: also to the guy who answered backstory questions, using info from the books in any way seems to be not ok, but I think all that info was in a dvd extras background featurette, so you may be ok through coincidence?

Khaz

It is Cersei v Tyrion not "the state" v Tyrion.

Cersei was the one who chose the Mountain, not the court.

If it was the state v Tyrion, then no way can a judge, Oberyon, fight for tyrion.

Champions have to declare themselves, they can't be chosen and forced to fight. She was just making sure he would. As the mother of the victim, she is just trying to get the best odds to have justice served.

Oberyn can fight because the trial is done. Now that the fate of both participants are in the hands of the gods, the judges can no longer reach a verdict and were thus dismissed. If it's the gods wish to have an ex-judge fight, then so be it.

Khaz

edit: also to the guy who answered backstory questions, using info from the books in any way seems to be not ok, but I think all that info was in a dvd extras background featurette, so you may be ok through coincidence?

Well both the book and the show use the same lore, the show watchers just don't have an easy access to it. I think it's ok to have it explained or expanded here. The problem is when the show and the book differ, like characters who don't exist in both tellings or who act differently, I don't want anyone spoiling the books to me. Also book readers can't help spoiling things about future episodes, and that can't be tolerated here.

There is also a good chance the show may be ahead of the books for the last few seasons. Book readers would be spoiled by show watchers. Sweet, sweet revenge.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I wonder if we'll ever wind up in the ruins of Valyria for story stuff..... a whole nation getting blasted to bits mysteriously seems like it could be a relevant event if we wind up escalating to fate-of-humanity levels with white walkers.I can't really imagine "army of ice zombies invading, some of which seem sentient" staying at any level less than that.

Kind of crazy that it took me this long to appreciate a bonafide apocalypse hovering in the background of the world. Guess that's why Essos feels so fractured and tribal- the actual national government literally blew up.

Im pretty sure that especially that valyria stuff is on the DVDs.
the other 2 Infos are so minor that I dont think I offended anyone with it. But again, I think the Clegane backstory can also be found on the DVDs.
So i hope im ok :)

MMaRsu

Man, I really didn't want it to be Oberyn v. Mountain. Oberyn is one of the coolest characters on the show, but he's dead meat. The coolest character on the show is the Hound and it's going to be him v. his brother at some point, that would be such a huge moment for the story. Barring a miracle Oberyn is probably toast. =(

Nah Son Oberyn is gonna finish that Gregor idiot within a minute im sure of it.

Ovid

Well its known what happens if he loses - he is guilty and will be killed for attempted murder of the king.

However, trial by combat is used to settle an argument between two people where there is no evidence but only word of the accused and accuser.

So if tyrion wins, there has to be some repurcussions to Cersei for wrongfully accusing a Lord of murder.
There are no repercussions for the accuser.

Nothing happened to Catelyn when she wrongly accused Tyrion of attempting to kill Bran.

Nothing happened to Arya when she accused The Hound.

Ovid

You can say anything as long as it doesnt spoil what is upcoming in the TV show.

Background info is ok, so long as it doesnt spoil an event.
It CANNOT come from the book through.

Answering questions is fine when the information is readily available from what has aired on the show

Is it within the rules to answer those questions?
They dont spoil things, ist just Background info.
Most (if not all) the info I would provide is not in the Show.
Read the OP brah.

If you have any questions about plot points or want clarification on something, feel free to send a PM to any of the helpful volunteers (see below) and ask them.

"I will be your champion."

Feels.

Also, great choice on the new Mountain, wonder if he'll stick around for long or if Oberyn is going to start crossing names off his list. Roll on two weeks!

I wonder if we will have a reverse black water bay battle this year.

The Nights watch are screwed and they are not in anyway prepared for a fight. So when it comes they will get there ass kicked, and when all hope is lost.......Stannis comes charging with his new army to save them.

stannis.jpg

They haven't said where he is going, and he seemed to be the only one concerned about the situation up north. In doing so the nights watch will send out ravens proclaiming his heroic act, rallying support from the north and putting into to question for the common man if the Lanisters should rule since they ignored the situation.

man there is some serious spoiler paranoia in here. I'm finally caught up, so this is the first thread i've been able to follow.

I think even if Tyrion wins he'll still have to flee from King's Landing, if he wants to truly to survive Cersei's wrath.

Agreed, dude can't win . He either needs to end her or GTFO. Also, do we know how/why Shae turned on him? I guess it's assumed Tywin paid her off or something?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Jesus, reading through this thread is scary. I want to participate, but the half potential spoilers and when anyone words anything weird make me not want to be here.

Nameless

Jesus, reading through this thread is scary. I want to participate, but the half potential spoilers and when anyone words anything weird make me not want to be here.

Mods are active in both threads and do a good job keeping this one spoiler free. I wouldn't be here either, otherwise.

Wunder

Didn't Tywin say that it was the Crown vs Tyrion or something? I was under the impression that it wasn't a 'personal vendetta' from Cersei so to speak since it was regicide and something that the throne would want to get investigated anyway.

BSsBrolly

Banned

Me too, I feel like a few things have already been spoiled, namely the poisen in necklace and Tyrions/Cerseis champions.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I think in general you are safe in this thread, unless you are really concerned about not knowing the slightest things from the books or previews. No-one is going to full on spoil something like the red wedding. I just started reading (listening) to the first book this week, and there are potential spoilers for the show within the first few chapters, not really anything that will spoil my enjoyment, but stuff that may appear in the show. I do understand that people watching the show are extremely wary though, I'm glad I hadn't even heard the term red wedding when I watched the show, it's one of the few times that I was completely shocked by a TV show, and even knowing that the wedding had importance might have had me second guessing what was going on. This thread is well policed though.

Violet_0

Banned
Me too, I feel like a few things have already been spoiled, namely the poisen in necklace and Tyrions/Cerseis champions.

the champions thing was pretty obvious from the episode title (which is admittedly kind of a spoiler). The necklace was a bit sketchy I agree

Didn't Tywin say that it was the Crown vs Tyrion or something? I was under the impression that it wasn't a 'personal vendetta' from Cersei so to speak since it was regicide and something that the throne would want to get investigated anyway.

I guess because she was the 'accuser'?

specifically about the champions, just because someone has an opinion that turns out to be true...doesn't necessarily make it a spoiler. Mountain/Oberyn just made sense given how the plot has been unfolding so far.

Has the show explained when and how Valyria was destroyed ?

I don't think it's been discussed.

Qurupeke

Robin needs to die. :) Also, why are there so many Rob characters? Robert, Robb, Robin...

Also, any idea on what will happen in the 9th episode? This is always the best one. Mountain's and Oberyn's battle will probably end at the next episode I guess. There's still the Wildlings' raid and maybe some more scenes with the Whitewalkers. Oh and I hope Stannis will finally do something with those money from Iron Bank. I need Blackwater 2.

Alpende

Meh, it's usually just theories and thoughts of people of what could happen. Some were right on the money with the necklace stuff so that got kind of spoiled for me but it didn't bother me, as they were just theories which happened to be right.

Chopper

Me too, I feel like a few things have already spoiled, namely the poisen in necklace and Tyrions/Cerseis champions.
To be fair, the necklace poison was worked out here using on-screen clues. And the champions were spoiler-tagged. I never had them spoiled and always keep up with this thread.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Mods are active in both threads and do a good job keeping this one spoiler free. I wouldn't be here either, otherwise.

I think in general you are safe in this thread, unless you are really concerned about not knowing the slightest things from the books or previews. No-one is going to full on spoil something like the red wedding. I just started reading (listening) to the first book this week, and there are potential spoilers for the show within the first few chapters, not really anything that will spoil my enjoyment, but stuff that may appear in the show. I do understand that people watching the show are extremely wary though, I'm glad I hadn't even heard the term red wedding when I watched the show, it's one of the few times that I was completely shocked by a TV show, and even knowing that the wedding had importance might have had me second guessing what was going on. This thread is well policed though.

Meh, it's usually just theories and thoughts of people of what could happen. Some were right on the money with the necklace stuff so that got kind of spoiled for me but it didn't bother me, as they were just theories which happened to be right.

I'm pretty touchy on spoilers, even the predictions bother me a bit. I don't know if people are "fake predicting" just to beat the spoiler system, so I think I'll take my leave.

Until a guy comes in the day of the Red Wedding episode and types "ROBB DIES TONIGHT"

:(

Who was it and was he perm'd ?

Here's my prediction for episode 9. Oberyn will win the fight in episode 8 and Tyrion will be released. Cersei will go batshit and try to have him killed anyway. So either Tyrion fights back and kills Cersei or he gets killed. But one of these two is dying in three weeks.

inky

Until a guy comes in the day of the Red Wedding episode and types "ROBB DIES TONIGHT"

:(

Heck, it happened in an unrelated thread as well. One about that Disney movie he is going to star in. Some dude just went: "well, after the next GoT episode he's going to have lots of free time lololol".

We are not safe anywhere D: and book readers are just dicks. He wasn't even banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom