• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting Sam to have been the one that killed her. It would of been a little ironic since the beginning of the episode started with that scene between him and Jon talking about sex.

Arcayne

HOLY FUCK THAT EPISODE!

Everything, fucking everything was so intense. Anshfhdsismeksisydn, but Ygritte though :( That particular scene made my gf instantly cry. But yeah, Hawkeye Gough confirmed a GoT character with that great arrow long shot, goddamn! The directors of the show know wtf their doing, thats for sure. I'm beaming with excitement for the 10th episode

Telcius

Neo Member
Sad to see Ygritte go. The list of characters I still care about is getting smaller and smaller with each episode. I find most of the characters whiney or uninteresting at this point. I'm going to need a big twist during the finale to keep me interested enough to come back for season 5.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah I know now, but what about the cannibals? Are they just "the crazy dudes"?
Those are the creepy hairless dudes. They were toasting up some limbs in an earlier episode. They're like the most hardcore tribe of wildling.

Mance was back last season, when Jon visits the wildling HQ (where we first saw a giant). They chatted it up in his tent.

E92 M3

he didn't even take a sword. I suspect he plans to surrender

the wolf is named Ghost, not Snow btw

I knew that lol! That was a strange error of associations...irregardless, its his best friend - and I don't think a surrender would make sense. Must be something else, then.

Maddocks

What a action packed episode. It never let up after it really took off. That bald fuck, should have fucked him into the dirt. Instead he lives.

iNvid02

cant believe its nearly over, again.. this season has been great

where was jon's wolf? would he really just walk out unless he knew it died

Dot50Cal

Banned
I must be the odd one out, I thought the episode was incredibly boring. The whole storyline at the wall has been elongated out for too long. I've become bored of it, even though I like Snow.

Focusing the entire episode on one arc seemed really unsatisfying to me. The only worse thing to me would be the entire episode centered around Dany governing that city.

Ovid

What a action packed episode. It never let up after it really took off. That bald fuck, should have fucked him into the dirt. Instead he lives.
A proud man of the Kingsguard is nothing but a damn coward. This episode shows how insignificant the war in south is.

demolitio

Im sorry, I cracked up when her last words were "You know nuthin, John Snow".

I thought she said, "You aren't nothing, Jon Snow."

Anyway, I didn't expect the whole episode to be about Castle Black but it was good. It reminded me of Helm's Deep in a lot of ways...lol.

I swear, if Tywin doesn't die next episode, I'll feel like such an ass for being so adamant that it's coming, but it'd be an amazing cliff-hangar. Every time they played The Rains of Castamere this season, it's been cut off besides the opening scene with Tywin remolding the swords. It also sets the story up for Stannis being able to succeed in his invasion in my opinion.

Edit: That swinging scythe on the wall was absolutely amazing. I was waiting to see how they planned on knocking them down but didn't expect it to be that brutal.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
There we go. I just didn't know if I'd missed or forgotten something
My bad. I don't think we know anything about the tribe other than that they're ruthless cannibal creeps. Honestly they come off a little corny to me. I get what the main wildlings around about but those guys are like one dimentional pure evil.

Matugi

Which scene was the long tracking shot? People have been praising it and I was too focused on the episode to notice that it was one take.

KiN0

I must be the odd one out, I thought the episode was incredibly boring. The whole storyline at the wall has been elongated out for too long. I've become bored of it, even though I like Snow.

Focusing the entire episode on one arc seemed really unsatisfying to me.
I found this episode boring as well. Even though the action was well done, I really enjoy this show most during the more talkative episodes.

E92 M3

Focusing the entire episode on one arc seemed really unsatisfying to me. The only worse thing to me would be the entire episode centered around Dany governing that city.

Same here, I wanted at least a little Tyerion time. I can watch that conversate with the people of King's Landing all day.

In general, we can all agree: These episodes need to be 2 hours long! :(

demolitio

Same here, I wanted at least a little Tyerion time. I can watch that conversate with the people of King's Landing all day.

In general, we can all agree: These episodes need to be 2 hours long! :(

I wish they would give us more episodes per season but know it won't happen, but it really sucks when you have an amazing episode like tonight's yet all you can think about is how there's so many other stories that you didn't get to see advance with only one episode to go.

E92 M3

I wish they would give us more episodes per season but know it won't happen, but it really sucks when you have an amazing episode like tonight's yet all you can think about is how there's so many other stories that you didn't get to see advance with only one episode to go.

Exactly, it's why the book boxset is sitting in my cart right now. I can't handle the torture anymore.

demolitio

See ya later Ygritte!! You don't got to go home you sure got to get the hell out of here

She had a pretty good KDR all things considered. Hell, she probably had a 90% accuracy with her shots. That poor kid that killed probably feels pretty confused right about now..."but I thought he'd be happy I saved him!"

Exactly, it's why the book boxset is sitting in my cart right now. I can't handle the torture anymore.

Honestly, if my medication didn't make reading such a pain in the ass, I'd be really tempted too. Part of me is impatient and wants answers now, the other part of is too invested in the show to switch over to the books now and in the end, I'll be stuck waiting anyway for GRRM to finish writing anyway. :D

The mythological stuff is the part I'm really waiting for but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that stuff isn't even explained in the later books yet. That seems to be the end goal.

rando14

She had a pretty good KDR all things considered. Hell, she probably had a 90% accuracy with her shots. That poor kid that killed probably feels pretty confused right about now..."but I thought he'd be happy I saved him!"

Tormund's KD ratio is through the roof!! Guy must have taken out at least two dozen crows

Blader

What an excellently directed episode. The battle was staged even more impressively than Blackwater, but surprisingly many of the non-battle scenes were really well done -- which is doubly impressive since I haven't cared all that much about the Night's Watch/Wildling plot this year.

Sad to see Ygritte die, I liked her though for some reason I'm not too upset about it... maybe coming off the grisly horrible end for Oberyn made this death seem downright pleasant by comparison. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was gonna say Tyrion has the highest KDR for using wildfire at Blackwater but Bronn probably got the points for that one since he fired the arrow.

demolitio

So I guess the wildlings were good practice before the white walkers show up, right?

Bran's story might finally get interesting next season at least.

If Winter actually comes next season, their official tagline should be, "Winter is coming..in 2015. For real this time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom