• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
By killing Arya.

I would go on a murder rampage. Holy shit.
FUCK! i didn't even think about that...
5Y6ekzF.gif

Violet_0

Banned
I commented last night that I liked how Tormund got hit with like 6 arrows that barely pierced him but kid shoots an arrow that goes right through Ygritte.

They got some bad archers on the wall or that kid is like mutant powers strong.

to be fair, he had plenty of time to aim during the Jon/Ygritte stare down

mr2xxx

Banned
Yeah, part of the problem is that they call the zombiefied dudes wights. Which sounds a lot like the White Walkers. Which makes it easy to get confused.

Just remember: wights = zombies. White Walkers = weird icy motherfuckers with bright blue eyes.

500px-White_Walker_2x10.jpg

Didn't even know this. Are they allies?

I commented last night that I liked how Tormund got hit with like 6 arrows that barely pierced him but kid shoots an arrow that goes right through Ygritte.

They got some bad archers on the wall or that kid is like mutant powers strong.

Melee warrior has tough skin feat. Gives bonus to AC. Naturally, archers have lower AC.

Flandy

Do we have ages for all the characters? Curious to know how old Arya, Jon, Bran, Sansa, Joffery, and Daenerys are supposed to be. TV ages not book ages :p

suzu

Do we have ages for all the characters? Curious to know how old Arya, Jon, Bran, Sansa, Joffery, and Daenerys are supposed to be. TV ages not book ages :p

Approx. guesses.. the show doesn't really say how much time has gone by, do they?

Bran's probably early teens. Arya and Sansa are in their mid teens. Joffrey was like 17? Robb, Jon, Daenerys are most likely older teens or early 20s.

Showaddy

Approx. guesses.. the show doesn't really say how much time has gone by, do they?

Bran's probably early teens. Arya and Sansa are in their mid teens. Joffrey was like 17? Robb, Jon, Daenerys are most likely older teens or early 20s.

It's pretty crazy that Bran's actually supposed to be younger than Sansa & Arya, puberty has hit his actor like a sledgehammer.

inky

Just so we're clear, Authentic, if this happens I will scour the Earth until I find you... from Sunday until your last day. This I vow in the sight of the Gods.

It's not going to happen. It's too soon for her to die and her development would be useless then. I can see the Hound dying tho.

Violet_0

Banned
She's got immunity since the hound wouldn't be late to her death.

she's going to mercy kill The Hound who is dying because of the festering wound or something. Which will be tragic because he's technically on her kill list, but she's grown fond of him, you see

Just so we're clear, Authentic, if this happens I will scour the Earth until I find you... from Sunday until your last day. This I vow in the sight of the Gods.

Hahaha, I swear I have not read the books ! It's not a conceiled spoiler.

Arya is my favorite character, Tyrion my second favorite. If Tyrion is killed next Sunday, I will be pissed; but if Arya is killed... words will not suffice to describe my state of mind.

Cyan

Banned
I was genuinely shocked when Sam promised to come back alive and actually did.

Right? In this show, I thought that was his death warrant.

Honestly, I thought Snow was going to bite it the second that wildling cannibal guy smashed his head into the anvil. That Oberyn thing seriously traumatized me. :/

leng jai

Episode was okay but it just goes to show why GoT has limited battle scenes. I thought they would have least dedicated 10 or so minutes to advance some other plot lines.

Nameless

Hahaha, I swear I have not read the books ! It's not a conceiled spoiler.

Arya is my favorite character, Tyrion my second favorite. If Tyrion is killed next Sunday, I will be pissed; but if Arya is killed... words will not suffice to describe my state of mind.

Of course not, but I'd blame you just the same for putting evil juju like that out in the universe.

I remember during the Red Wedding I was more concerned with Arya's safety than the people being slaughtered inside. Tears might actually be shed if she ever falls.

Lamel

Banned
Jon Snow was a fucking badass this episode.

Also so were his friends, RIP to them :(

Even douchebag Allister was cool. I'm glad he admitted he was wrong.

EmiPrime

Never read the books. My theory is Jon Snow kills Mance Rayder and leads the Wildlings against everyone, drinks the blood of the Lanisters. He said so himself, kill Mance and the tribes would disperse. But kill Mance and take control. Now that's a good looking stew.

Yes! Jon leading the Night's Watch and with a massive Wildling army who he can promise sanctuary from the White Walkers beyond the wall.

Then pay the Boltons a little visit.

Iceman

I was actually ... rooting for Jon Snow?

What a turnaround for such a weak (although obviously promising) character. This episode was full of great surprises for me. Epic really. Stannis and Dany are basically in comas in comparison.

Honestly, I thought Snow was going to bite it the second that wildling cannibal guy smashed his head into the anvil. That Oberyn thing seriously traumatized me. :/

So much this, on both accounts.

My heart was racing when Jon's head got smashed into the anvil; I was completely resigned to the fact that we were about to see Jon get written out in some horrible way as well.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I thought Sam was done for. Like 100% sure he was going to die.

Letting him man up. Snatching a kiss from his lady. His speech about fear. Taking down the crazed wildling with the crossbow bolt to the head. Going up the wall for Jon Snow.

I was so pleased he got to keep his promise. My wife was like, "She is going to fuck him so hard!"

I forgot which HBO video it was from but one of the creators said that a lot of the big shocking "episode 9" type moments you would usually expect would be spread throughout the season(Joffrey's death being in ep.2 for example) and a few of those would be in the final episode. He said it was the most "proper" finale they've ever done.

Probably my least favorite episode so far. Sure the fights and stuff was awesome, but it could have been condensed to like 20 minutes. Especially as there really isn't that much to show as it's not some war deciding epic large scale battle, more of a test battle (and a failed one-chance attempt to raid the castle).

No one of importance died, not much character development/revelations like in Black Water (Cersei&Sansa, Tyrion). In fact, BW was awesome because it started so many story lines. The Hound, Tywin and the Tyrells joining the city etc.
In this episode we just got Snow going for a SpecOps mission by himself.

There was also not even some twist etc., all the main (good sided) characters survived that you would normally expect to survive in a show. So it just went along pretty swell for the crows despite being in the worst possible position under shitty leadership.
I half expected that the coward to kill Gilly or something, but nope.
Of course it's on me to think of such stuff, but it's just my point that I don't see why this particular story line needed to be expanded to a whole episode.

Hell, I would have taken Stannis riding in as a surprise :p

edit: I liked the reveal(?) that there's still a Targaryen in Westeros. Interesting.

btw: Can't they just collapse the tunnel NOW?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Stannis vs the wildlings would not be a fight he would win.

Jon Snow vs everyone seems like a cool path for this to go. With Bran at his side controlling the dragons.
Oh my god. I forgot about worgs or whatever the fuck they're called. Maybe this how the Targaryens previously razed the kingdom. What's her face needs to become a worg to become the true mother of dragons.

Snow didn't even loose a tooth if his perfect smile 5 minutes later is any indication. plot mouthguard
I forgot which HBO video it was from but one of the creators said that a lot of the big shocking "episode 9" type moments you would usually expect would be spread throughout the season(Joffrey's death being in ep.2 for example) and a few of those would be in the final episode. He said it was the most "proper" finale they've ever done.

I'm expecting a crazy finale with a huge and unexpected death and a few lesser deaths mixed in. The Hound has got to be wimpering by this point, and I think his girl Arya is either gonna mercifully put him down (and strike his name off her to-kill list) or leave him to rot. Tyrian is up for execution, so he's the most obvious candidate for death. I can't imagine what could save him right now short of Tywin being replaced/murdered and a regime change occuring... I know next week's episode is 66 minutes, but that hardly seems like enough time for those things to occur.

CLEEK

Two questions:

Did Ghost die? The fact Jon headed off without him made me think he must have.

How is Sam still as fat as the day he arrived on the wall? I've never figured castle black to be overflowing with food.

edit: I liked the reveal(?) that there's still a Targaryen in Westeros. Interesting.

You mean old blind dude? He tells Jon he's Targaryen in the first season.

Cyan

Banned
Two questions:

Did Ghost die? The fact Jon headed off without him made me think he must have.
I feel like we would've seen something if that was the case. I think they just didn't want to integrate him into the fight scenes. :/

How is Sam still as fat as the day he arrived on the wall? I've never figured castle black to be overflowing with food.

Plot feedbag.

Snow didn't even loose a tooth if his perfect smile 5 minutes later is any indication. plot mouthguard

I'm expecting a crazy finale with a huge and unexpected death and a few lesser deaths mixed in. The Hound has got to be wimpering by this point, and I think his girl Arya is either gonna mercifully put him down (and strike his name off her to-kill list) or leave him to rot. Tyrian is up for execution, so he's the most obvious candidate for death. I can't imagine what could save him right now short of Tywin being replaced/murdered and a regime change occuring... I know next week's episode is 66 minutes, but that hardly seems like enough time for those things to occur.

Yeah i'm expecting the finale to be the "episode 9" of this season.

But I mean, that's basically just Jon Snow, right? And Sam, I guess.

+Gilly&Baby. Maybe also old blind dude and that kid (who even got his rightful revenge). Sure some of Snow's friends died but as the Crows are all behind him now, they are pretty much replaceable as far as the plot is concerned.
(Ygritte isn't good considering she slaughters tons of civilians including unarmed women that don't attack her).
But all those surviving also implies that they win the battle and that's pretty much a best case happy end scenario.

Two questions:

You mean old blind dude? He tells Jon he's Targaryen in the first season.

Oh I forgot about that. Probably because I didn't realize/knew the implications of that name.

Subitai

The way I see it:

Ice = frost zombies = White Walker power = Stark = York = white rose
Fire = dragons = R'hllor (Lord of Light) power = Lannister = Lancaster = red rose

red rose + white rose = Tudor Rose

o.jpg

The question is how do the opposite forces turn into the "Tudor Rose". Dire Lions and frostfire/freezerburn monsters are predictable, but how they come to be is not.

Apparently, GRRM has figured this out just barely enough to give the show creators an outline, so even if he croaks before he finishes, the resolution is out there. Still, when it comes to this, book readers are in the same opaque and forlorn speculative boat as show watchers.

Cyan

Banned
+Gilly&Baby. Maybe also old blind dude. Sure some of Snow's friends died but as the Crows are all behind him now, they are pretty much replaceable as far as the plot is concerned.
(Ygritte isn't good considering she slaughters tons of civilians including unarmed women that don't attack her).
But all those surviving also implies that they win the battle and that's pretty much a best case happy end scenario.

Come on dude. You have to squirm a lot to make Sam and his gf and the old man important and "the characters you would expect to survive" but not Ygritte and, like, most of Jon Snow's buddies.

Come on dude. You have to squirm a lot to make Sam and his gf and the old man important and "the characters you would expect to survive" but not Ygritte and, like, most of Jon Snow's buddies.

No, since they showed what she did to all those people she's barely better than any other Wildling (in the army). Her love/hesitation for Snow doesn't matter to me as a character trait. The Mountain could love little kittens and still be an evil asshole. I'm glad the little dude killed her off and avenged his parents (also one less romance plot :p ).

Main characters is sure stretching it, I meant more in the sense of unique instead of replaceable army fodder.
The cook survived as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom