• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Winter is coming. This isn't just politics and people walking and conspiring in gardens.

Ugh, I know, and I hate it.
Can they just get Daenerys and the dragon to melt all the snow in the north, kill all the White Walkers and savages and then go back to King's Landing where the interesting part is?

And shit, I'll miss Ygritte accent. :( Fucking kid, should have just died.

Nameless

The best news yet on this E3 Monday, the finale will be a 66 minute whopper of an episode!

http://fansided.com/2014/06/09/game-thrones-season-4-finale-will-66-minutes-long/#!WKZ8K

The Game of Thrones season 4 finale, titled
"The Children,"
will be airing on Sunday, June 15, and fans of the show are in for an extended episode as the show’s creators work to wrap up the latest season of the series — which has been the most popular show to ever air on HBO.

According to the updated HBO schedule, the Game of Thrones season 4 finale will be 66 minutes long.

The 66 minute airtime means that Game of Thrones season 4, episode 10 will be the longest running episode of the show to date. It is the longest episode of this season by nearly ten minutes.

Our friends over at WinterIsComing.net put together a list of the season four episode run times which you can see below:

4.01 Two Swords (59 minutes)
4.02 The Lion and the Rose (53 minutes)
4.03 Breaker of Chains (57 minutes)
4.04 Oathkeeper (56 minutes)
4.05 First of His Name (54 minutes)
4.06 The Laws of Gods and Men (51 minutes)
4.07 Mockingbird (52 minutes)
4.08 The Mountain and the Viper (53 minutes)
4.09 The Watchers on the Wall (51 minutes)
The Children
 (66 minutes)

dLMN8R

So it's all gonna come down to Daenarys vs. Jon in the end right?

He can take any freezing temperature,
and she can take any heat temperature from what they've shown...

Seems like a reasonable guess. It is the song of ice and fire, after all :)

(No, I'm not a book reader. But I'm allowed to know the name of the book series, right??)

Never read the books. My theory is Jon Snow kills Mance Rayder and leads the Wildlings against everyone, drinks the blood of the Lanisters. He said so himself, kill Mance and the tribes would disperse. But kill Mance and take control. Now that's a good looking stew.

Stannis would kick his ass before he reaches the south

Ichi_

Neo Member
Seems like a reasonable guess. It is the song of ice and fire, after all :)

(No, I'm not a book reader. But I'm allowed to know the name of the book series, right??)

Doesn't necessarily mean that they fight each other... maybe they fall in love and ride a dragon off into the sunset... lol.

spirity

Ugh, I know, and I hate it.
Can they just get Daenerys and the dragon to melt all the snow in the north, kill all the White Walkers and savages and then go back to King's Landing where the interesting part is?

I think all the savages are in Kings Landing.

MutFox

Banned
Ice = White Walkers
Fire = Dragons

Where would Lord Snow even come into it?

Jon Snow - Can't be hurt by Ice
Daenerys Targaryen - Can't be hurt by Fire

Don't think any other character in the show can do this.
Seems like they have a pretty big part.

Ice = White Walkers
Fire = Dragons

Where would Lord Snow even come into it?

not a book reader but i think somehow these two will be the next king and queen.. i could be wrong because their paths haven't crossed yet but who knows.

Ice = Jon Snow at the wall
Fire = Daenerys and her dragons

Ultimadrago

Olly singeing the ginge

DelightfulRepentantCommabutterfly.gif

MVP of the episode

Cyan

Banned
I thought they showed it in like season 2 or 3.
When a White Walker attacks inside Castle Black,
and touches Jon Snow and nothing happens...

Did I take that scene wrong?

I think this might be entirely inside your own head, amigo. :p

Liamario

Banned
Weak episode IMHO, as I feared.
Ep. 8 is a better Ep. 9 than this Ep. 9 is.
Thank god Game of Thrones is 90% politics and talking and just 10% large scale fighting.

And: No, I wasn't expecting some Lord Of The Rings level battle. It's just that the Wall storyline is not doing it for me. Nor the Bran one is, neither.
Feel the same. They almost feel out of place with the rest of the show.

Ultimadrago

Weak episode IMHO, as I feared.
Ep. 8 is a better Ep. 9 than this Ep. 9 is.
Thank god Game of Thrones is 90% politics and talking and just 10% large scale fighting.

And: No, I wasn't expecting some Lord Of The Rings level battle. It's just that the Wall storyline is not doing it for me. Nor the Bran one is, neither.

Agreed on the episode being weak. Heck, last week's was as well.

The Wall, Bran and Dany's branches should never be given full episodes.

Didn't enjoy it too much but that's because really we all wanted to see Tyrions fate.

I kept thinking they had forgotten about the second giant, also the blonde commander didn't seem to die and if so its a bit of a weak death considering how folk usually go out.

No doubt Daenrys will get the pimp slot next week but I find her story boring so its a shame it all seems to be set up for her to end the whole thing in charge and looking smug.

Cyan

Banned
There was that scene though right?
Maybe I can find it on youtube...

So, I only vaguely remember this. But I think what you're talking about is when they brought two dead nights watch guys back inside the Wall, and then in the middle of the night they turned into zombies. And Jon Snoo fought them off. I don't think there's ever been a White Walker as far south as the Wall.

So what are the main plot points the finale has to touch upon? This is what I've thought of so far:

King's Landing
- Did the Mountain Die?
- Tyrion's fate.

The Veil
- Arya and Sansa: a Stark reunion at last?
- Do Brienne & Podrick find Sansa/Arya?
- Will The Hound die of infection?
- Littlefinger...what's his next move?

The North
- Was that Winterfell the Bolton's were heading to?
- Will the Wildling Army buckle under Jon Snow's terrifying plot immunity and allow him to kill Mance?
- Bran meets a Tree.

Essos
- Daenerys continues to be shown because...Dragons?
- Jorah Mormont, the exiled.
- Does Grey Worm have the Pillar or the Stones?
- What the fuck is Stannis doing?

Yup.

We are at the wind down of the story and we just had all of our climaxes. Sansa going dark, the attack on the Wall and the trial of Tyrion. Time for the wind down.

MutFox

Banned
So, I only vaguely remember this. But I think what you're talking about is when they brought two dead nights watch guys back inside the Wall, and then in the middle of the night they turned into zombies. And Jon Snoo fought them off. I don't think there's ever been a White Walker as far south as the Wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TlSM-2SyI&feature=kp

Yeah, I must have confused it with a white walker then... LOL
Could have sworn there was a hint of it...

Watevaman

I think this might be entirely inside your own head, amigo. :p

I think he's thinking of the guy that turned to a walker/zombie inside Castle Black and they ended up burning him. If I remember right, he attacked the old leader or something while he was asleep?

edit: ok, late, but same scene

Blader

Bran easily has the worst subplot. I mean, it's guided by two characters who appeared out of thin air for the sole purpose of driving that story along. It's the most contrived thing happening in the show.

At least Dany had that "Valyrian is my mother tongue" scene last year.

Cyan

Banned
Yeah, part of the problem is that they call the zombiefied dudes wights. Which sounds a lot like the White Walkers. Which makes it easy to get confused.

Just remember: wights = zombies. White Walkers = weird icy motherfuckers with bright blue eyes.

500px-White_Walker_2x10.jpg

MutFox

Banned
Yeah, part of the problem is that they call the zombiefied dudes wights. Which sounds a lot like the White Walkers. Which makes it easy to get confused.

Just remember: wights = zombies. White Walkers = weird icy motherfuckers with bright blue eyes.

Yeah, after seeing the vid again, the guy didn't look like a WW at all...
Could have sworn he was cold to the touch...

Now I feel I have to rewatch that episode... :|

Ultimadrago

Most anti-climatic part of the entire episode... seriously...

Achieving such an accomplishment in that anti-climactic episode is what made it so amusing.

Mushy reunion + Unexpected kid giving a helping hand = Sudden "Tragedy"

I think people like you should just not watch them.

As parts of the show, bad or not, I'm inclined to watch them. Don't feel even worse about it than I do.

I'll admit that was a good kill.

Chopper

Yeah, after seeing the vid again, the guy didn't look like a WW at all...
Could have sworn he was cold to the touch...

Now I feel I have to rewatch that episode... :|
This is pretty tenuous stuff. It confuses me, and I've read the first 3 and a half books.

RytGear

not a book reader but i think somehow these two will be the next king and queen.. i could be wrong because their paths haven't crossed yet but who knows.

Ice = Jon Snow at the wall
Fire = Daenerys and her dragons

What if Jon's mother was a Targaryen girl? That would explain Ned's want for the Dany not to be harmed and I feel that she must be important. Then he could meet up with Dany and be like "yo, we're related, let's rule this cess pit of a kingdom" I would love for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom