• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RELIGHT

Banned
I...have you watched the show?

It's where the Iron Bank is, where Davos/Stannis went to get a loan. It's a city that is shown in the opening scene :

My bad I get the names confused sometimes. That's where the guy is from that taught Arya the water dancing right? And where that shapeshifter is from.

Sajjaja

Why are you guys saying Dany is killing her dragons? She is not. She is taming them.

What's Bravos? Is that where Dany is?

Bravos is a free city in the Eastern continent where Dany is. I don't think Dany has been there with her army though.

But yeah, Bravos is where that mysterious assassin dude that Arya met before told her to go if she wanted to learn more about being an assassin.

E92 M3

Shae's betrayal was fucked up. She got what she deserved, whores don't get a second chance(heard that somewhere). As a big fan of the dragons I was very sad at them getting locked up. So are they gonna starve now? It's depressing to think about. It was the other one that burned the girl anyway.

Yes, the dragon scene was pretty sad. Drogo is the big black dragon that has flown away somewhere...Dany will have issues controlling him I think.

Minion101

Banned
So, betraying the trust of dragons whose loyalty and cooperation is key to winning the throne: big mistake or biggest mistake?

And in a dark, shitty basement of all places. Dany hasn't been making a lot of great decisions lately.
And it's the black one that's the trouble maker. She may have taken a serious step back with that action.

Xamdou

Admittedly I missed that, I was too busy yelling at Tyrion for being a damned idiot and not just noping straight the hell outta there.

I was wondering the same thing, I thought he didn't believed his brother so he wen't another route to find his own escape route. Then all of a sudden all that shiet happened and the end he went back to the same exit route Jaime told to take.

My bad I get the names confused sometimes. That's where the guy is from that taught Arya the water dancing right? And where that shapeshifter is from.

Yes, he was from there. He (shapeshifter) gave Arya the coin that he presented to the captain at the end.

We also heard about it b/c the crown is in debt to the Iron Bank. There were some conversations this season about it between Tywin and others.

Yes it's huge, just don't google any names that haven't been mentioned in the show.

So, have book readers been spoiled? That would suck.

Also, I don't even know of any names that haven't been mentioned in either the show, or the game, and the ones that are in the game were probably created specifically for the game, so I should be ok.

Xamdou

Also, I don't even know of any names that haven't been mentioned in either the show, or the game, and the ones that are in the game were probably created specifically for the game, so I should be ok.

Lmao if true, too bad I'll never know what it is.

MG310

Noticed Ian Whyte (The 2nd Mountain) was in the credits..had to look it up on IMDB, didn't realize he was playing the giant who didn't make it into the tunnel.

ebevan91

What's going on right now is why I went ahead and read the books. Too risky to go roughly 9-10 months trying not to be spoiled.

But then I kinda regret reading the books because now all I think about is book vs. show instead of just show or just books.

Gray Matter

Well then, I knew Tywinn was going to die because someone spoiled for me, but I did not know that Tyrion was going to kill him. Goddamn that was a damn great episode.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
how did Stannis get his army over the wall????
I was wondering that too. After the King of the North said he wanted to get south, through their tunnel, then Stannis comes up and surrounds them I'm wondering how they got there. I was under the impression Snow and King guy were up above the wall and Stannis was below. If it's so easy to get around the damn wall there'd be no problem.

What did we miss here?

Minion101

Banned
Noticed Ian Whyte (The 2nd Mountain) was in the credits..had to look it up on IMDB, didn't realize he was playing the giant who didn't make it into the tunnel.

Is this him?

8cEPu.jpg

Showaddy

I was wondering that too. After the King of the North said he wanted to get south, through their tunnel, then Stannis comes up and surrounds them I'm wondering how they got there. I was under the impression Snow and King guy were up above the wall and Stannis was below. If it's so easy to get around the damn wall there'd be no problem.

What did we miss here?

Stannis sailed around because he's got ships.

Massa

What did we miss here?

The wildlings don't have ships, King Stannis does.

Pockafella

Neo Member
From the Google results I got; Its huge. Don't look anything up.

Disappointed to hear that. I read / Audibled the first two books this year and the show didn't miss or change anything "huge" from what I remember. Assuming this is the most riled up the book crowd has been to date?

Xilium

No, they're just butthurt that something they expected to happen this season didn't among the other usual complaints associated with book adaptions (missing direct quotes from book, changed scenes, altered motivations, ect.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom