• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Pycelle_zps846112e9.png

MIND BLOWN

I FUCKING READ THAT SPOILER ON AV CLUB GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
ADSIHG;OIUASHDIUASHGDLUIAHSDPIUGHADPIHFGADOIRFHGAPOIDRHYUP9Q8374609Q8E5Y9WEQ5Y68- !!!!!!!!!

lmpaler

Welp after this episode I'm out. I have decided I am going to read the books because I'm tired of waiting so long to know.

Amazing episode though. I'll see some of you, maybe, in the spoiler thread

Nerokis

Welp after this episode I'm out. I have decided I am going to read the books because I'm tired of waiting so long to know.

Considering GRRM's pace thus far, that might be the worst reason to pick up the books. :p

Good thing about the show is that you know when the next (one) season is coming out. The books on the other hand....

Nameless

Considering GRRM's pace thus far, that might be the worst reason to pick up the books. :p

Seems especially silly given that all or parts of each of the five books have been spoiled for him by the show, but to each his own.

If you didn't read past the show by the end of S2 or 3 I have no idea why you would do it now.

Violet_0

Banned
man, Tyrion and Brienne were pretty badass this episode. Was Varys planning to leave with Tyrion before the bells rang or did he just say "fuck it" and went on the ship?

also, damn the Bran scene was terrible

can't wait for Bravos next season!

I didn't liked Dany trapping the innocent dragons in a dungeon. Not only where those not her favorites by any means (black one got all the screen time and pets) but they where busy being all brother like, fighting each other.

She also seems to be losing her power, I mean her army is formidable but she is losing it. I think someone is manipulating this situation to steal the slave lands back.

Also I didn't like how Tyrion kill Shae, made me really sad.

Fantastic episode.

The Hound's fall hit me pretty hard, I love the dude.
But then I remembered the whole thing with Sandor beating the fire Brotherhood guy, and him saying that his god(which brought people back to life) had plans for Sandor. Add that to the fact that Sandor didn't die on screen...

00203674.jpG

The Hound is the One True King!

Late to the party but just got done watching the episode.

HOLY SHIT.

So good on so many levels. Best last episode so far of the show? I think so! So many good scenes in this. Really the only scene worth skipping was the Cercei, Jamie stuff. God I wish she would just go away somehow. Really can't stand her character.

Holy shit at the fight between the Hound and Brienne! WOW. I thought the Hound had her but she suddenly goes all Rocky on his ass and beats the hell out of him. I knew she was tough but THAT tough ... didn't expect that. She beat the Hound man to man, not because of flash with the Sword or anything. Then the scene with Arya and the Hound after. Good gawd. That stare. That coldblooded stare. With just a ... sliver ... just a small tiniest sliver of sadness in seeing another person she knew dying. What a scene!

The only thing that left me scratching my head was the Dany scene with her dragons. Drogon is known to be the wild one. Have the other 2 done anything wrong? Yet she chains those 2 in a dungeon. How the hell is that going to go over well? Does she think darkness and solitude will make them see the error of their ways. But again, they didn't do anything! So they will likely come out of the cave .... if it happens ... even worse. That whole scene just had me scratching my head. Makes 0 sense on any level. What is she going to do with Drogon? Kill it?

Then the true climax of the show, the escape of Tyrion, his murder of Shae ( holy shit ) and the confrontation with Tywin. So good on so many levels.

Oh, and we finally see some damn magic in this show that keeps hinting at it! lol. Guess the whole Brandon storyline is going to keep with the " this is where the magic is " feeling. Seems whenever Brandon pops up that is when we see some wild shit go down from the supernatural portion of this world. Except for the red lady and when sandor killed that one brotherhood dude. But this was Skeletons and fireballs and true Skyrim shit going on lol.

And now Arya is headed to Braavos. I thought that may happen. Shit is going to be real interesting next season.

I didn't liked Dany trapping the innocent dragons in a dungeon. Not only where those not her favorites by any means (black one got all the screen time and pets) but they where busy being all brother like, fighting each other.

She also seems to be losing her power, I mean her army is formidable but she is losing it. I think someone is manipulating this situation to steal the slave lands back.

Also I didn't like how Tyrion kill Shae, made me really sad.

Fantastic episode.

Dany is very young, still. I forgot how old is she meant to be at this stage, but she's still very inexperienced and I think she's trying her best to make hard decisions that is beyond her age to make.

But, yes, she is half-measured with the dragons. She does not want to let go of the fact that she may need them in the future as part of her army, so she does not want to kill them, even if they are roasting little children. If they are indeed, for all intents and purposes, weapons to her, she should have treated them as such. But as it is, they are part her babies and part uncontrollable monsters to her. Half-cocked measures always go well. Not.

I also agree with Tyrion's Shae-killing scene. That was incredibly harrowing. His face and how it captures his breaking heart, was very, very sad.

Violet_0

Banned
funny how Daenerys desperately wants to get to Westeros and everyone else is like "nah, take me away from this shithole"

I have high hopes that the Tyrion/Varys pair is going to be the new Tyrion/Bronn

loved the music that played at the end

RoKKeR

Just finished!

God damn. GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyrion my man! Aria! What the hell is Stanis doing up there! Dragons! Tywin on the shitter! Some weird ass skeleton army on the worst story line in the whole show but... at least it's going somewhere!

Going to be a long year to wait, but knowing Tyrion is alive and kicking is going to make it so much easier!

Oh, and one thing I really noticed was the MUSIC throughout the entire episode. Great stuff.

I might just pretend the whole series finished here. Sure it's not perfect but some characters got small victories, I should quit while I'm ahead.

I don't think I can take another round of deaths to the characters I like.

I'm not sure if the show can keep the momentum going honestly. While this season just may have been the most consistent of them all, it introduced even more fantasy stuff I could do without and certain crucial characters either died or their arc seemed to settle down a bit. I dunno, starting to lose interest with the lore/world honestly. Let's just see Stannis take the throne and Dany burn the White Walkers to the ground and then go home.

Loakum

Banned
I feel like so many ongoing storylines had a sense of closure this season, especially King's Landing. I'm still very curious about the new Sansa....and poor ol Reek.

The skeletons looked really good. I so want to know who this three-eyed raven man is exactly, why did they have to cut it like that.
Daenerys' scene was very bad.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've just finished reading the Dunk and Egg tales today.

Then I watched this episode.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I'm now officially out of this thread, though. See you on the other side, people.

Violet_0

Banned
King's Landing is no longer the focus of the show me thinks. It's going to be all about Stannis, Snow and Bran in the North, Tyrion and Varys in whatever place they sail to, Arya in Braavos, Littlefinger and Sansa in the Vale and Daenerys in some vaguely Persian city

Lamel

Banned
Is Arya actually going to Braavos, or did she convince the guy to take her north when she showed him the coin? Was a little confused.

rando14

Is Arya actually going to Braavos, or did she convince the guy to take her north when she showed him the coin? Was a little confused.

She wanted initially to go North, but the captain said they're going to Braavos. She used the coin to get passage to Braavos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom