• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The score in this finale is really good. I noticed it well enough the first time around. Given the opportunity to watch it again, I can pay attention to it even more in all its glory. Ramin Djawadi works wonders in the TV realm.

Nyx

Just read up on a local forum, wow, so many complaints about the Brann bit. (the undead rising from the ground)

''Ugh too much fantasy''

Wut?

Alpende

Loved the episode. So many cool story arcs for next season.

I hope Arya meets Jaqen and/or Sirio again and becomes a badass assassin swordfighting warrior.

Tywin dying on the shitter was great. Trying to save his ass by telling Tyrion he was his son. Tyrion didn't want any of that bullshit. Varys turning around when he heard the bells was an awesome moment.

What the hell is up with those Children and the old tree dude. That should provide some cool story arcs. The skeletons looked good in my eyes, liked them.

Stannis the Mannis appearing out of nowhere was just plain great. Just storming those Wildlings like they're nothing. Hoping he can provide some serious resistance to the Lannisters.

The fight between Brienne and the Hound felt out of place. Brienne could have just tried to talk with the Hound instead of drawing a blade immediately. No more Hound and Arya adventures :(.

Duallusion

btw, I like how the Hand of the King and de facto ruler of the seven kingdoms has no guards

Heh, about that...

Is there even a slim possibility the whole thing was partly staged/planned by Jamie and Cersei or am I over-thinking the whole thing? It all looked just a bit too convenient.

Alpende

Heh, about that...

Is there even a slim possibility the whole thing was partly staged/planned by Jamie and Cersei or am I over-thinking the whole thing? It all looked just a bit too convenient.

I hope not. That would be a little bit too convenient like you said.

Without Tywin and Tyrion, Kings Landing is crippled.

Completely agree. This was the first thing I thought whilst watching the departure of both characters. Kings Landing has lost it's two most strategic minds. Also feel like this is the beginning of the demise of the Lannister House. So we have that to possibly look forward to next season.

Fusebox

Banned
I think Bravos is where she really wants to go, considering her path so far. Plus it's basically across the ocean from the Vale. She's not going to the wall.

I think he mentioned Braavos and she was like... "hey, I know someone over there. I'm coming".

Jaqen tells her if she ever needs to find him again, show the coin to a bravossi. It's pretty clear cut where she's going.

Thanks, thanks and thanks. No doubt now. This is way better than her going North anyway.

Good episode and fav season so far.

One random question though that popped into my head is in last seasons red wedding episode one of the starks guys got married to 1 of the twins and was taken out of the hall. Then all the starks got killed but what happened to that one guy who married a twin?

Did he dies, live happily ever after, will he return?

he was catching some air outside and escaped the slaughter. i think. if i remember correctly.

or are you talking about the one that they brought to the bed chambers? that one, we donno what happened to him.

id like to him he's been hard at work, to please his new in-laws.

Stannis coming into the true North confirms my suspicions that I have no idea about Westero's geography

I should really stop skipping the title sequence

Stannis coming into the true North confirms my suspicions that I have no idea about Westero's geography

King's Landing and Dragonstone sit along the east coast of the continent of westeros, Stannis sailed all the way along the east coast up past the wall.

demolitio

One random question though that popped into my head is in last seasons red wedding episode one of the starks guys got married to 1 of the twins and was taken out of the hall. Then all the starks got killed but what happened to that one guy who married a twin?

He was a Tully and I think he's presumed to be alive for political reasons.

UrbanRats

Just read up on a local forum, wow, so many complaints about the Brann bit. (the undead rising from the ground)

''Ugh too much fantasy''

Wut?

the magic up until that point felt a little bit more mysterious.
The fireball throwing kid was a bit too corny, imo.

I think they said he was looked up in a cell.

Facism

MY real disappointment is that from now on the CPE (cunts per episode) will decrease dramatically without the Hound :(

roytheone

Just saw the latest episode, and I am very happy that my suspicion that the episode would be a let down (based on earlier season finales) was wrong, great episode! The death of Shae and Tywin wasn't really shocking to me, because it was spoiled in some random comment section on IGN :(. But with the hound "dying", Stannis coming to the rescue, the reveal that Varys is still one of the few actually good people in the show and the Brann storyline finally becoming interesting, there was still plenty to enjoy.

I do wonder, do we know where Tyrion and Varys are going? I would guess either Dorne or Braavos, with Dorne having the highest probability. Without Tywin, kings landing will sink into chaos pretty soon, and with the Martells probably mad about Oberyn's death and the mountain's confession, it is a possibility that Tyrion/Varys could persuade the Martells to go to war. With the Martells coming from the south,Stannis coming from the North, kings landing will probably fall pretty soon. But then there is littlefinger, who i really have no idea which side he is on currently. It is going to be a long wait for season 5 :(

Cipherr

Arya lost a ton of respect in my book this episode. Not giving the hound a mercy death was so cold-blooded and the most despicable thing I've seen a Stark do this entire series.

Both Arya and her sister are just learning to play the game. Its about damn time too. The entire Stark family should long since be tired of being the fucking victims.

She's slowly becoming like the people on her own list.

She either becomes capable of the things the people on her list are, or become an honorable dead Stark piled on top of her parents and siblings corpses.

Ugh, my friend just does not care about spoilers.

His mature response to me not liking being spoiled was "God another butthurt person" followed by "Who cares the show will probably just change it anyway"

Some people are so obnoxious :\

Mario007

Just saw the latest episode, and I am very happy that my suspicion that the episode would be a let down (based on earlier season finales) was wrong, great episode! The death of Shae and Tywin wasn't really shocking to me, because it was spoiled in some random comment section on IGN :(. But with the hound "dying", Stannis coming to the rescue, the reveal that Varys is still one of the few actually good people in the show and the Brann storyline finally becoming interesting, there was still plenty to enjoy.

I do wonder, do we know where Tyrion and Varys are going? I would guess either Dorne or Braavos, with Dorne having the highest probability. Without Tywin, kings landing will sink into chaos pretty soon, and with the Martells probably mad about Oberyn's death and the mountain's confession, it is a possibility that Tyrion/Varys could persuade the Martells to go to war. With the Martells coming from the south,Stannis coming from the North, kings landing will probably fall pretty soon. But then there is littlefinger, who i really have no idea which side he is on currently. It is going to be a long wait for season 5 :(

They're going to the Free Cities, i.e. Essos.

Both Arya and her sister are just learning to play the game. Its about damn time too. The entire Stark family should long since be tired of being the fucking victims.

She either becomes capable of the things the people on her list are, or become an honorable dead Stark piled on top of her parents and siblings corpses.

There's a middle ground between being a doormat and being a stone cold psycho.

ramparter

Banned
I love it when people suddenly hate their favourite character because he didn't act like super good hero.

I like Arya more and more. She always had the will but now she's also gaining the strength. A survivor. This is what everybody needs to be right now.

Mdk7

I'm way worse than you: i look at that every single time (i love it!), yet i still didn't understand how is the geography, LOL.

Anyway, i loved the finale, and i'm super sad there's not gonna be anything GoT related for like a whole year. D:

Dragonstone is an island pretty close to King's Landing. Stannis and his bros sailed to Bravos which is in the northwest part of Essos. The "north" north and the wall is right across the narrow sea from there.

KeRaSh

King's Landing and Dragonstone sit along the east coast of the continent of westeros, Stannis sailed all the way along the east coast up past the wall.

Is it that easy to get past the wall by ship? Seems like a pretty big omission on the Knight's Watch's part...

ramparter

Banned
Interactive Map, http://quartermaester.info/

You can select chapter or episode (which makes this completely spoiler free) and shows where the characters you have selected currently (the episode you have selected) are or their complete route up to that point.

edit
Beaten of course!

Duallusion

Arya gained nothing of worth, leaving him to die a slow death there. It was a bitchy thing to do any way you cut it and it made me think less of her.
It's perfectly understandable her past experiences might turn her into a person some people won't like as much anymore

Zelias

Banned
A little sad to see Tywin go. I've never read the books so I can't compare him to his book characterization but Charles Dance was perfect in that role. His death was perfectly done though. dat karma.

It's baffling that a girl who has been fucked at every opportunity and lived through her entire family being killed might turn out to be a cold bitch as a result, especially when it involves a man that she's despised because he killed an innocent friend (amongst other things).

Truly baffling.

It's baffling that a girl who has been fucked at every opportunity and lived through her entire family being killed might turn out to be a cold bitch as a result, especially when it involves a man that she's despised because he killed an innocent friend (amongst other things).

Truly baffling.
hahah well said.

TeddyBoy

Did anyone else get a hardcore Total War vibe when the cavalry was charging into the woods?

Someone else mentioned it earlier on, but I did definitely.

I really enjoyed the finale, it hit all the right notes and there's loads of potential for the next season with what could happen with the Lannisters losing both Tywin and Tyrion.

I'm looking forward to Little Finger the most now, in season one you got the impression that the most powerful people in King's Landing were Varys, Cersi and Little Finger as they all had powerful spy networks and men they controlled in power, with Varys now gone and Cersi seemingly losing it mentally there's no one to stop Little Finger from expanding his territory outwards from the Vale and Harrenhall (I think it was early in season three but Little Finger was given Harrenhall as well).

With Tywin gone I can see Little Finger going all in to try and take the Riverlands from the Frays and maybe try to buy off the Bolton's and make them join his cause instead (and then subsequently have them killed off since they can't be trusted).

Arya didn't owe the Hound anything. Remember, she was basically a meal ticket for him. He was using her, and she knew it.

I like how the surviving Starks have lost their naivety, and are learning how to play the game in order to survive in a world where nobody can be completely trusted.

I thought it was a good season finale. I just wish it didn't have to be another year to find out what happens next.

Yonafunu

Fun fact: we're at a point in the show where if you rewatch one episode a week starting next week, you'll be done just in time for next season.

Just something to kill time.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
GIFs I made after watching this . . .

"Thriller"x GoT

thrones-thriller0olc1.gif

Happy Father's Day

thrones-happyfathersdd1bxu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom