• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the wildlings get to Castle Black in the episode before last? Isn't Castle Black behind the wall? And didn't the wildlings fail to scale the wall?

A review I saw said the book readers will pissed because there was an amazing cliffhanger that didn't happened In to episode. He didn't said what it is about?

Is it safe for us non book reader to speculate as to what it was? Or do we just rather try to forget about that in order to be actually shock next season? I don't really want to find out but I love to theorize.

How did the wildlings get to Castle Black in the episode before last? Isn't Castle Black behind the wall? And didn't the wildlings fail to scale the wall?

a group of them were south of wall for this season raping and pillaging shit. They actually attacked castle black and the wall from both sides in the battle episode, which has confused a few people.

GY7YxbG.gif

a group of them were south of wall for this season raping and pillaging shit. They actually attacked castle black and the wall from both sides in the battle episode, which has confused a few people.

Oh, I see. That makes sense. I didn't really know what was happening in that battle episode.

If Bran does end up warging a dragon, it's pretty much a guarantee that he's going to end up knocking Jaime off the top of a tower in King's Landing or somewhere. That has got to happen.

Cipherr

There's a middle ground between being a doormat and being a stone cold psycho.

Not in this universe from what I've been watching for 4 seasons. The last 2 holdouts just watched and let a man that fell off of a cliff die a slow death, and the other shot his father while he took a shit.

Its either psycho or dead doormat. Even Varys just noped out of the capital.

KeRaSh

A review I saw said the book readers will pissed because there was an amazing cliffhanger that didn't happened In to episode. He didn't said what it is about?

Is it safe for us non book reader to speculate as to what it was? Or do we just rather try to forget about that in order to be actually shock next season? I don't really want to find out but I love to theorize.

Yeah, someone who read the books mentioned that the final episode would contain something that would blow our minds. There's nothing really that I'd consider mindblowing so there actually might be something they left out.

Oh for fucks sake, I stumbled in the unmarked spoiler thread by mistake, it was my own fault and I bailed out as soon as I realised but I still spoilt myself slightly.

Does anyone else think that certain episodes this season felt rushed with the way the scenes kept jumping to different characters? I almost wish that there was more than ten episodes in a season because it seems like sometimes they try to cram too much stuff in.

theaface

Yeah, someone who read the books mentioned that the final episode would contain something that would blow our minds. There's nothing really that I'd consider mindblowing so there actually might be something they left out.

There was something missed out, but no reason it can't happen next season. Best not to speculate and just allow yourself to be surprised.

KeRaSh

There was something missed out, but no reason it can't happen next season. Best not to speculate and just allow yourself to be surprised.

Yeah, I'll just wait for the surprise. I already spilered myself about two things in the furtue, one of which would be pertty major if it turns out to be true so I'm hopeing it's one of those two just so I can cross one of my list...

Portugeezer

The finale was saved by the Lanisters. Otherwise meh.

I can already tell both the dragons will die, then the other one will come back one day and fuck shit up...

Daenerys character is shit now, she should have locked herself in the catacombs.

JB1981

I love how they just glossed our the fact about Arya not even seeing Sansa even though she made it all the way to the gate.

Arya has no idea Sansa is at the Vale.

Only thing I did not like about the Brienne/Hound encounter is that Brienne never tells Arya that she is searching for her sister Sansa. That bothered me but things escalated quickly and the rest is history

Portugeezer

Arya has no idea Sansa is at the Vale.

Only thing I did not like about the Brienne/Hound encounter is that Brienne never tells Arya that she is searching for her sister Sansa. That bothered me but things escalated quickly and the rest is history

Didn't Brienne blab about Sansa before and got some help from that fat baker kid? This time she stayed quiet for some reason.

Just keep in mind that at some point nearly every character is going to have to die for the story to resolve.

You win, or you die.
60170-Iwan-Rheon-if-you-think-this-h-dlhA.png

Yup.

Also, I don't think that her mentioning Sansa would change anything. She'd say she's looking for Sansa. Arya and the Hound would still think she is working for the Lanisters, and that Sansa escaped King's Landing. The fight still breaks out.

takriel

Well, I've read the first three books, so I pretty much knew what was coming for the first four seasons, but now I'm just like you folks, have to avoid spoilers! It's a funny feeling lol.

turtle553

Guards would normally be outside of the room you are in. Don't want people seeing the whore you're shagging.

I think Tywin had a private residence with guards outside the main entrance. Then inside was a private kitchen, study, bedrooms, etc. Tyrion came up in through the dining room and went to the bedroom and then the bathroom.

In the Blu-Ray special features it says
that the castle has tons of secret passages and the builders were all executed so nobody knows them all. Tyrion is more interested in history and books and would probably be more familiar. Especially since he was the acting hand to the king.

Arya didn't owe the Hound anything. Remember, she was basically a meal ticket for him. He was using her, and she knew it.

I like how the surviving Starks have lost their naivety, and are learning how to play the game in order to survive in a world where nobody can be completely trusted.

I thought it was a good season finale. I just wish it didn't have to be another year to find out what happens next.

See I'm still unsure about that whole interaction. Most people are taking it as Arya being cold blooded. I don't see it that way. I think she learned to respect the Hound a bit and didn't want to be the one to kill him anymore. Remember when Joffrey died? She was pissed she couldn't do it herself. I don't think she cared about whether the Hound was suffering or not. She wants to kill the people on her list personally. For her not to do that when given the opportunity means she ended up respecting him a bit in the end.

Just my opinion there..

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah, I'll just wait for the surprise. I already spilered myself about two things in the furtue, one of which would be pertty major if it turns out to be true so I'm hopeing it's one of those two just so I can cross one of my list...

The cliffhanger is pretty fuggin gigantic but I think they left it out just because they've switched so much of the order of events around that they ran out of time. They're way ahead of the book in some spots, way behind in others, and creating completely new stuff not from the book too. I don't see why they don't just add on an episode or two for the season.

UrbanRats

It's baffling that a girl who has been fucked at every opportunity and lived through her entire family being killed might turn out to be a cold bitch as a result, especially when it involves a man that she's despised because he killed an innocent friend (amongst other things).

Truly baffling.

I don't think anyone is saying that it's baffling or even out of character, just acknowledging that Arya is becoming more and more like the assholes she despises, whether she's justified or not by the circumstances.

Didn't Brienne blab about Sansa before and got some help from that fat baker kid? This time she stayed quiet for some reason.

This whole "oops i just missed you for 2 seconds" trope they kept using is really annoying.

It's alright when used ironically, but otherwise i don't like it very much, especially if used multiple times over.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't know.. the way Arya is portrayed in the show is so, so different.. so is the relationship with the Hound. The tv show makes it seem like there's a bond there but there isn't at all. They added way too many original scenes to try to get across how the Hound is really a "decent" guy when it doesn't matter anyway.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
See I'm still unsure about that whole interaction. Most people are taking it as Arya being cold blooded. I don't see it that way. I think she learned to respect the Hound a bit and didn't want to be the one to kill him anymore. Remember when Joffrey died? She was pissed she couldn't do it herself. I don't think she cared about whether the Hound was suffering or not. She wants to kill the people on her list personally. For her not to do that when given the opportunity means she ended up respecting him a bit in the end.

Just my opinion there..
Yeah I was thinking that maybe this was her way of saying that he was no longer on her list. Of course that could just mean that she has lost respect for him, and no longer thinks him worthy. I'm still hoping that the Hound survives, I wonder if he would even hold it against her, he was basically trying to teach her to be mercenary so he may be happy in a way that it stuck.

RytGear

I don't know.. the way Arya is portrayed in the show is so, so different.. so is the relationship with the Hound. The tv show makes it seem like there's a bond there but there isn't at all. They added way too many original scenes to try to get across how the Hound is really a "decent" guy when it doesn't matter anyway.

So he was a massive douche in the books? I find it odd that they change somethings and then keep others the same when they don't add up, either don't change it or make it so that it actually makes sense. I had felt that they had grown to like each other but if they didn't in the books and they had to kill him off then they should have made him more unlikeable so we understood her actions more.

I'm an expert

So he was a massive douche in the books? I find it odd that they change somethings and then keep others the same when they don't add up, either don't change it or make it so that it actually makes sense. I had felt that they had grown to like each other but if they didn't in the books and they had to kill him off then they should have made him more unlikeable so we understood her actions more.

I don't want to head into book vs show stuff but if I recall right most of the final scenes with Arya are like 3 pretty short chapters near the end of the book. You could read through them anytime you're in a book store and I think you'd see how the actions make more sense in that context. I don't think this similar kind of debate arises from the book version. From the show though, I can see how people can interpret it either way.

PSGames

I would prefer to not speculate on book spoilers. The whole reason why I avoid most things GoT except this thread.

RocBase

LMAO
get out while you still can varys!

kings landing is royally screwed now, my god. im super curious to see what the hell it'll become of now that the one guy holding it together is dead. tommen is king but that nutjob cersei will surely be the one pulling the strings, no way in hell is she going to let margery close to him – i can already see cersei just cutting off the tyrells if she doesn't kill them. honestly i think cersei is crazy enough to run kings landing to the ground that the people themselves will revolt in violence before stannis even gets there LOL

all in all, amazing finale and great season. tyrion losing it was real: killing his dad while he was in the shitters still makes me lol (even though i liked tywin), and admittedly i took some pleasure in seeing him murder shae as she was the only character next to joffery that i hated

and the little starks have truly grown, i can't wait to see how they fair in the next season

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I was wondering that too. After the King of the North said he wanted to get south, through their tunnel, then Stannis comes up and surrounds them I'm wondering how they got there. I was under the impression Snow and King guy were up above the wall and Stannis was below. If it's so easy to get around the damn wall there'd be no problem.

What did we miss here?

They just got gold from the Iron Bank a few episodes ago, and Ser Davos even had a scene in the sauna with nekkid wenches where he hired one of his old pirate friends to pilot a ship. We only really "missed" mercenaries actually embarking and disembarking the boats. It was just a few turns of Civilization that happened outside of your fog of war. It doesn't mean that the computer is cheating.

Those skeletons looked incredible too. Blockbuster quality.
Mostly. In a few shots, where they were making large movements during the fight with the girl whose name I cannot remember, there was a little jerkiness that took me out of the moment like they were done in stop-motion by Ray Harryhausen (specifically 1963's Jason and the Argonauts). That may have been done in homage to the Harryhausen style, though, rather than by mistake, or I could just be OCD about that.

besada

Banned
Just a reminder that book readers should use the other thread, and they certainly shouldn't be discussing differences between the books and the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom