• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Brienne is pretty awesome. I knew she could fight, but I never thought she was good enough to defeat The Hound. No tricks, no handicap, she just straight up beat his ass. She is now my favourite...which means she will probably die next season.

Showaddy

So Brienne is pretty awesome. I knew she could fight, but I never thought she was good enough to defeat The Hound. No tricks, no handicap, she just straight up beat his ass. She is now my favourite...which means she will probably die next season.

Nah he had that infected wound slowing him down. Wasn't a straight job.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I liked the fact that they subverted the 'Knights are to rigid and honorable to be able to win a real fight' that has been commonplace in the show.

x-Lundz-x

Quick Question for those of you that have been watching this on HBOGO, specifically on on PS3. Do you have surround sound when watching GoT? I watched the finale last night and did not have any surround sound yet it's fine for everything else. I don't see any settings in the app itself either.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
how has no one posted a gif of Jojen getting comically stabbed by a skeleton yet? I'm sure it exists....it has to.

really? shit. If someone wouldn't mind reposting, that'd be awesome.

From many pages back :

jojendead6zkgy.gif

Anyone think bran will be able to control Danys dragons with his mind?

This is my guess too. I doubt Bran went all the way to the north of the north just to learn how to warg into a crow or owl. Dragons all the way. Plus they are starting to establish that Dany can't control them on her own.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Am I the only one that got kinda taken out of the moment when the dudes from Medievil showed up? Absolutely amazing episode all in all, but damn there are so many things that have left me confused. The wait for season 5 is going to excruciating.

Am I the only one that got kinda taken out of the moment when the dudes from Medievil showed up? Absolutely amazing episode all in all, but damn there are so many things that have left me confused. The wait for season 5 is going to excruciating.

Don't know what you're talking about but I hated that the skeletons had voices. How are they vocalizing with no vocal cords? It would have been way scarier if they were totally silent.

Blader

Jojen's death was such an awkwardly put together shot. He's just sitting there when the hand reaches over and continues to just sit there as it stabs him repeatedly.

Quick Question for those of you that have been watching this on HBOGO, specifically on on PS3. Do you have surround sound when watching GoT? I watched the finale last night and did not have any surround sound yet it's fine for everything else. I don't see any settings in the app itself either.

Personally, it's a small miracle whenever HBO Go is even able to deliver a consistent low-res picture for me.

Jado

Banned
That was a ridiculous death. His sister can fight pretty good though!

It really was. I liked his character, but the way he went out it was like something behind the scenes really hated him.

-Tries to help and gets shoved down by his sister.
-Comically stabbed to death by skeleton hand.
-Gets blown up by magic grenade.

Only thing left was a wild animal passing through to eat his remains.

Anyone think bran will be able to control Danys dragons with his mind?

I think so. Dragons, more than simple-minded humans like Hodor, maybe even the white walkers. He already does the regular warg shit that half the wildling population does, so there has to be more to it.

ymmv

Banned
A review I saw said the book readers will pissed because there was an amazing cliffhanger that didn't happened In to episode. He didn't said what it is about?

Is it safe for us non book reader to speculate as to what it was? Or do we just rather try to forget about that in order to be actually shock next season? I don't really want to find out but I love to theorize.

For your sake, don't read anything about GoT on the web. Just by Googling "Game of Thrones" in the News section, you'll see a spoiler.

I wonder how Dorne reacts to Tyrion if he is heading that way. On one hand, he was indirectly responsible for Obryn dying. On the other hand, Mountain defeated Oberyn fair and square. Tyrion also killed Tywin who Dornishmen heavily suspect gave the orders to kill Elia Martell and her children.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up for Dany anytime soon. She's so far away and dealing with so many other problems that it might take years for her to make her move. To me, it's obvious that Stannis is the next king since now he'll probably get the support of the Northern houses as well and impress a lot of the Great Houses with his commitment to keep "his" realm safe. You might have some houses in the North that remain loyal to Roose Bolton if he makes a move and Littlefinger will have The Vale under his control and might use Sansa to get the North behind him as well. Basically, you have a bunch of people vying for the Houses that can bolster their legitimacy and armies.

With Tywin gone (another reason I expected him to die), the Lannisters' grip on the throne is rapidly fading and Stannis will take that shit over and bring more war to the region. I always said it would ironic and fitting of GRRM to make Tommen an actual good, peaceful king that tries to bring Westeros back together just to be overthrown by Stannis causing a bunch of shit again and then I'm also worried about Melisandre basically ruling THROUGH Stannis depending on how committed to his faith he becomes after dealing with the mythological shit up north. I always view Stannis and Melisandre as a take on some Medieval kings who were ruled by a religious official. I love Stannis and want him to keep his honor and justice so I hope that's not the case.

I just think Dany is the END END GAME if anything so it's not anything soon. She's basically chilling in Babylon while the rest are in the Americas...lol.

Speaking of Stannis. Must really suck for Roose Bolton and the Freys that Stannis just parked the mother of all armies right at their doorsteps. Plus, there's no more Tywin Lannister to make some hail mary plays. Would be interesting to see what the Tyrells do now, and with Dorne expectedly pissed, looks like the Lannisters and their buddies are in for an asswhopping next season

Don't know what you're talking about but I hated that the skeletons had voices. How are they vocalizing with no vocal cords? It would have been way scarier if they were totally silent.

I agree with you. The skeletons showing up was weird. It felt like I was suddenly watching some sci fi channel show or something.

sappyday

I really want to see what Stannis does this next season. I really like his character but I have a feeling he's just gonna die randomly

Jado

Banned
I love how they just glossed our the fact about Arya not even seeing Sansa even though she made it all the way to the gate.

Almost no one knows about Sansa being in the Eyrie. Plus it's not like they could walk a bit and expect to randomly bump into her. Look at how far away (and high up) she is from where the Hound and Arya were standing:

The_Bloody_Gate.png

neoism

man I hope there will be an episode like the last 3 minutes... <3 Arya is such an awesome character I really hope she gets more screen time next season....
Also man the actor that played The Hound <3 what an actor I really hope to see him more... I think he had the best death in the series soo far.. most definitely a shitty way to go, and I'm glad he wasn't showed dead.... Arya liked him enough not to kill him... I really doubt his dialog will be beat... RIP the hound
but yeah the director also his done a bunch of episode I really hope his the main stay director for the rest of the series...
This episode has the best pacing ever...
just sooo goood...

1 fucking year wait...
;__;

Jado

Banned
I imagine it's in a tower near the top that juts out from the main structure enough to give clearance to throw people down the moon door.

Also, found this and thought it was odd:

DOnJcqr.png

Seems like a downgrade if true.

Zalasta

One thing that bugged me was that Shae didn't yell for help in any way, not when she saw him, not during the struggle. And I'm unsure if she should have been overpowered by Tyrion...

Also man the actor that played The Hound <3 what an actor I really hope to see him more... I think he had the best death in the series soo far.. most definitely a shitty way to go, and I'm glad he wasn't showed dead.... Arya liked him enough not to kill him... I really doubt his dialog will be beat... RIP the hound

Eh...I thought it was actually rather cold of Arya not to grant him a quick death. It certainly wasn't because she liked him.

Talon

Also man the actor that played The Hound <3 what an actor I really hope to see him more... I think he had the best death in the series soo far.. most definitely a shitty way to go, and I'm glad he wasn't showed dead.... Arya liked him enough not to kill him...
You are possibly the only person in the world that interpreted the scene that way.

Deku Tree

I imagine it's in a tower near the top that juts out from the main structure enough to give clearance to throw people down the moon door.

Also, found this and thought it was odd:

DOnJcqr.png

Seems like a downgrade if true.

Different angle. Could be the same structure.

It's baffling that a girl who has been fucked at every opportunity and lived through her entire family being killed might turn out to be a cold bitch as a result, especially when it involves a man that she's despised because he killed an innocent friend (amongst other things).

Truly baffling.

To me this speaks volumes about the shows ability to make it's audience care about the morally gray. The hound was a cold blooded murderer. He was a ruthless asshole who was trying to make a buck off of Arya. Sure we got to see a little bit of his "softer side" and learned about his shitty life, but in the end he's still what he's become. When he stole the money from the father and daughter who took them in, Arya protested. She's not about hurting the innocent but the hound never made that distinction. She's full of vengeance, but that's about it.

effzee

HBO GO is that crappy for most people? I've watched the whole show using it on my 2ND generation iPad and never had problems. This was the first season I watched as it unfolded and usually watched 1-2 hours after the episode aired or the next morning. No problems ever.

Only episode 9 had some freezing in the middle but that was due to my connection crapping out.

effzee

Also the only thing the finale truly missed was an epic shot of Drogon flying somewhere when the music kicks in

AND

a scene with Maggie seducing Tommen. Every episode should have some Maggie! And I think we went 3 episodes without her at the end!

Speaking of Stannis. Must really suck for Roose Bolton and the Freys that Stannis just parked the mother of all armies right at their doorsteps. Plus, there's no more Tywin Lannister to make some hail mary plays. Would be interesting to see what the Tyrells do now, and with Dorne expectedly pissed, looks like the Lannisters and their buddies are in for an asswhopping next season

I agree with you. The skeletons showing up was weird. It felt like I was suddenly watching some sci fi channel show or something.
Tyrells I'd imagine will stay with them. They want the throne, so I see the two biggest houses being together while everyone else except the Boltons going against them. Boltons will either join the Lannisters or maybe they follow Stannis if he gives an ultimatum since he's at the North and Tywin is dead.

remember, Jojen has the ability to see the future. He knows this is where he will die... Hence his passive expression. The stabbing is a little goofy but it didn't really bother me at all.

Yeah I loved that Varys got Tyrion out of there ... thought about going back to Kings Landing and then was like ... nope ... fuck that, this place is toast.

Kings Landing is basically gutted now. You have no hand, a boy king, a one handed captain of the kings guard, a royal pain in the ass woman with no real power who somehow seems to be the most powerful person in kings landing now, a Miracle Max wannabe in Kings Landing trying to revive the Mountain, and the crown is basically owned by the Iron Bank.

Such a good situation going on in the capital. All thanks to those glorious lannisters. All hail the lannisters and their ability to F stuff up.

I wonder how Dorne reacts to Tyrion if he is heading that way. On one hand, he was indirectly responsible for Obryn dying. On the other hand, Mountain defeated Oberyn fair and square. Tyrion also killed Tywin who Dornishmen heavily suspect gave the orders to kill Elia Martell and her children.

I don't see how Tyrion is even indirectly responsible. Oberyn volunteered. Yes, he died fighting for Tyrion...but it's not like Tyrion begged the guy.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
remember, Jojen has the ability to see the future. He knows this is where he will die... Hence his passive expression. The stabbing is a little goofy but it didn't really bother me at all.
When he got stabbed I yelled out, "Whaaat? No! Today is not the day you die!"

:(

Also, we need Jojen to bring the show back on book canon! I guess that's why the stupid showrunners offed him. :(

PFD

Can we start discussing endgame though? We should be nearing the end of things right? Maybe 2 seasons left? Dany has to make it to the iron throne by next season right? And with Sansa going darkside who knows what havoc her and Littlefinger will reek on the kingdom.Fuck so many things happening! Maybe 3 more seasons.

Keep reek out of this. The poor guy has had enough

neoism

You are possibly the only person in the world that interpreted the scene that way.

nah I've yet to see Arya kill anyone, she didn't hate. He was on her list but still didn't do it... he had many days and nights he could have killed or raped her... same with her she could have killed him in the night... but didn't. Hound as much as I loved the character.... he did deserve what he got... lol Never even cared about whats her face... but the hound started it and she just got lucky.... at least he got to shit before he died... :D I guess it's the way it was shot and with the boss acting it was just and awesome end to an awesome character and it lets one of my fav character's do her thang.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom