• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

Finally got around to seeing the Comic-Con panel. Wow, that was much worse than I remember last year's one being. Craig Ferguson is annoying as hell and some of the audience questions were utter nonsense. I guess you're automatically gimped if Tyrion doesn't show up. The only good thing was how ridiculously good looking Sophie Turner was.

'Game of Thrones' Season 5 actor JJ Murphy dies
The Irish actor passed away on Friday at age 86, after collapsing suddenly. Murphy had been cast as
Ser Denys Mallister
at the end of July and was due to shoot further scenes for the show's fifth season. It is not yet known whether producers will cast another actor in the part or rewrite the scenes that Murphy had been set to film.
I don't know what is considered spoiler....

have pictures of the prince instead:

1749.1ad2deef3f657e6de5a83a921bcaf962.jpg

qqPwi5S.png

omg *___*

all of my ovaries *___*

ALL OF IT

the one with the sailormoon wand *___* i dont understand how he can hold that pink thing and still manage to be super hawt

i dont... i dont understand ....*____*

So I finally was able to visit the Gateway Arch in Saint Louis, which is 630 feet above the ground. The Wall in Game of Thrones is said to be 700 feet tall. I took this pic:
If you look closely, you can see people chilling on the lawn. It really instilled in me a sense of scale of what The Wall is supposed to be. All in all, I'm pleased with the show's portrayal of The Wall but the idea of an arrow (even though it was shot from a giant) reaching that height seems nuts.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So I finally was able to visit the Gateway Arch in Saint Louis, which is 630 feet above the ground. The Wall in Game of Thrones is said to be 700 feet tall. I took this pic:

If you look closely, you can see people chilling on the lawn. It really instilled in me a sense of scale of what The Wall is supposed to be. All in all, I'm pleased with the show's portrayal of The Wall but the idea of an arrow (even though it was shot from a giant) reaching that height seems nuts.
I had the same problem so I just chose to believe there are less than 12 inches in a foot in Westeros. :p

Gila

Did you take a piss?

I have never posted in this thread because I only started watching GoT recently and am still going through season 3.
I just need to say this before I burst: this show is blowing my fucking mind! I can't believe how fucking good it is. I mean, wow...
I just finished watching "And now his watch ended" and my jaw is on the fucking floor.
I'd rather have the violence towned down just a bit and of course at this point I'm expecting every female character to be naked 5 minutes after being introduced, but aside from that I'm blown away by how many amazing characters this show has and by how it constantly defies my expectations.
They're all so well written and acted and some character arcs are downright amazing. Looking at where Daenerys was at the start of this show and where she was right at the end of this episode I just watched...
And don't get me started on Tyrion, he might just be my favorite character ever. The way he effortlessly puts Joffrey in his place is just priceless.

So yeah, I'm impressed lol. Can't wait to finish S4 and actually being able to join a discussion.

todd360

I have never posted in this thread because I only started watching GoT recently and am still going through season 3.
I just need to say this before I burst: this show is blowing my fucking mind! I can't believe how fucking good it is. I mean, wow...
I just finished watching "And now his watch ended" and my jaw is on the fucking floor.
I'd rather have the violence towned down just a bit and of course at this point I'm expecting every female character to be naked 5 minutes after being introduced, but aside from that I'm blown away by how many amazing characters this show has and by how it constantly defies my expectations.
They're all so well written and acted and some character arcs are downright amazing. Looking at where Daenerys was at the start of this show and where she was right at the end of this episode I just watched...
And don't get me started on Tyrion, he might just be my favorite character ever. The way he effortlessly puts Joffrey in his place is just priceless.

So yeah, I'm impressed lol. Can't wait to finish S4 and actually being able to join a discussion.

Then you will end up reading the books and joining the long wait with us.

Nev

Banned
How, why and when did they decide that they needed to recast Daario with such a generic, uncharismatic guy?

Worst thing of Season 4 along with Tywin's death and, yet again, Sam and his annoying girlfriend. I don't read the books, but I really hope they both die soon so they can free the show from their boring, worthless, stupid scenes. What a way to destroy episodes.

How, why and when did they decide that they needed to recast Daario with such a generic, uncharismatic guy?

Worst thing of Season 4 along with Tywin's death and, yet again, Sam and his annoying girlfriend. I don't read the books, but I really hope they both die soon so they can free the show from their boring, worthless, stupid scenes. What a way to destroy episodes.
God, yes. Anytime these two appeared on screen I snoozed off. My immediate thought was "Who the fuck cares?! Get off the stage!" They're so awful that I'm confident they'll stick around for a while. That's how it goes with terrible characters.

So I got sick about a month ago and spend a few days in bed. I had just signed up with Xfinity and figured it was time.

WOW.

what an amazing show! I don't know how you guys can do it with so much time between episodes. I guess we will find out in season 5.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
So I got sick about a month ago and spend a few days in bed. I had just signed up with Xfinity and figured it was time.

WOW.

what an amazing show! I don't know how you guys can do it with so much time between episodes. I guess we will find out in season 5.

Welcome to the club, homie.

From here, prepare for a super emotional rollercoaster.

aravuus

WOW.

You don't even know what I'd give to be able to time travel to the day the last episode airs. I'd lock myself in for a week and watch every single season back to back.

I'd take it to insanely unhealthy levels, I'm sure.

Yeah, couldn't stay away for long, after a couple of days to recover from the red wedding I'm back for more.
Watching Joffrey die was so satisfying, he should've suffered way more but you can't have everything.

On a slightly unrelated note, casting Maisie Williams for Ellie in the TLOU movie would make me go from "don't care" to "hyped as hell". Funnily enough there are some parallels between her arc at this point of GoT and TLOU.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm tempted to look at it just to get it over with, but maybe not. I'm just curious of what it is.

No Emmy wins for Game of Thrones. Wasn't expecting any, really, but the fan in me was rooting for them. Not that I really even care about Emmy's...Big Bang Theory and shit is winning awards out there.

J-Rod

This shit is five months ago, but I am still sulking and brooding over Tywin being gone. When Joffery died, people were slobbering about missing him and about how good the actor was before episode even ended. But Dance as Tywin killed it from the very first scene when he was skinning that deer all the way through to the end. Even being evil as fuck and trying to kill the fan favorite, he was like able and charismatic as fuck. A belated RIP Tywin, for having your shit together and being a badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom