• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I agree it was a fantastic character and a fantastic performance...but fuck Tywin. It was a fitting end for the man who orchestrated the red wedding. Just hope Roose Bolton is next.

Nameless

Does it also involve stabbing pregnant women lol?

3oxPPFI.jpg

Nameless

Bran's going to look like Bronn a year from now. Wouldn't be mad, or surprised quite frankly, if they recast the character.

Don't know whether this is allowed in here or not, but I will spoiler tag and remove if requested. It pertains to Season 5.

I can understand why if it's following the flow of the books, but from what I can tell the next two books happens remotely on the same timeline going the same amount of distance (time-wise). Could be wrong since I just started Dance of Dragons.

Don't click if you don't want to be semi spoiled, not really, but better safe than sorry. It's in direct relation to the quote

Alpende

Don't know whether this is allowed in here or not, but I will spoiler tag and remove if requested. It pertains to Season 5.

Don't know how I feel about this.
They introduced The Children and they looked interesting, I hope this doesn't mean we get to see more of them in season 6, why introduce them to Bran and Hodor in season 4 then?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Regarding the stuff above.
That's disappointing. Bran is my favorite character and I was excited to see where his arc goes from here. But I guess that's probably some end game shit so it's not surprising he'd be put on hold for now. Still, not once in an entire season? Damn.

KorrZ

Regarding the posts above...

Seems kind of silly that the very first time Bran's story gets interesting for a change they decide to remove him for a full season...Not that I'm necessarily complaining because quite frankly he was the least interesting sub-plot for me to date, but it looked like it was just about to get intriguing! Oh well! Bring on the Kings Landing scummyness.

Nameless

I'm fine with it for no other reason than we'll be spared the endless bitching about
Bran's storyline for a year. It's also pretty routine for characters to disappear for a season on this show. With all the extra time we'll presumably be spending in Essos, there's definitely some narrative value in stepping away from another 'disconnected' storyline as well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fuck. I know there is something going on, but I've been afraid to unspoiler.

How spoilery is the spoilers?

Calling it a spoiler is a reach. Basically, it's just a character that will not be present in the next season. Not for any reason in particular, at least that we're aware of.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Essos will get a lot more interesting now that Tyrion, the Spider and Arya are on their way over. Really excited to see where those plotlines go. It's always felt so disconnected with it being 100% focused on Daenerys but that's about to change.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Fuck. I know there is something going on, but I've been afraid to unspoiler.

How spoilery is the spoilers?
It's so unspoilery that I was "spoiled" by an article on The Verge about this so-called non-spoiler. It was in the article title. You'll hear about it sooner or later. Basically what Snuggles said.
It's just a couple characters who won't be on the show again until season 6. (Apparently their story arc isn't big until the second half of the book.)

Vagabundo

Okay. Good. Thanks for the info.

It's real tough staying spoiler free on this show. There are many many people just itching to let you know some juicy plot point.

Okay. Good. Thanks for the info.

It's real tough staying spoiler free on this show. There are many many people just itching to let you know some juicy plot point.

And it's made worse by filming news being discussed by media outlets, spoiling various things. Others have mentioned the TMZ thing (which is also on HuffPo and Buzzfeed) and I think more will come. Be careful bros.

dLMN8R

Yeah there aren't any plot points given away here, just indications of certain plot threads that probably won't be touched on again until the season after this one.

kingkitty

My facebook trending feed told me about the casting news/mild spoiler. But I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
In fact, the news made me happy. Bran sucks.

Vagabundo

And it's made worse by filming news being discussed by media outlets, spoiling various things. Others have mentioned the TMZ thing (which is also on HuffPo and Buzzfeed) and I think more will come. Be careful bros.

Another thing to watch for: android phones do some sort of google news summary, google knows I like game of thrones and tries to throw a random spoiler my way that has cropped in the news.

What's really shitty is people putting the spoiler in the article title...and then having the audacity to put a "spoilers below a break" warning in the article when they already threw the spoiler in the title.

eyeless

that's a shame about
bran. i like bran's storyline, dunno why some find it boring, i'm happy to see a scene with him whenever it comes up, they stop in with him a bit every once in a while and i like that.
better that though i think than what they did with theon, feeling like they have to include him so they drag out over two seasons him doing very little. more room for other stuff since there's always stuff cut out from the books. i would have taken some more scenes of cut book stuff over a few of the scenes of him being endlessly tortured.

FYI, just saw an article title on EW.com, I'm sure the article will contain some kind of spoiler (didn't click) but even the title might be a little leading, so be warned.

foxtrot3d

Banned
FYI, just saw an article title on EW.com, I'm sure the article will contain some kind of spoiler (didn't click) but even the title might be a little leading, so be warned.

If you're talking about
"Charles Dance commenting on S5 role"
it's not really a spoiler,
just him confirming he'll have some role next season whether that may be just as a deceased body or in some flashback we dont know.

It's just more casting news. Still the wisest policy is to just bury your head in the sand until the next season is out.

jetsetrez

Man, seriously, what is the best way to get into this series economically without pirating? I really want to finally get into it, but christ every option is so expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom