• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Sorry if I alarmed anyone. I didn't realize my last post would end up on the top of a new page. As Fuzzy said, by "the book", I meant the Inside HBO's Game of Thrones book.
9780575093140_Z.jpg

It turns outs the show runners got pranked themselves by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

IGN: At the end of ‘Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones’ you show us a couple of very amusing fake script pages that were given to the actors as a prank; one from Season 1 for Jon Snow and one from Season 2 for Theon. Do you think this tradition carry on into Season 3?

Cogman: You know, I don't think it's happening this season. At least, not so far. I fear everyone's too aware of the last couple of pranks. I think the guys are giving it a rest for now, but you never know. There was actually another prank that was featured in the book which I had to cut for space, but in this one David and Dan were the victims. Midway through production of Season One, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) convinced the guys he'd shaved his head -- losing Jaime's distinctive golden locks. He emailed them a photo with this new haircut and said it felt right for the character. D&D freaked out -- I think HBO might have been alerted, can't remember -- but in any case, it was all a joke. The pic was from a few years before.

Kickz

So over Thanksgiving break I decided to watch this and ended up seeing all 4 seasons over that weekend. Really well done, the worst parts of the show is the Targaryan girl, she needs to meet her end soon.

One thing I think they could do with out is the excessive sex scenes and occasional over the top violence, almost like there is some kind of quota HBO needs filled to qualify to be on their network... I don't think the show would skip a beat if these things were a touch toned down.

Backing the true king; Stannis Baratheon

TheOddOne

- EW: 'Game of Thrones' season 5 'mystery' special details revealed
Has a pre-season TV promo special ever generated so much speculation? The media was abuzz over recent rumors that HBO was planning a Game of Thrones special planned for February. I09 and The Wrap called it “mysterious.” Vulture called it “cryptic.”

Now we can finally reveal what this mystery-crypto special is actually all about.

The special is titled Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life. It’s a half-hour documentary that covers one day of season 5 production on three different Thrones sets in three different countries – Belfast, Northern Ireland; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Sevilla and Osuna, Spain. The special follows key crew members and promises to highlight “the epic sets, renowned cast and global scale of Thrones, as well as the more intimate and individual challenges of our subjects, giving the audience a new perspective on one of the most elaborate productions in television history.”

A Day in the Life debuts February 8, at 7:30 p.m. In the meantime, you can get your Thrones fix by checking out the fantasy hit on the big screen in IMAX theaters starting Jan. 29, here’s more details and a link to the current theater list. Thrones returns for season 5 on April 12.

KorrZ

Holy crap that looks so amazing! Not like I expected anything less but guhhhh. I wish they released this show like Netflix so I could binge watch all 10 hours in pure bliss.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I know we're not supposed to talk about books(I wouldn't dare asking this in the book thread, so many spoilers in there), but anyone know if, at the end of season 5, the TV show will finally have catch up to the books? Or do we still have to wait for season 6 or 7?

-griffy-

Banned
I know we're not supposed to talk about books(I wouldn't dare asking this in the book thread, so many spoilers in there), but anyone know if, at the end of season 5, the TV show will finally have catch up to the books? Or do we still have to wait for season 6 or 7?

I can PM you the answer.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
That's a good question. No spoilers but how many more seasons about do we have left before we've finished the currently existing book content?

Edit: Can you PM me too if you ned to, -griffy-? Thanks.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So what are the chances that the white walkers, foreshadowed in the very opening of season 1 play any kind of significant role in Season 5?

Kickz

40 hours of television over a 96 hour period?

Jeez that's a lot of TV!

Yessir, I literally slept/GameofThrones. Although it was a bit exaggerated as I think it took me like 10 days.

Anyways anyone else hopin Dragon girl gets offed soon, atleast gets a severley reduced role so we don't have to suffer her scenes.

Moar Stannis Baratheon plz, the True King

I refuse to watch it, it's too far off still. I don't think my body is ready and the withdrawal might be too much.

Great to see such positive feedback though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So what are the chances that the white walkers, foreshadowed in the very opening of season 1 play any kind of significant role in Season 5?

Considering they've been walking toward the Wall since the end of Season 2... they have to be getting close now. That or they're too busy making White Walker babies.

Akim

Banned
I don't know if this is taboo. Wasn't there a list of people you could PM regarding the books to answer questions? I haven't read, but I wanted to know something without being spoiled in the other thread.

I don't know if this is taboo. Wasn't there a list of people you could PM regarding the books to answer questions? I haven't read, but I wanted to know something without being spoiled in the other thread.
Yes, there's a list in the OP.

If any book readers want to be added to that list, send me a PM and let me know.

Let's try and stay on track here, and book readers are again reminded to use the other thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom