• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
"Well, it becomes consensual by the end" Must be the reveal for next week. Cause no one understands that interpretation.

The scene seemed out of character for both of them. Cersei always seemed to dominating or has too much of a take "no bullshit" attitude to allow a goddamn rape to happen. Least not without a fight. It also seemed a like a 180 for Jaime who was being built as a sympathetic character.

I don't think so. I think that scene painted the ugliness of that relationship that most people have seen from both characters.

a lot of people, fallen to his charm lol, have forgotten how much of a shitty guy Jaime is, after one season...

And Cersei has a dominant attitude towards people under her or uncontrollably hates.

Azih

Yeah if the intent of the director was for Cersei to initially resist due to being next to Joffery's dead body..... quickly giving way to yay fun sexytimes then that scene was horribly horribly shot and failed to convey that at all. Really it'll only not seem like outright rape based on how Cersei behaves in the next episode.

Curufinwe

Wine is red, and Sansa's necklace crystals were light blue, but the other two, fine.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Game-Thrones-Wedding-1071454.aspx

Following last season's brutally violent Red Wedding, HBO's Game of Thrones will present another colorful — and potentially tragic — marriage ceremony when Season 4 premieres in spring 2014.

"It's going to be the wedding of the year, and as memorable in its own way as our wedding last season," promises the books' author, George R.R. Martin, of the marriage of King Joffrey Baratheon (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer). "It's what the fans call the Purple Wedding, based on the color of the wine, which plays a big part."

Minion101

Banned
Yeah if the intent of the director was for Cersei to initially resist due to being next to Joffery's dead body..... quickly giving way to yay fun sexytimes then that scene was horribly horribly shot and failed to convey that at all. Really it'll only not seem like outright rape based on how Cersei behaves in the next episode.

Maybe they F for hours after that.

Nameless

I seem to recall Varys saying that all Littlefinger lacks is an army, so if he can secure the Iron Banks support; and crucially - now that he has Sansa by his side, then he has a 'legitimate' and strong claim to the Throne.

Shameless Requote from earlier in the thread.

The Chaos speech was Little Finger speaking as honestly as we've seen. He says it to Varys because Varys is the one person who realizes the scope of his ambition. Baelish has Harrenhall, he's about to make a play for The Vale, if he can pry Sansa away from Lannisters (which he almost did) that would give him the North and he'll be well on his way toward fulfilling his quest for 'all there is'.

I didn't consider the possibility of Baelish posturing for the support of the Iron Bank himself, nice theory, it makes a ton of sense. King Littlefinger is a strong possibility

Nameless

Reading back over the last few pages I honestly don't get the complaints claiming Dany is wasting time, or listlessly twiddling her thumbs through the desert. Freeing slaves has been an integral part of her arc since season one, directly responsible for her greatest losses and triumphs. Beyond the sentimental motivations what she's doing is strategically brilliant, bolstering her ranks while allowing her untested army to amass invaluable battle experience.

Dragons are a big deal but dragons aren't invincible, and her's are half sized. The show hasn't been shy about letting us know it could take years before they're fully grown. As they age, what better use of her time than to build a military force large and seasoned enough to realistically contend with the armies of the Seven Kingdoms? Further, given the state Westeros, starving & war torn with more threats looming, as stories of Daenerys' exploits drift across the Narrow Sea how long will it be before the people look to her as a saviour, and begin pining for the Dragon Queen to take the Iron Throne?

Linius

I don't care too much about her story at this point. But I also don't feel like it's a waste of time. She'll be coming to Westeros eventually and we need to know who she is and what's her story.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't care too much about her story at this point. But I also don't feel like it's a waste of time. She'll be coming to Westeros eventually and we need to know who she is and what's her story.

Unless she gets killed before reaching Westeros. In this show, nothing surprise me.

Linius

Unless she gets killed before reaching Westeros. In this show, nothing surprise me.

That every character can be killed is clear by now. But if Dany dies before she makes an impact in the throne competition it better be a damn good scene. Because if that happens it will feel like a waste of time and a build up to nothing :p

Wait, the Red Wedding is called "Red Wedding" in the show ? Why ? I thought this is what fans were calling it, because a lot of blood was shed or something.

Wait, the Red Wedding is called "Red Wedding" in the show ? Why ? I thought this is what fans were calling it, because a lot of blood was shed or something.

I think it's just one of the few moments the show is allowed to go meta. "Red Wedding" became such a popular name for it that even the characters on the show call it that.

TheYanger

Nah that one was a legitimate name in the world of Westeros for the event. Purple Wedding is a fan invention is my understanding.

Rur0ni

Put me in the camp of "it's complicated" with regard to Jamie and Cersei. I didn't really feel like I was watching rape, so much as a struggle between two very involved complicated characters. Like I think the actor said in what was quoted earlier, he needed to get through to her. That was difficult to film I'm sure. I wonder how they'll revisit that subject between them in the next episode.

I actually felt a bit sad as she was saying "our son", seeing their interaction.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah Frey said it was called the Red Wedding
I think there might be a chapter called it in the book, but thats not really relevant

The Purple Wedding is definitely a fan made thing though

Joffrey's death has obviously had a large impact on the central characters, but it doesn't feel like we've seen its effects on the rest of the world. I hope there's some kind of coronation scene for Tommen so we can see a big crowd going through it.

neoism

Tywin dragging Joffrey's legacy next to his corpse.

Jamie raping Cersei next to their son's dead corpse.

I'm just screaming at the way Joffrey keeps getting defiled even after death.

meh he deserved worse... I didn't even mind Jamie fucking Cersei lol Jamie gives no fucks Joffrey was garbage and got off too easy.

wildfire

Banned
Next week's episode actually starts with them updating their FB profiles to reflect that.

I hope so. This scene has been so much of distraction for everything else they were trying to get across in this episode such as the theme of protection, who can give it and who has it.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Next week's episode actually starts with them updating their FB profiles to reflect that.

Talking of, there is actually a site that does recaps of the episodes in the style of Facebook
Episode 1
Episode 2

There aren't any spoilers in the recap but make sure you don't read any comments because people are dicks :)

blurrygil

While skimming about halfway through the thread, I stumbled upon this. So put mount my head above the gates if already posted:

RISK! The GoT version. This would actually be pretty awesome

You know there's this?

(Which is incredibly awesome as well, I've got it)

game-of-thrones.jpg

Juz

Loved the Dany scene at the end. God damn badass.

Also I like the new Daario. At least he doesn't look like a dick like the old one.

spirity

I hope that doesn't happen. I want to see 3 big dragons going apeshit over Westeros.

I can handle all the characters being killed off. But if I'm denied my apeshit dragons scenario, I'm going to be really, really mad.

How do people not like the Essos scenes!? Is building an army, freeing enslaved cities, living in friendzone hell, throwing knives into horse's eyes then decapitating the rider somehow not entertaining?

If I make one concession it's that her arc needs a villain this season. Put the king of Mereen out there to be a real dick to Dany or something.

Linius

I hope that doesn't happen. I want to see 3 big dragons going apeshit over Westeros.

I can handle all the characters being killed off. But if I'm denied my apeshit dragons scenario, I'm going to be really, really mad.

But that CGI is expensive!

Dude I am so happy Little Finger is back in the fold. Every line he speaks all of his inflections are really a work of genus.

I hope you all see it too.

StuBurns

Banned
I hope so. This scene has been so much of distraction for everything else they were trying to get across in this episode such as the theme of protection, who can give it and who has it.
"The contents of a man's letters are more valuable than the contents of his purse."

It's basically their business model.

Littlefinger once again proving to be the greatest character in this show I hope he ends up ruling them all clearly a man aware of the type of world in which he lives

Linius

I wonder what will happen to Bronn by the way. Only thing that was mentioned is that he's under investigation. Bronn, Pod and Tyrion were all three great characters.

StuBurns

Banned
I wonder what will happen to Bronn by the way. Only thing that was mentioned is that he's under investigation. Bronn, Pod and Tyrion were all three great characters.
It's probably the best thing about GoT, the normal rules of TV don't apply. Normally there is no way a TV show would kill Tyrion, because Dinklage is probably the star of the show, but because it's a book, anyone is fair game.

Linius

It's probably the best thing about GoT, the normal rules of TV don't apply. Normally there is no way a TV show would kill Tyrion, because Dinklage is probably the star of the show, but because it's a book, anyone is fair game.

Yeah, there's no way writers can alter the script because a certain actor on the show all of a sudden is a crowds favourite. It is what it is. We must be prepared to say goodbye to our favourite characters every week, that's kind of depressing :p

Yeah, there's no way writers can alter the script because a certain actor on the show all of a sudden is a crowds favourite. It is what it is. We must be prepared to say goodbye to our favourite characters every week, that's kind of depressing :p

I love it. It makes every episode so tense. You never know when a knife will come out of the dark. It's what made 24 so exciting. The opposite ruined Heroes by never making characters die and cheapening the impact of character deaths.

Demon Ice

Banned
Lets all forgive Jaime. The universe clearly owed him a rape after he lost his hand preventing one.

Er...the post you're quoting says nothing about what Jaime did being forgivable. It says it's in line with his character, which it is, because we are talking about a man who attempted to murder a 10 year old by throwing them out a window, and murdered his own cousin in cold blood as part of an escape attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom