• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

- dat cersei backfire
- thank god bronn lived
- stannis is for sure sacrificing his daughter
- Ramsay is the true king of the seven kingdoms, Reek is forever Reek, nothing can turn him back to Theon.

And where is Varys, is he tapping his foot at that brothel wondering what is taking Tyrion so long? :p

Yeah, true, he'd be in a dungeon too. It's just best to get the heck out of there until maybe Stanis or Dany gets there and root out those guys.

I guess a Dornish cell is better than a dungeon under the Red Keep

botty

Banned
Suffer, bitch.

200.gif

- dat cersei backfire
- thank god bronn lived
- stannis is for sure sacrificing his daughter
- Ramsay is the true king of the seven kingdoms, Reek is forever Reek, nothing can turn him back to Theon.

If Stannis sacrifices his daughter it will trump every single loss we've endured so far, he fucking better not. I don't think he will though.

Reek is definitely forever Reek, what a fucking idiot.

Also, Sam getting that ass.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
This season is weak as fuck. I still don't even understand why the fuck The Seven have any real power

As long as they get rid of Cersei they can do whatever they want. Hell just kill her and end the show. I'd be happy.

Ploid 3.0

And where is Varys, is he tapping his foot at that brothel wondering what is taking Tyrion so long? :p

I guess a Dornish cell is better than a dungeon under the Red Keep

I was thinking that same thing. I would have no problems using the cell they kept him in as a actual room. Looks very comfortable. The cells the Sand Snakes and Bronn was in though, not so much.

Yeah, you'd think he would have gotten there well before Jorah and Tyrion.

I still don't even understand why the fuck The Seven have any real power

At this point, neither do I. Are their numbers just massive or what? It definitely is the weakest part of this season because it seems, well, impossible.

iNvid02

This season is weak as fuck. I still don't even understand why the fuck The Seven have any real power

cersei just handed it to them thinking she would elegantly outmanoeuvre the tyrells when in reality she is fuck drunk and just knocked the whole chess board over

i guess she thought the armed faith loonies would be enough protection and abandoned the kings guard somewhat

Well presumably they are more popular with the people at large than the people in power. What was interesting was dude's discussion on the history of the seven kingdoms, which seems to indicate there was an era prior that was much more prosperous and just than the one that exists now (it was probably obvious before, but I don't pay that much attention to the character's discussion of the world at large).

Salmonax

Cersei aligning with the High Sparrow always seemed so moronic, even for her. This show is a lot less satisfying when major players like Cersei and Dany are playing the game poorly.

Griss

After a run of mediocre to terrible episodes, they turn it around with one of the best in two years. Absolutely fantastic almost from start to finish. Everything I love about game of thrones was in there. The different political moves being made all over the place were incredible. Watching Littlefinger, Olenna and the Sparrow making moves and throwing threats in different meetings while dunce Cersei sat in the middle emasculating her son and taunting her rival as if she'd 'won' was just incredible. Cersei's slow look of realisation at the end was great.

Sam's scenes were great too. Everything was great! I can finally be a positive poster in this thread again!

BTM

After a run of mediocre to terrible episodes, they turn it around with one of the best in two years. Absolutely fantastic almost from start to finish. Everything I love about game of thrones was in there. The different political moves being made all over the place were incredible. Watching Littlefinger, Olenna and the Sparrow making moves and throwing threats in different meetings while dunce Cersei sat in the middle emasculating her son and taunting her rival as if she'd 'won' was just incredible. Cersei's slow look of realisation at the end was great.

Sam's scenes were great too. Everything was great! I can finally be a positive poster in this thread again!

I wouldn't say there were any terrible episodes this season. Terrible scenes maybe, but not entire episodes. But yea, this episode was fantastic and hopefully the final 3 are of this quality.

Curufinwe

Cersei getting her comeuppance was beautiful. Jonathan's Price's death stare was magnificent.

I just hope Ramsey's comes before the end of the season.

I was anticipating an opinion from you and was worried you would say it sucked, at which point I was going to say you were blinded by the hate train, lol. I'm glad you liked it. It was an incredible episode with amazing pacing, and great story telling.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Bronn won lol.
Looks like he is gonna stay in Dorne.

foresaw Cersei getting captured a whole episode ago. she dug her own grave. It's going to be fun watching her comeback though.

just glad their moving the story forward overall. thought they was gonna keep dragging shit out.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Because there have been a bunch of ineffectual idiots in power for a long while now. We've already seen the 'people' ready to kill Joffrey, Cersei just gave them a figure head and a cause and weapons.

TheContact

Bronn won lol.

foresaw Cersei getting captured a whole episode ago. she dug her own grave. It's going to be fun watching her comeback though.

just glad their moving the story forward overall. thought they was gonna keep dragging shit out.

What makes you think she will have a comeback? I hope she rots

Curufinwe

They have power because Cersei dismissed the old Septim, installed the fanatic and presumably told her henchmen to leave them alone

Yup. Well armed, well organized, religious fundamentalists who appeal to the poor masses quickly gaining power is not some kind of unbelievable fantasy.

Ploid 3.0

Leave it to Game of Thrones to have boner activated poison.

I was thinking that she was trying to get the poison to circulate through his body faster with the heart rate increase. "Look away Bronn!" It's good she did that though, he probably wouldn't have gotten the antidote if the conversation and singing didn't start.

Curufinwe

Bronn won lol.

A few weeks ago I was sure Tyrion wouldn't get to Dany until the very end of the season. I'm glad I was wrong.

Ramsey's face when Sansa pointed out he was a bastard legitimized by another bastard was priceless.

Fantastic episode, pretty much every storyline delivered with the Jorah/Tyrion/Dany one being the highlight. Oh how I do love watching Lady Olenna sass her way around the Seven Kingdoms as well. Still have issues with what they're doing in Winterfell at the moment but I'm hoping that it's all leading to something.
From what I've seen in the previews I'm quietly confident that it will but you never know with this show.

Ridli

I'm gonna have to rewatch this episode, specifically to get another look at that aside between Ser Alliser and Sam. I'm trying to figure out if it's more threat or warning. Probably both.

BTM

i dont know why people don't realize they should just hire faceless men

probably a better option than empowering a sect of religious zealots

Do you really "hire" faceless men? I don't think it's as easy as knocking on the door and asking them to do stuff for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom