• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

Lannister guards haven't been allowed into the Sept for quite a while now. The faith militant have had it on lock down for several episodes but you somehow didn't notice. But sure, it's the season that's stupid.

So they're just standing outside the citadel now being like "what the fuck is taking her so long?"

This season is getting stupid. Did the Lannister guards just vanish into thin air? I'm glad the snake chick carries around an antidote just in case she slashes someone she likes!

Cercie was stupid enough to go into the Faith Militant teritory without backup.

After the King pussied out, I doubt any Kings Guards/Lanister Guards would go into that territory.

She fucked up and over exteneded her hand. House Lanister is pretty much dead at this point, the only one holding it together was her father.

Not even The Rains of Castamere can save the house, they are proper fucked.

sangreal

Well they haven't talked strategy on how to move forward or to build a bigger army, getting ships and weapobs, or training the dragons at all. All they have been doing is some bullshit geopolitical issues in the city between the slaves and owners and tradition n bullshit, oh wow so amazing. How about we go back to the primary objective?

she gave a speech a few seasons about how nobody would support her in Westeros and she needs to prove herself by 'doing what queens do: rule' or something like that

She has certainly not proved herself a good ruler yet

Until the end this was another dumb episode. They went full retard with Sansa's story. How is Roose not jumping all over Ramsay for what he is doing to his wife and his only chance to gain favor with the northern families? If it gets out that Sansa is beaten and broken by her husband how would that do anything except unfurlate the northern families further? Makes no sense.

How could Cersei not see this coming? Her own incest cousin is a member of this group. She damn near flat told the high septum during one of their first meetings that she was a great sinner. How could she be at all surprised after the actual queen is taken for trials.

And good god. I won't even start with the Dorne pile of shit of a storyline. It's just shit, makes damn near no sense at all and has nothing interesting about it. Oh wow the sand girl has nice breasts. Big whoop.

And was I the only one shaking my head at the whole Stannis thing? How many times did he say he needed to leave before he got caught in the snows just to leave and immediately get caught by the snows. How convenient.

Just so bad on so many levels. Not a single storyline going on right now that is actually good. And that pitfight was yet again another horribly choreographed sequence.

Why the hell would Dany consider Tyrion Lannister a gift? She doesn't even know who he is and if anything would think of him as a potential enemy not someone for whom to be her counselor.

Just. Oh man. So bad right now. Not sure what can save it at this point.

Curufinwe

lol Cersei. This is what happens with Rick Santorum wins!

Didn't love how they made Sansa's scene with Theon about Theon, but I'm also happy to see her asserting more power, even if she has none at the moment (which like, give her some fucking agency and let her kill Ramsay). But what did Sansa grab? A stake? Then she'll definitely do it.

This was the best episode of the season, by far.

Looked like a corkscrew to me. Perfect for removing wine corks or someone's eyeball.

Well they haven't talked strategy on how to move forward or to build a bigger army, getting ships and weapobs, or training the dragons at all. All they have been doing is some bullshit geopolitical issues in the city between the slaves and owners and tradition n bullshit, oh wow so amazing. How about we go back to the primary objective?

I don't think her goal is to just rule because she wants to rule. I think she genuinely wants to be a good ruler and considering there has been turmoil over lands that she rules, she wants to secure those regions before moving forward. It happened before, when she left (can't remember the name) slavers took over the city again.

What's the point of taking over a city if it just goes back to the way it was once she leaves?

Man, peoeple are pretty down about the show, even though this was a great episode that set many things into motion.

Winter is finally here, people are dying, alliances are getting reked and double stabs are being made.

And dorne didn't suck did this time!

ivysaur12

Banned
Dorne did NOT suck this time. There is a first time for everything. Even though I thought that scene between the Sand Snakes served no purpose of things we didn't know.

Curufinwe

Man, peoeple are pretty down about the show, even though this was a great episode that set many things into motion.

Winter is finally here, people are dying, alliances are getting reked and double stabs are being made.

And dorne didn't suck did this time!

It was great to see some serious snow falling well south of the Wall. Winter has almost come, finally.

It was great to see some serious snow falling well south of the Wall. Winter has almost come, finally.

wait, nope the weather man said it was just a cold front from the North.

looks like winter is still not here, I guess the jet stream is just in a warm pattern XD

And the weather man just got decapitated!!!

Come on Tommen, those chucklefucks just took your damn mother to go along with your wife. Any other kind of ruler would've stormed the entire city to take down those religious nuts, he has to get in the game after what happened here.

ivysaur12

Banned
Until the end this was another dumb episode. They went full retard with Sansa's story. How is Roose not jumping all over Ramsay for what he is doing to his wife and his only chance to gain favor with the northern families? If it gets out that Sansa is beaten and broken by her husband how would that do anything except unfurlate the northern families further? Makes no sense.

Agreed, sort of. I think Roose is a bit of an idiot, but I also get why Sansa has been keeping quiet. She also knows that Stannis is coming.

How could Cersei not see this coming? Her own incest cousin is a member of this group. She damn near flat told the high septum during one of their first meetings that she was a great sinner. How could she be at all surprised after the actual queen is taken for trials.

What? No. This is the best part of the season. She's a myopic idiot. She did something for SUCH a short term gain and then has to reap the results. She's arrogant and thinks that nothing will ever come back to her. It's completely in line with who she is as a character. She's a terrible ruler because she's petty.

And good god. I won't even start with the Dorne pile of shit of a storyline. It's just shit, makes damn near no sense at all and has nothing interesting about it. Oh wow the sand girl has nice breasts. Big whoop.

Agreed-ish. It was a five minute pop though, and barely an element in the episode.

And was I the only one shaking my head at the whole Stannis thing? How many times did he say he needed to leave before he got caught in the snows just to leave and immediately get caught by the snows. How convenient.

I mean, he thinks winter is coming. Winter comes. How is that convenient? He said it was going to happen? Like, what?

Why the hell would Dany consider Tyrion Lannister a gift? She doesn't even know who he is and if anything would think of him as a potential enemy not someone for whom to be her counselor.

Of course she knows who it is. Like, what?

Just. Oh man. So bad right now. Not sure what can save it at this point.

I can't tell you that your opinion is wrong, but after the complete misfire that was last week, this is back to form. The "issues" that you brought up are real (Sansa), but mostly, like, what? No.

Curufinwe

Agreed, sort of. I think Roose is a bit of an idiot, but I also get why Sansa has been keeping quiet. She also knows that Stannis is coming.

What? No. This is the best part of the season. She's a myopic idiot. She did something for SUCH a short term gain and then has to reap the results. She's arrogant and thinks that nothing will ever come back to her. It's completely in line with who she is as a character. She's a terrible ruler because she's petty.

Agreed-ish. It was a five minute pop though, and barely an element in the episode.

I mean, he thinks winter is coming. Winter comes. How is that convenient? He said it was going to happen? Like, what?

I can't tell you that your opinion is wrong, but after the complete misfire that was last week, this is back to form. The "issues" that you brought up are real (Sansa), but mostly, like, what? No.

No, you can. His everything-is-terrible opinion is laughable.

Come on Tommen, those chucklefucks just took your damn mother to go along with your wife. Any other kind of ruler would've stormed the entire city to take down those religious nuts, he has to get in the game after what happened here.

If he doesn't burn down the entire city in the next episode... who am I kidding that little bitch isn't going to do shit.

Nitsuj23

Are you doing this on purpose or is it an unconscious like tick?

Ri'Orius

She may not know who he is now (depending on how much she's studied the politics of Westeros), but she'll at least give him a chance to introduce himself. And while Daenerys won't trust Tyrion immediately, she'll at least keep him around a bit for an update on current events in Westeros, and once Varys shows up to vouch for him I expect they'll get along swimmingly. I also predict Tyrion will get a chance to prove his worth politically soon (and let's face it, Dany's been pretty open to hiring new counselors).

Nitsuj23

The former. I've been drinking, though so.

I mean, if you actually think that Dany wouldn't know who Tyrion is WHAT IS THERE LEFT TO SAY
What would Dany want with Tyrion? What does she know about him? Does she think he's evil? Does she hate all Lannisters or is she aware he's not a scum bag? I mean it's tough to keep track of every character's knowledge base given the show's age. Can't assume people re-watch episodes or memorize things that were briefly mentioned years ago.

ivysaur12

Banned
What would Dany what with Tyrion? What does she know about him? Does she think he's evil? Does she hate all Lannisters or is she aware he's not a scum bag? I mean it's tough to keep track of every characters knowledge base given the show's age. Can't assume people re-watch episodes or memorize things that were briefly mentioned years ago.

It's common sense. Think about it for a moment -- you think she's unaware of the name Lannister? Really? Especially when Jaime is the Kingslayer? And to go further, you don't think that she'd at least be aware of the name Tyrion Lannister as the brother of the man who killed her father?

What would Dany want with Tyrion? What does she know about him? Does she think he's evil? Does she hate all Lannisters or is she aware he's not a scum bag? I mean it's tough to keep track of every character's knowledge base given the show's age. Can't assume people re-watch episodes or memorize things that were briefly mentioned years ago.

Jaime murdered Daenerys' father. There's no way she doesn't know who Tyrion is. Also not going to have much love for any Lannister.

Nitsuj23

It's common sense. Think about it for a moment -- you think she's unaware of the name Lannister? Really? Especially when Jaime is the Kingslayer? And to go further, you don't think that she'd at least be aware of the name Tyrion Lannister as the brother of the man who killed her father?
So that's what I'm asking... Is he a gift of revenge? Was the plan to deliver a family member of the guy that killed her father and get back in good graces with Dany? I'm seen other posters allude to a possible friendly relationship between Dany and Tyrion while you're insinuating instant hostility between the two. Not so obvious.

ivysaur12

Banned
So that's what I'm asking... Is he a gift of revenge? Was the plan to deliver a family member of the guy that killed her father and get back in good graces with Dany? I'm seen other posters allude to a possible friendly relationship between Dany and Tyrion while you're insinuating instant hostility between the two. Not so obvious.

I don't know yet. I haven't seen the next episode. But for someone to say:

Why the hell would Dany consider Tyrion Lannister a gift? She doesn't even know who he is

Is, again, wut.

wth!? People are actually complaining about that sand snake scene? Bizarro world.

It told us nothing we didn't know.

Volimar

Outwardly, it'd seem that she'd have nothing but contempt for Tyrion. But he killed his father, and so with some fast talking he may use that and the fact that he is wanted as a way to ingratiate himself.

Jorah's intent is absolutely a gift of revenge. His whole plan was to turn over Tyrion to get back into Daenerys' good graces.

Obviously things aren't that simple though. If Daenerys was just going to up and lop Tyrion's head off then Varys never would have tried to bring him to Mereen in the first place.

How the situation between them plays out remains to be seen.

Furoba

This season is getting stupid. Did the Lannister guards just vanish into thin air? I'm glad the snake chick carries around an antidote just in case she slashes someone she likes!

No weapons allowed in the high sept, and I imagine you always want to have an antidote on hand if a single drop of rare Ashai poison touching the skin is sufficient to kill.
Convenient? Sure. Stupid? Not really.

It was definitely meant as gift for her under the impression that he is a Lannister and his brother killed her father. But, he didn't know that Tyrion also killed his own father so that pretty much changes everything. Varys was probably under the assumption that he could prove to be a good ally to her, and that's what I think will end up happening. Jorah brought her the man who killed the father of the king slayer. But who knows.

ivysaur12

Banned
Best episode of the season. Stuff happened!

Very much so!

Also, if anyone wants to play along with the drinking game, we were playing with these rules:

- Boobs!
- Someone says something bitchy
- Cersei drinks
- Ramsay is rapey
- Sam reads a book
- Dorne is stupid
- Pussy power (stolen from Gay of Thrones)
- Dany makes the wrong decision
- Chug the entire time Daario's butt is on screen
- Brienne screams
- Every slap. Every one.
- Unpopular-but-correct decision by Jon Snow
- Tyrion says cock
- Theon is THE WORST
- "Winter is coming"
- Something important happens due to the power of friendship
- Series regular dies (finish your drink)

Nitsuj23

Jorah's intent is absolutely a gift of revenge. His whole plan was to turn over Tyrion to get back into Daenerys' good graces.

Obviously things aren't that simple though. If Daenerys was just going to up and lop Tyrion's head off then Varys never would have tried to bring him to Mereen in the first place.

How the situation between them plays out remains to be seen.
I'm gonna hibernate till next Sunday. I'd like to wake up to a Cersei death sentence followed by a budding partnership between Tyrion and Dany lol. Maybe she can marry him. A Targaryen and Lannister would shit on a Targaryen and whatever the hell the current husband to be's last name is.

Volimar

Very much so!

Also, if anyone wants to play along with the drinking game, we were playing with these rules:

- Boobs!
- Someone says something bitchy
- Cersei drinks
- Ramsay is rapey
- Sam reads a book
- Dorne is stupid
- Pussy power (stolen from Gay of Thrones)
- Dany makes the wrong decision
- Chug the entire time Daario's butt is on screen
- Brienne screams
- Every slap. Every one.
- Unpopular-but-correct decision by Jon Snow
- Tyrion says cock
- Theon is THE WORST
- "Winter is coming"
- Something important happens due to the power of friendship
- Series regular dies (finish your drink)

If we went by these rules, there'd be more deaths than the red wedding.

RDreamer

It wasn't dumb. In that scene they've shown more cunning than any other appearance. Nudity aside it redeemed them in my eyes, at least a bit.

I mean, yeah, sure they showed more cunning than any other appearance, but look at the scenes we're comparing it to......

Limit

When Gilly attack scene was happening and Sam was unable to save her a part of me instantly thought that the the old man Targryaen was going to come back as a whitewalker and save them. Because isn't it the case that Targryaens can't be burnt? Meaning burning his dead body wouldn't work because he is fireproof? So I was hyping myself up for a whitewalker and Sam "best pals" storyline; only to be thwarted that lame wolf walking in.

Could have been really cool.

Griss

The idea that Dany would obviously know who Tyrion Lannister is because of her family history is stupid. This is a girl who only recently learned the truth of her own father from Ser Barristan, and who was only just learning about her own brother from the same guy - after a couple of years in the presence of Westerosi people, too. She has been sheltered from a lot of this stuff. While she would know that the Lannisters killed her father and hold King's Landing, there's every chance that she wouldn't know Jaime's brother, or the fact that he's a dwarf. She has been completely divorced from Westeros, relying on second-hand info which has tended to be only the most relevant things. The identity of Tyrion Lannister has probably never come up.

Volimar

When Gilly attack scene was happening and Sam was unable to save her a part of me instantly thought that the the old man Targryaen was going to come back as a whitewalker and save them. Because isn't it the case that Targryaens can't be burnt? Meaning burning his dead body wouldn't work because he is fireproof? So I was hyping myself up for a whitewalker and Sam "best pals" storyline; only to be thwarted that lame wolf walking in.

Could have been really cool.

Not every Targaryan is immune to fire. Only the ones that are "of the Dragon" or whatever her brother thought he was in season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom