• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

When Gilly attack scene was happening and Sam was unable to save her a part of me instantly thought that the the old man Targryaen was going to come back as a whitewalker and save them. Because isn't it the case that Targryaens can't be burnt? Meaning burning his dead body wouldn't work because he is fireproof? So I was hyping myself up for a whitewalker and Sam "best pals" storyline; only to be thwarted that lame wolf walking in.

Could have been really cool.
That sounds awful.

ivysaur12

Banned
The idea that Dany would obviously know who Tyrion Lannister is because of her family history is stupid. This is a girl who only recently learned the truth of her own father from Ser Barristan, and who was only just learning about her own brother from the same guy - after a couple of years in the presence of Westerosi people, too. She has been sheltered from a lot of this stuff. While she would know that the Lannisters killed her father and hold King's Landing, there's every chance that she wouldn't know Jaime's brother, or the fact that he's a dwarf. She has been completely divorced from Westeros, relying on second-hand info which has tended to be only the most relevant things. The identity of Tyrion Lannister has probably never come up.

Jorah thought she'd know who he is, and I think he'd know better than you?

Griss

Jorah thought she'd know who he is, and I think he'd know better than you?

Jorah was going to fucking explain, obviously. In his mind he was bringing her a piece of leverage, and would have explained how it would work. Her knowing who it was was not necessary. He'd also have imagined that Barristan would have confirmed it, not knowing Barristan was dead. None of it requires Dany knowing Tyrion.

diamount

Banned
When Gilly attack scene was happening and Sam was unable to save her a part of me instantly thought that the the old man Targryaen was going to come back as a whitewalker and save them. Because isn't it the case that Targryaens can't be burnt? Meaning burning his dead body wouldn't work because he is fireproof? So I was hyping myself up for a whitewalker and Sam "best pals" storyline; only to be thwarted that lame wolf walking in.

Could have been really cool.

No Targaryen is immune to fire.

ivysaur12

Banned
Jorah was going to fucking explain, obviously. In his mind he was bringing her a piece of leverage, and would have explained how it would work. Her knowing who it was was not necessary. He'd also have imagined that Barristan would have confirmed it, not knowing Barristan was dead. None of it requires Dany knowing Tyrion.

I mean, you're absolutely wrong and she absolutely would know the family of the person who killed her father. Her brther would've bought it up at some point at sometime during her many years in the world.

sjboi

Noooo not Cersei! But you know she's going to make good on that threat to kill that nun that pushed her to the ground!

Volimar

So she'd know those people but not the basic history of her own father until 3 episodes ago? Does that make a single lick of sense?

Most of what she knew about her father was from his insanity. What she learned 3 episodes ago was a different side of him.

So she'd know those people but not the basic history of her own father until 3 episodes ago? Does that make a single lick of sense?

She was born after the death of her father and was pretty much made to believe that her father's reputation as "The Mad King" is all a lie. Barristan telling her the truth is pretty much a revelation for her.

Also I think it's pretty safe to say she knows who Tyrion is judging from her reaction when he says who he is.

Griss

She didn't know a specific detail about her dead father? Do you know everything about your father? Every story?

The most crucial element of his life as a king, his death, and her exile? Come the fuck on, you're being pedantic beyond belief, and a dick to boot.

My point is merely that it's possible she wouldn't know him. You say she definitely would. My burden of proof is lesser, and I have evidence. Yours is absolute, and you have none.

Madrin

The last ten minutes had more impact than this season's previous episodes combined.

Thank god for that because this episode was 80% filler, like pretty much every other episode this season. Hopefully the remainder of the season will be more interesting since it's got some steam now.

ivysaur12

Banned
The most crucial element of his life as a king, his death, and her exile? Come the fuck on, you're being pedantic beyond belief, and a dick to boot.

My point is merely that it's possible she wouldn't know him. You say she definitely would. My burden of proof is lesser, and I have evidence. Yours is absolute, and you have none.

I'm not being a dick when it you're arguing that she wouldn't know who the Lannisters are, because that's stupid.

I mean, look at her face in the last scene with her? Use logic? Both?

DAMN I LOVED THAT ENDING!!

It's so cool how there are all these houses, and now this crazy order. I love it. It's such an awesome evil twist on the Messiah figure... using the cleansing of sin to gain power and fuck up the order.

Poor Tommen. Such an adorable king, but I'm guessing he gets ransacked by the Seven.

The poison scene with Brann was kind of lame though.

What does Kevan know again? I believe I know, but I read it in the book most recently, and am not sure if it was the same in the show, as I don't remember.

Nameless

Until the end this was another dumb episode. They went full retard with Sansa's story. How is Roose not jumping all over Ramsay for what he is doing to his wife and his only chance to gain favor with the northern families? If it gets out that Sansa is beaten and broken by her husband how would that do anything except unfurlate the northern families further? Makes no sense.

How could Cersei not see this coming? Her own incest cousin is a member of this group. She damn near flat told the high septum during one of their first meetings that she was a great sinner. How could she be at all surprised after the actual queen is taken for trials.

And good god. I won't even start with the Dorne pile of shit of a storyline. It's just shit, makes damn near no sense at all and has nothing interesting about it. Oh wow the sand girl has nice breasts. Big whoop.

And was I the only one shaking my head at the whole Stannis thing? How many times did he say he needed to leave before he got caught in the snows just to leave and immediately get caught by the snows. How convenient.

Just so bad on so many levels. Not a single storyline going on right now that is actually good. And that pitfight was yet again another horribly choreographed sequence.

Why the hell would Dany consider Tyrion Lannister a gift? She doesn't even know who he is and if anything would think of him as a potential enemy not someone for whom to be her counselor.

Just. Oh man. So bad right now. Not sure what can save it at this point.

-Same reason Tywin essentially tells Tyrion to rape Sansa if he has to; he wants her pregnant, which would cement her and Ramsay's union.

-Of course Cersei knew the High Sparrow knew about her sins. Everyone does. Part of her being so generous to his cause was her attempt to get out in front of the situation -- making her self more valuable as an ally. Her biggest mistake was dropping her guard and meeting the High Sparrow in a secluded area with no security. No way that happens in the Red Keep or even on the streets of the capital.

- It is convenient. You'd think a God of some sort had an interest in Stannis's affairs...

-The Pit Fight was easily the best fight scene of the season. See, opinions.

-Not finding these convincing arguments for a lack of quality; they're 6/7 by my count. Too bad you're not into it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I am very disappointed in Theon. I really thought he was going to come through. I do think he'll eventually act against Ramsey but damn...

pel1300

You, by far, have the lamest nitpicky complaint about the show.

You're annoyed that she knows who the Lannisters are? What an odd thing to complain about.

I am very disappointed in Theon. I really thought he was going to come through. I do think he'll eventually act against Ramsey but damn...

Well, there is also the issue of the north thinking he burnt Bran and Rickon. He was also saving his own skin. If the north new he was there he would also be in the cross hair.

Nitsuj23

I'm not being a dick when it you're arguing that she wouldn't know who the Lannisters are, because that's stupid.

I mean, look at her face in the last scene with her? Use logic? Both?

I think what the poster said is logical. You should stop drinking or stop posting. It's absolutely annoying..

I completely understand the sentiment but I don't feel too bad for Sansa in this situation. She was essentially trying to manipulate and play Theon to help her out of Winterfell. She doesn't really care what happens to him one way or the other I imagine. Maybe that will change if/when she finds out that Theon didn't actually murder her brothers but who knows if that will ever happen at this point.

Nameless

She's finally learning

rr0srPC.gif

Limit

I also appreciated Jorah's "uguuuu mah senpai" face as soon as he saw Dany. I thought maybe he wouldn't go outside to see her because he was feeling too ashamed but I underestimated his simpness. Though getting that stone thing disease probably has made him more willing to take chances given that he doesn't have much longer to live? I still don't have a good understanding of the implications of that disease that Jorah now has.

Frog-fu

Banned
The entire country descended into war because Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister were captured and neither of their houses would stand for it.

I have a hard time believing the Faith Militant or whatever their name is can not only confine the heir to House Tyrell, but also the Queen and the Queen Mother with impunity. It just doesn't seem feasible in the slightest.

Still loved the episode and liking the season though. I have no idea where the negativity is coming from, can't help but feel it's the unwarranted type of hate shows get for being popular to the point they are perceived as having overstayed their welcome by some.

Here's hoping for plenty of Tyrion and Danny scenes going forward. Also, Stannis is TOTK.

C4Lukins

This season is weak as fuck. I still don't even understand why the fuck The Seven have any real power

Not sure why that would be confusing. Cersei controls the Kings guard, and used this cult to do her bidding separating herself from directly being involved in these matters. The King could take control but he is weak and young and easily manipulated by his mother. So with Cersei controlling essentially the police of the city, the cult has been allowed to run rampant to destroy her enemies. But it turns out that leader is actually true to his beliefs as far as we can tell, so even Cersei is not safe from them.

So now crazy cult has all the power, unless Tommen can put on his big boy pants.

I am not a fan of this particular storyline, but it makes sense and they did a good job setting it up.

Great episode. Stannis is screwed. He won't win regardless of what he does. Burns his daughter he's lost mentally, doesn't he loses the war. I think he's done soon.

I am now a fan of pixie cuts.

Cersei is an idiot for not seeing that coming. Especially with lancel(sp?).

The entire country descended into war because Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister were captured and neither of their houses would stand for it.

I have a hard time believing the Faith Militant or whatever their name is can not only confine the heir to House Tyrell, but also the Queen and the Queen Mother with impunity. It just doesn't seem feasible in the slightest.

Still loved the episode and liking the season though. I have no idea where the negativity is coming from, can't help but feel it's the unwarranted type of hate shows get for being popular to the point they are perceived as having overstayed their welcome by some.

Here's hoping for plenty of Tyrion and Danny scenes going forward. Also, Stannis is TOTK.

Yeah, what's happening with Tyrell's allies when their queens are imprisoned?

And how big is the faith military? Are we to assume many are loyal for being impoverished by the war?

I also see Stannis committing suicide. Dude lives by justice and he'll probably deal it to himself. I assume his daughter is killed and he'll feel bad. Would make sense for him to go out like a coward

I do love him thoug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom