• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of Arya makes me wonder how many stories will come together in the end, when winter comes what purpose will there be to Arya becoming an Assassin or Faceless man or woman, if any at all. I love her story and it seems important enough considering how much time they've spent on her, I just hope there's a big pay off and not as some suggested, ordered to kill a sibling.

How in the hell are they going to wrap it all up in only 2 more season. It got picked up for 7 seasons, but have they officially said they plan on finishing it after 7?

I don't see it happening, If they keep it at 7 seasons I think it'l be extended like they did with the Sopranos. The last season was 21 episodes and ran across 2 years, where as regular seasons were 13 episodes. At that point it may as well just be 7 and 8, no idea why they do it like that. They did the same with S3 of Entourage as well, split it among 2 years.

mantidor

Hmm, if Arya Stark becomes no one, does that mean she has to give up Arya's list of names? Why would no one have a reason to kill Arya Stark's enemies?

You know I don't think they become no one, that part was part of her training, they become "someone else", it's about being able to be a perfect liar. After all Jaqen is someone, and he has a name, we know it matters because Arya was able to put his name as one of the three names she was granted.

Bran is gonna be a grown ass man by the time he returns
This is what I'm sort of worried about. But I guess they can always find another actor? :x

PhoenixDark PMed me more details about Bran, so thanks for that. I was just saying that suddenly I miss bran's arc. The boy whose fall started all of these stories, forever ago.

Dropping Isaac Hempstead Wright as Bran would be a bad mistake for the series unless there is some 15 year jump. Make up can change a lot, it is only 12-14 age range that feels weird from season to season. Also, him being away this season will help people not feel so shocked when he comes back.

Nameless

Episode 8 tonight fuckers. Never Forget...

m3.gif

Hopefully the 8th episode will once again see The Mountain rise to occasion -- only this time to save a Lannister life.

#freecersei

Won't have time to watch the next episode until maybe Wednesday, probably Thursday :(

It's about time this season picks up. Best moment so far is still probably "Ow, CUNT!", and that says a lot, lol.

Why?! I fucking hate you for that man :(

Jesus, calm down brother, it's just a TV show.

Curufinwe

Won't have time to watch the next episode until maybe Wednesday, probably Thursday :(

It's about time this season picks up. Best moment so far is still probably "Ow, CUNT!", and that says a lot, lol.

That's not even close to Slynt talking shit and then getting his head chopped off, or the High Sparrow staring down and then giving Cersei her comeuppance, or Margarey humiliating Cersei, or Melisandre channeling Ygritte, or Ramsay's face when Sansa called him a bastard legitimized by another bastard, or Tyrion's "Guess again". There have been great lines and moments all season long.

That's not even close to Slynt talking shit and then getting his head chopped off, or the High Sparrow staring down and then giving Cersei her comeuppance, or Margarey humiliating Cersei, or Melisandre channeling Ygritte, or Ramsay's face when Sansa called him a bastard legitimized by another bastard, or Tyrion's "Guess again". There have been great lines and moments all season long.

Don't forget those Sand Snake boobs. Gawd

I know I know, I'm just kidding around.

Hey u guys tonight some crazy shit might actually go down oh boy!

Littlefinger travels somewhere!
Stannis continues travelling!
Arya puts on a face!
Sansa cries!
Cersei is angry!
Tommen does nothing!
Jorah attempts to leave the friendzone and fails!

This is going to be a fantastic episode :p

I'm most looking forward to Sam's new pimp walk after finally getting some.

Vashetti

Banned
Preview and prior season BTS stuff talk:
Tonight's episode is Hardhome. If you've followed the trailers and BTS stuff prior to the season, Jon/Hardhome will dominate this episode. They've filmed a huge battle scene that was said to be the most complex thing they've ever done and should last around 18 minutes.

This ep's a big one.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm really disappointed by Dorne this season. I had hoped to see more than the same court yard and a dungeon. I'm much more interested in Doran Martell and the people of Dorne's cultural differences than what they've shown thus far.

I guess the show would redeem it if they told us how Dorne managed to withstand the Targaryens and for how long.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I thought Dorne was going to be a big game changer and were going to fuck with the Lannisters.

The Dorne subplot could be removed from this season and nothing would change.

TeddyBoy

Heh. Actually starting to question how many more of these hopes & dreams shattering moments Thrones can deliver before people start to turn on the show. You can argue it's kinda beginning to happen already.

The shows only going to last two more seasons to keep it in line with the amount books releasing. I think with that in mind, people will see the show out at this point.

Nibel

I thought Dorne was going to be a big game changer and were going to fuck with the Lannisters.

The Dorne subplot could be removed from this season and nothing would change.

Yup. To me the possibly biggest disappointment of the entire series, especially after hearing people rave about the location and characters. Not that they knew better.

To be honest I think I'm kinda done with believing that this season might turn as good as previous ones; this has 'prep time' written all over it. Hope 6 will be better.

Frog-fu

Banned
I think the big "shock" of the season is Sansa shanking the shit out Ramsay, and the "event" being the following clash between Mannis and the Boltons, resulting in a flawless victory for The One True King.

I think the big "shock" of the season is Sansa shanking the shit out Ramsay, and the "event" being the following clash between Mannis and the Boltons, resulting in a flawless victory for The One True King.

I think Ramsay planted that there. Just another part of the game he plays with people. Just like sending in hot women to Theon's side to toy with him right before castrating him. He does this type of thing on purpose to toy with the persons mind. Keep giving them hope before destroying it again.

BUT, as I've said before. It makes some sense for Ramsay to do it on Theon or some other random person. But his wife?

Nothing about it makes sense.

I think she will kill Roose. Ramsay will get killed by Theon. Just watched the scene where he talks to the Winterfell Meyster, he says he doesn't care how many spears or swords go through him, I'm going to fucking kill that man. That has to be a foreshadowing. Or he stays pathetic like the last episode, and I wish more pain on him. Who knows?

EDIT: I think (and hope) we get a conclusion to this storyline by tonight, since there's three other major events that have (ie. better) unfold by the end of the season.

Ramsay is insane though, there is no sense.

I get that hes " insane ", or a savage person but .... it just doesn't make sense. Why? He doesn't seem to do this type of thing to Myranda.

It just doesnt feel realistic. Ramsay seems otherwise very intelligent. The way he is able to manipulate people and induce the mental torture that he does, to the point to where the person doesnt even want to attempt escape anymore, you have to be forward thinking and intelligent. His father seems to respect him in that manner too, wanting his help for the battles. He flayed those people to get them to start paying taxes, no matter the hatred toward the Boltons.

He thinks it all through. His acts against Sansa could damage any chance the Boltons have of creating a united North. Most people in the world do not know about Arya or Brandon Stark being alive. So to them, Sansa could be the last remaining Stark alive. That sort of thing could rally people to your cause. It would of been a gigantic gesture for Sansa to openly call for the gathering of the northern families, if it came to that. But now? Sansa has no choice but to either kill or flee. The writers gave no other outward option here. Its such a bad move by Ramsay ... just doesn't feel " right " to me. Seems to be in there just to be there " cuz he cruel man ".

Seems lazy and stupid.

But in a season such as this one. Where the common theme seems to be " everyone making stupid decisions ", guess it shouldn't be surprising.

Frog-fu

Banned
I think Ramsay planted that there. Just another part of the game he plays with people. Just like sending in hot women to Theon's side to toy with him right before castrating him. He does this type of thing on purpose to toy with the persons mind. Keep giving them hope before destroying it again.

BUT, as I've said before. It makes some sense for Ramsay to do it on Theon or some other random person. But his wife?

Nothing about it makes sense.

It's possible he planted it there, I guess. The only reason I think he didn't is because the entire point of bringing Sansa out of her chamber was to see the flayed servant.

I'm actually hoping Theon and Sansa murder him together, or rather, keep him alive reasonably long enough to make him suffer.

I think she will kill Roose. Ramsay will get killed by Theon. Just watched the scene where he talks to the Winterfell Meyster, he says he doesn't care how many spears or swords go through him, I'm going to fucking kill that man. That has to be a foreshadowing. Or he stays pathetic like the last episode, and I wish more pain on him. Who knows?

This would be great too, especially if Theon dies with ton sof spears sticking out of him but having gotten his man still.

If Sansa kills Roose, I hope it plays out similarly too when Catlyn noticed the chainmail under Roose's clothes.

Vashetti

Banned
Guys if Sansa's stabbing anyone it's going to be Myranda. Myranda's taunted her twice now, leading her to Theon in the kennels and threatening her in the bath.

I get that hes " insane ", or a savage person but .... it just doesn't make sense. Why? He doesn't seem to do this type of thing to Myranda.

It just doesnt feel realistic. Ramsay seems otherwise very intelligent. The way he is able to manipulate people and induce the mental torture that he does, to the point to where the person doesnt even want to attempt escape anymore, you have to be forward thinking and intelligent. His father seems to respect him in that manner too, wanting his help for the battles. He flayed those people to get them to start paying taxes, no matter the hatred toward the Boltons.

He thinks it all through. His acts against Sansa could damage any chance the Boltons have of creating a united North. Most people in the world do not know about Arya or Brandon Stark being alive. So to them, Sansa could be the last remaining Stark alive. That sort of thing could rally people to your cause. It would of been a gigantic gesture for Sansa to openly call for the gathering of the northern families, if it came to that. But now? Sansa has no choice but to either kill or flee. The writers gave no other outward option here. Its such a bad move by Ramsay ... just doesn't feel " right " to me. Seems to be in there just to be there " cuz he cruel man ".

Seems lazy and stupid.

But in a season such as this one. Where the common theme seems to be " everyone making stupid decisions ", guess it shouldn't be surprising.

It's not the first time he's done something without fully considering their implications, his father mentioned that a few episodes back when he flayed someone for not paying taxes and told him that instilling fear will not be enough to rule the north.

No one knows how he treats Sansa so what difference does it make to the outside world? She's hurting on the inside and her bruised arms won't be visible to anyone. I think he's smart enough to know that he can treat her like shit as long as the damage isn't visible and he'll continue to do so because he's just fucking insane, it has nothing to do with lazy or stupid writing, he's that type of person, abusive people are abusive people and they usually do a good job of hiding that abuse. Myranda is crazy as well, why would he harm her? She's the perfect match for him and Sansa is the perfect prey for him to get his kicks out of because she's vulnerable. His plan is to make her obedient. Abusive people first break you down, then bring you up, then break you down, then build you up and eventually you're worthless to yourself, and do as your told.

The writers also gave other options for a way out for Sansa you just aren't seeing them because you'd rather nitpick and complain, lol.

Curufinwe

It's not the first time he's done something without fully considering their implications, his father mentioned that a few episodes back when he flayed someone for not paying taxes and told him that instilling fear will not be enough to rule the north.

No one knows how he treats Sansa so what difference does it make to the outside world? She's hurting on the inside and her bruised arms won't be visible to anyone. I think he's smart enough to know that he can treat her like shit as long as the damage isn't visible and he'll continue to do so because he's just fucking insane, it has nothing to do with lazy or stupid writing, he's that type of person, abusive people are abusive people and they usually do a good job of hiding that abuse. Myranda is crazy as well, why would he harm her? She's the perfect match for him and Sansa is the perfect prey for him to get his kicks out of because she's vulnerable. His plan is to make her obedient. Abusive people first break you down, then bring you up, then break you down, then build you up and eventually you're worthless to yourself, and do as your told.

The writers also gave other options for a way out for Sansa you just aren't seeing them because you'd rather nitpick and complain, lol.

Someone's being lazy and stupid, but it's not the writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom