• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so ;(

Fun fact: Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) is of royal blood, he's a descendent of King Charles II. But you can tell by those beautiful locks of his.

To add to that.

Rose Leslie who played Ygritte grew up in a castle and is also of royal blood, and also happens to be a descendant of King Charles II.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I don't think you can kill off Jon Snow. If you think back about everyone else who was killed, there was a story arc to take their place and it didn't really negate what had took place to that time.

As of now, you kill of Jon.. it really made almost everything going on for the last 4 seasons at the wall pointless. There's not another really compelling character to take Jon's place in that setting.

It'd be for shock value, but then what? Then zero fucks would be given when the wall went down.

To put it more perspective, killing Jon is akin to killing Danys. It doesn't set something else up, it just finishes a storyline and made all that took place to that point pretty much irrelevant.

sangreal

What ever happened to Gendry?

I don't remember how his storyline finished or if it even finished.

Since everyone gave you sarcastic answers -- Davos freed him because Stannis and Melisandre were going to sacrifice him. Davos put him on a row boat and gave him directions to King's Landing. That was several seasons ago. He has never been mentioned since

nubbe

Jon isn't needed anymore since he just explored the wall and beyond
Stanis can take over now when the Walkers tear down the wall

Olly is so gonna get Jon

Khaz

That's the sword Mormont gave him. It's made of valyrian steel

Now let's envision a final battle with all the Valyrian steel weapon holders against the White Walkers:

- Jon and Longclaw
- Brienne and Oathkeeper
- Tommen and ??? (formerly Joffrey's)
- ???

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Jon isn't needed anymore since he just explored the wall and beyond
Stanis can take over now when the Walkers tear down the wall

Olly is so gonna get Jon

It makes no sense. Jon and Danys storylines are on the outskirts of everything really taking place in Westeros. They've been on the outside.

If they do kill Jon, it can't be Olly.. it'd have to be part of a bigger arc than that. They could have show whats beyond the wall in a much simpler fashion.

The payoff of killing Jon when his arc hasn't came close to playing out is just bad storytelling.

Enco

At first I didn't think Jon would die...

But now I'm not so sure. He served his purpose. He united the wildlings and humans (pretty much).

Would be nice to see him live though. I think Dany, Tyrion and Arya are the only ones 100% safe.

Now let's envision a final battle with all the Valyrian steel weapon holders against the White Walkers:

- Jon and Longclaw
- Brienne and Oathkeeper
- Tommen and Widow's wail(formerly Joffrey's)
- ???

I wonder how quickly they can make Obsidian (dragon's glass) or where it comes from in their world. Funny enough it also explains why the Night's Watch also maintains black as their color.

Revolver

Olly is probably going to kill the red head wildling who lead the attack on his village. Causing more headaches for John as he would then have to find a way to keep the peace.

MikeyB

- Jon and Longclaw
- Brienne and Oathkeeper
- ???
And whoever has Littlefinger's dagger.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Olli has poisoned Sam, Sam is dead next episode, this will force Jon to kill the kid and this will cause problems for Jon.

Ferrio

Banned

- Jon and Longclaw
- Brienne and Oathkeeper
- ???

Predicting that after Tommen dies Jamie takes up the sword.

Pimpwerx

I marathoned the entire series last week. I'm all caught up. Two things big me. Arya had 3 names she could've given. Joffrey, Tywin and Cersei. Boom! Problem solved. The other thing is redhead with Sthannis (is it Melisandre?) used her demon baby to kill arguably the softest, nicest challenger to the throne. Again, why not use it to take out a Lannister?

Other then that, I liked this week's episode. Good show. PEACE.

On the topic of Sam's food.

Where are people getting these ideas from? I just re watched that scene and at no point does it spend too much time focusing on Sam's food in any sort of suspicious manner, you all need to watch it again. There's nothing there, you're all reaching for something to speculate.

On the topic of Sam's food.

Where are people getting these ideas from? I just re watched that scene and at no point does it spend too much time focusing on Sam's food in any sort of suspicious manner, you all need to watch it again. There's nothing there, you're all reaching for something to speculate.

There absolutely are over-focused shots of the food and Olly eyeing it.

Venture

I marathoned the entire series last week. I'm all caught up. Two things big me. Arya had 3 names she could've given. Joffrey, Tywin and Cersei. Boom! Problem solved.
Yeah, they never really satisfactorily explained that. A couple of points though:

Even if Jaquen had killed Tywin, Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie would still have been prisoners and most likely all ended up dead. Tywin was the one that saved their lives when he rode into Harrenhal. With him gone all the prisoners would be at the mercy of the Mountain again.

Killing Joffrey and Cersei would've got her some measure of revenge I guess but would've had little impact on the war between the Lannisters and the Starks. Plus Jaquen said there was no guarantee of when he could do it. It could've been many months or more.

The other thing is redhead with Sthannis (is it Melisandre?) used her demon baby to kill arguably the softest, nicest challenger to the throne. Again, why not use it to take out a Lannister?
She apparently has to be close to the target for the demon baby to work. Also, Renly was the biggest threat to Stannis at the time. Once Stannis had his brothers bannermen taking King's Landing would be easy. Or so they thought.

Addi

So, the zombies that were cut in half, got their heads crushed etc. did they reassemble at the end? Or do they use the body parts that are intact to create new monsters? Or can they live without vital body parts? Like a set of legs running around and kicking people in the balls?

Come to think of it, if Jon had died in the battle, he would also have become a living dead. Maybe that might happen in the future, main characters becoming wights and fighting people who love(d) them.

There absolutely are over-focused shots of the food and Olly eyeing it.

There are shots of Olly looking down instead at Sam but if you watch he's never focused on one area when looking down, his eyes wander, he's more than likely in thought rather than looking at the food. Also, there are only 2 shots of the food, one when he brings it in, second when Sam picks it up.

So all those times that they've shown wine being poured up close prior to season 4 must have been a foreshadowing of Joffrey's death right? What about Dany and Tyrion, lots of wine shots there, who's going to poison who is the big question!

Olly has been built up to do something incredibly stupid and irrational all season long. Given his dislike of wildlings and that Sam did the impossible on GoT by managing to steer himself out of friendzone territory to finally get with his wildling waifu, i suspect that Olly is gonna do something terrible to gilly. She's probably the easiest wildling to get to and the fact that she's been living all comfy-like and consorting with the higher ups in Nights Watch means she's probably gonna get whacked as a means to further Sam's resolve into becoming a man already.

i assumed that dragon glass was made by dragon fire, hence it being called dragon glass. So Dany just needs to start stocking up on sand and she's got this,

demolitio

Dragon Glass is a natural byproduct of volcanic activity.

I'm sure they can scavange a good amount at Dragonrock and Old Valyeria.

Valyerian Steel is another story.

The fact that they brought the stone men into this season early on with constant mentions of them and then finally showing them to us leads me to believe we'll be going back there to get more tools for the White Walker fight. I mean, Jorah is going to become one of them anyway so maybe he'll go to solve the problems and save the day one last time to turn his story around before he dies.

Or he could die in the arena...lol. I think the fact that the stone men were talked about so much this season is leading to a story where they're dealt with next season so they can get to work on the biggest threat.

turtle553

The fact that they brought the stone men into this season early on with constant mentions of them and then finally showing them to us leads me to believe we'll be going back there to get more tools for the White Walker fight. I mean, Jorah is going to become one of them anyway so maybe he'll go to solve the problems and save the day one last time to turn his story around before he dies.

Or he could die in the arena...lol. I think the fact that the stone men were talked about so much this season is leading to a story where they're dealt with next season so they can get to work on the biggest threat.

Maybe Jorah offers his arm for her forgiveness. Make amends and have the grayscale removed.

demolitio

Maybe Jorah offers his arm for her forgiveness. Make amends and have the grayscale removed.

Or he cuts the arm off, travels to the wall and uses it as a weapon to turn the white walkers into stone men defying all logic since no one thought they'd be susceptible to it.

The hero we deserve.

I think Roose most likely knew that Ramsey was going to volunteer for crazy mission outside the walls of Winterfell. He was counting on it. I don't believe he cares at all about Ramsey, and has been using him (tolerating him) as a weapon. With Winterfell secured, and Sansa part of his family, he doesn't have a need for Ramsey anymore. Roose has nothing to lose by letting his monster of a son charge out to fight Stanis.

If Ramsey inflicts damage or wins, that's an unlikely bonus. If he dies, well that clears a major liability off the game board, and paves the way for Roose's future children.

Interesting point.
But I still feel besides being insane Ramsey is pretty smart and valuable as a general/strategist. I hoping he succeeds against Stannis.

I forget her name, but the witch that is with Stannis had thrown 3 paper dolls into the fire and I remember that two of those named did indeed died, but I can't remember if the last one named did die. I'm trying to see how credible she is. Her vision is Stannis standing victorious among pillars of fire something somthing. I wonder if the fire has any connection with the Dragons. Stannis is likely a character to be killed as he doesn't seem to fit in the ongoing events(he seems irrelevant) in my opinion. I hope even if his army gets slaughtered he some how survives.

demolitio

I don't think Olly is going to fuck anything up. I've got faith in the little homie that he'll see the light.

I figure they're focusing on him to either betray the Night's Watch in some way or make you think he will before he redeems himself and dies saving Jon or something. They've made his thoughts well known at this point so betrayal seems more likely, but I hope not.

It would suck to lose a good character to someone so minor, but that's what this show likes to do to us all...lol

As long as my new favorite character doesn't die, I'll manage. The giant with the name I shall not butcher.

News Bot

Banned
I don't think Olly is going to fuck anything up. I've got faith in the little homie that he'll see the light.

I'm hoping they've been giving us the ole switcheroo on Olly and Thorne. Making Olly look like he's gonna backstab Jon while Thorne is going to back him up. When really they're both going to be the opposite, Olly's still going to be an impressionable kid and Thorne's still going to be loyal to the Watch.

I'm hoping they've been giving us the ole switcheroo on Olly and Thorne. Making Olly look like he's gonna backstab Jon while Thorne is going to back him up. When really they're both going to be the opposite, Olly's still going to be an impressionable kid and Thorne's still going to be loyal to the Watch.

That would be a cool twist and would actually make sense. Ser Alliser has always had beef with Jon.

I definitely think Olly is going to do something that will get someone killed, potentially himself.

But the ideas going around that he's going to do something to Sam are ridiculous in my opinion, especially since Sam has done absolutely nothing to harm or even insult Olly and is in no relation to the decision that Jon made to ally with the wildlings, had nothing to do with the release of Tormund, had nothing to do with the slaughtering of his family etc etc.

Palpable

Sam deserves death. His innocent ass looking face annoys me.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9434-1370276413-7.gif

Finally saw the episode. It was actually really good! I enjoyed it. That Walking Dead / World War Z ending though. I almost expected Jon to tragically die, but I'm glad he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom