• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venture

Is there anyone alive that we know about that could confirm Jon's true bloodline?

Benjen might know if he's still alive, anyone else?
Littlefinger and Varys maybe. They seem to know just about everything that goes on. Although I don't recall Varys ever showing any interest in Jon, and he probably would considering his pro-Targaryen agenda.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Littlefinger and Varys maybe. They seem to know just about everything that goes on. Although I don't recall Varys ever showing any interest in Jon, and he probably would considering his pro-Targaryen agenda.

Varys has a pro-Varys agenda. All he wants is for the seven kingdoms not to devolve into endless war, and some power for himself. Don't forget he did actually try to have Dany killed, he's just not the kind of guy who would kill a baby or a little kid. Varys isn't a monster.

Yes the white walker was willing to get shattered to little pieces even though a second before he tried to cut Snow's head.

Over analyzing a bit no?

TheContact

I'm hoping Jon Snow really has a Targaryen blood in him.. how fuckin awesome can that be. If I were to write the end game of this show it will be Dany and her army + dragons vs. Jon Stark-Targaryens northern army + white walkers.

If that theory is correct what makes you think Dany wouldn't side with Jon? If they're both Targaryens maybe their relatives knew each other or were even part of the same family. I would think it would be Dany and Jon vs white walkers and whoever else turns out to be bad. Plus it's a song of "fire and ice" not fire vs ice. The fire being Dany for obvious reasons and Ice since that's where Jon snow has been for like the whole show.

UrbanRats

Varys has a pro-Varys agenda. All he wants is for the seven kingdoms not to devolve into endless war, and some power for himself. Don't forget he did actually try to have Dany killed, he's just not the kind of guy who would kill a baby or a little kid. Varys isn't a monster.

Varys is the best character still alive, along with Stannis and Littlefinger.

MutFox

Banned
Is there a gif of Jon vs the white walker?

jon-snow-killed-a-white-walker.gif

Jibbed

The Darth Maul dude is referred to as the 'Night King' in the latest behind the scenes videos, seems like he's the leader of the WW's.

Neat.

Venture

Yep. It died with him and lyanna. Only way they'll find out is through some magical/supernatural way. My bet Bran has visions, or one of the dragons listens to Jon or something.
I'm sure she had help birthing the baby and looking after it. People talk.

Unless it was born right there as she was dying in Ned's arms.

Palpable

The Darth Maul dude is referred to as the 'Night King' in the latest behind the scenes videos, seems like he's the leader of the WW's.

Neat.

The built in crown on his head should've told you that!

But seriously, the Night King looks like a Zabrak.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm sure she had help birthing the baby and looking after it. People talk.
Unless it was born right there as she was dying in Ned's arms.

Good point. Though if she wanted Ned to keep it a secret, I'm sure she tried to keep it a secret from everyone else prior to that.

Maximo

I'm still shocked at how much Sophie Turner has grown, she's taller than most of the male actor's she's in scenes with now lol.
Yeah Ramsey is a horrible person in every scene hes in with Sansa...but man I giggle alittle everytime you can tell their is a clear height difference between them.

Venture

I think they want him dead for sure. Dude was going to lop his head off it if hadn't been for that sword.
I don't know. In the gif above it sure looks like the WW isn't attacking at full speed. Until he finds out he's up against a sword that can actually kill him that is. Maybe it's just the speed of the gif though.

Maximo

Neat.

I assume either hes the champion of the God of Death/Champion of Darkness or working for him in some way ? Melisandre always goes on about the God of Fire/God Of Light and how Stannis is its Champion. Wonder if Stannis is actually the Champion or Light or maybe a false champion until the real champion Male/Female is shown to us? Be interesting if this supposed God Of Death/Darkness chooses a Character we know for its Champion, Bran/Jon.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So did y'all think that Olly was trying to poison Sam? That's what I figured that scene was about. The camera appeared to linger just a second too long on the food on the plate... Or did no one else get that sense?

Esp. with that comment in the previous episode about how Sam's friends were all gone...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't know if any of you guys listen to the Cast of Kings podcast but if you do and haven't listened to this week's episode, I would suggest not to. Joanna is usually really careful with spoilers but she gave out a huge fucking book spoiler this week.

Yeah Ramsey is a horrible person in every scene hes in with Sansa...but man I giggle alittle everytime you can tell their is a clear height difference between them.

Yeah it's kind of disconnect for me as well, you saw her shove Theon around in episode 7 like he was a paper weight. It doesn't look like she has noodle arms, she has a very athletic body frame.

In the back of my mind during Ramsay scenes I'm thinking "I know this a TV show, but I think Sophie Turner could whoop his ass IRL"

Finally we got to actually see the threat posed by the White Walkers for reals. Until now it's been all "Ooh, you know they're coming and they're evil and all!"... This has been needed for a while. A proper demonstrationof power. I thought the WW leader looked a bit silly though. And the timing of the attack was a bit too convenient for the show, but I'll take it.

And yes, +1 for thinking hhe'd freeze the water.

Curufinwe

Yeah it's kind of disconnect for me as well, you saw her shove Theon around in episode 7 like he was a paper weight. It doesn't look like she has noodle arms, she has a very athletic body frame.

In the back of my mind during Ramsay scenes I'm thinking "I know this a TV show, but I think Sophie Turner could whoop his ass IRL"

Well, Theon is supposed to be physically shattered from all the torture so that makes sense.

She may be taller than Ramsay's actor but that dude is pretty jacked. Hopefully they never fight in real life, lol.

mokeyjoe

So did y'all think that Olly was trying to poison Sam? That's what I figured that scene was about. The camera appeared to linger just a second too long on the food on the plate... Or did no one else get that sense?

Esp. with that comment in the previous episode about how Sam's friends were all gone...

Just watched that scene again. I don't think there's much lingering at all. The only part that looks at all suspicious is when Sam is about to say 'he always comes back' when the camera goes from the bowl and pans up to Sam's face. Other than that the food doesn't really feature. I think it's just that Olly is acting suspiciously so you get drawn into reading that scene. If he's got a problem with anyone it's Jon. He did seem to feel sorry for Sam getting beaten up. Plus he just doesn't strike me as a poisoner, it'd probably seem cowardly to him or something.

Nameless

I don't know if any of you guys listen to the Cast of Kings podcast but if you do and haven't listened to this week's episode, I would suggest not to. Joanna is usually really careful with spoilers but she gave out a huge fucking book spoiler this week.

'Huge spoiler' is a bit of an exaggeration. She provided more context and background information for a character, info the show may or may not get into. But it was in line with the type of book knowledge she's been dropping since the beginning of the podcast.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Just watched that scene again. I don't think there's much lingering at all. The only part that looks at all suspicious is when Sam is about to say 'he always comes back' when the camera goes from the bowl and pans up to Sam's face. Other than that the food doesn't really feature. I think it's just that Olly is acting suspiciously so you get drawn into reading that scene. If he's got a problem with anyone it's Jon. He did seem to feel sorry for Sam getting beaten up. Plus he just doesn't strike me as a poisoner, it'd probably seem cowardly to him or something.
I guess we'll see whether I'm just too suspicious, eh? The story clearly wants you on edge and looking for meaning in every move. I thought it notable that
Sam wasn't in the preview for next week

Ned wouldn't have told anyone else a secret that big.

I don't think so either, but if there's a chance of someone knowing then it would be him since they're brothers.

Could be the case, but if they knew then eventually it would leak out beyond them as well since they receive information from sources, spies and little birdies as Varys would say. So they wouldn't be the only ones to know, after all this time the info would have gotten out, at least I think it would.

mokeyjoe

I guess we'll see whether I'm just too suspicious, eh? The story clearly wants you on edge and looking for meaning in every move. I thought it notable that
Sam wasn't in the preview for next week

I always skip the previews. I don't really see why Olly would though, unless he was persuaded to by the other crows.

I think there's more story for Sam. It would make more sense to kill Gilly, leaving Sam with the baby. Especially after the 'whatever happens look after little Sam' speech last week.

Lorcain

I would nerdgasm if they can find 3 Targaryen dragon riders, like the 3 dragon heads in the House Targaryen sigil, to rain fiery true death upon the white walker army. Unfortunately, we only have 1 known Targaryen (Dany) and 1 maybe Targaryen (Jon). Bran could fill in for the last slot with Warg possession.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
'Huge spoiler' is a bit of an exaggeration. She provided more context and background information for a character, info the show may or may not get into. But it was in line with the type of book knowledge she's been dropping since the beginning of the podcast.

I won't get into it since this isn't the thread for that but I disagree completely.

Protein

Banned
Final battle is going to be in Dorne.

Whitewalker weapons will be made of cardboard spray-painted with blue-metallic paint, everyone will be using plastic swords, wights will just have their faces paint with stage-blood and dragon footage will be recycled using T-Rex footage from Jurassic Park.

All men must budget.

Ferrio

Banned
Whitewalker weapons will be made of cardboard spray-painted with blue-metallic paint, everyone will be using plastic swords, wights will just have their faces paint with stage-blood and dragon footage will be recycled using T-Rex footage from Jurassic Park.

All men must budget.

Okay, but the important part. Will there be dornish breasts?

All men must budget.

I remember back in the second season there was a group of Rob's men riding and one of the riders had a shield on his back and you could see it bending as the horse galloped, obviously would be too expensive if they were all actual shields, but I still found it kinda funny to see a plastic shield. I'd love to get my hands on one of those props though.

I'm guessing if the theory about Jon being half dragonborn is true, it's going to take him being roasted on screen and coming out unscathed to prove it to everyone.

I wonder if Sansa ever mentions to Littlefinger that Bran and Rickon are alive. It could potentially throw a bit of a wrench into his plan and he seems like a enough of a sleaze to try and kill them.

That scene between Sansa and Theon was excellent.

I'm guessing if the theory about Jon being half dragonborn is true, it's going to take him being roasted on screen and coming out unscathed to prove it to everyone.

Not gonna happen, he burned his hand saving the Lord Commander from the white walker a few seasons back.

4 horsemen shot, Jon killing the white walker, and the undead children shot were easily the best shots.

My
Favorite was the horde of them jumping off the giant cliff and then just popping back up and heading into the fight. If there was a " you be fucked " moment in that fight, that was it for JS and the Wildlings lol

I wonder if Sansa ever mentions to Littlefinger that Bran and Rickon are alive. It could potentially throw a bit of a wrench into his plan and he seems like a enough of a sleaze to try and kill them.

Good luck to him trying to get to Bran then, other than the Whitewalkers, Bran is out of pretty much everyone elses reach.

Rickon on the other hand could be in trouble, hopefully they are keeping his Dire Wolf on a low profile so no one figures out its him.

Jarnet87

I'd like to think Sansa is wise enough to keep that information secret.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd like to think Sansa is wise enough to keep that information secret.

She's totally gonna pass it onto Brienne though, even if she doesn't make it out she can make sure they're safe and it would totally fuck with Ramsay's claim. It would bolster Stannis with the rest of the North if she could get Rickon to him and might let him tip the scales. It's just a matter of them getting the timing right.

She's totally gonna pass it onto Brienne though, even if she doesn't make it out she can make sure they're safe and it would totally fuck with Ramsay's claim. It would bolster Stannis with the rest of the North if she could get Rickon to him and might let him tip the scales. It's just a matter of them getting the timing right.

Does she even know that Brienne is out there watching and waiting though? I thought the old lady just told her to light the candle if she needed help but never told her who it was from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom