• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Even though it's still young they made that dragon look too vulnurable to me, they are supposed to defeat armies aren't they - and here he seemed to have gotten in serious trouble from a dozen men with spears.

Agreed.

The harpies are super OPed. They can take out her army and now they match her dragon. Wtf? It's a bunch of dudes with dad bods and masks and little knives.

Az

Who am I going to like anymore. These writers going to kill off Jon with fatal diharrea or some stupid shit

parasight

So I have a Stannis banner in my living room hung above our couch. Really tempted to burn it now... Never felt so disappointed in a favourite of mine.

Damn....RIP sweet lil Princess Shireen.

ZTQTS0f.gif
Shit has me mad

iNvid02

i hope the lord of light trolls him hard so he sacrificed his daughter for nothing.

we got this flame loony over here, and the flaying loony over there.

Badosh

Last 20 minutes was a mixed bag.

Stannis stuff was tense and one of my favorite moments in the season.

Fighting Pits was, eh, I just don't care about Jorah anymore. Dragon was cool.

That was some terribad cgi at the end there. That said, I'm pretty fucking tired of meereen so go ahead and burn the whole thing to the ground.
well if they are getting wrecked by dagger dudes, I can't see them doing much against the armies of the Seven Kingdoms lol.
Dragons have a weak ground game. They're meant to torch from the air.

Ceres

Banned
You know you done fucked up if you have a hard choosing between rooting for the boltons or stannis. Let brienne show up and kill all of them. She can protect Sansa while finally avenging Renley.

royalan

Dragon looks like it could be easily killed, don't know how much bigger it can get if any though.

We saw the skeleton of a dragon's head in season 1. It was almost the size of the black dragon's entire torso at his current size:

THNWyz1.jpg

Dany's dragons still have a LOT of growing to do.

well if they are getting wrecked by dagger dudes, I can't see them doing much against the armies of the Seven Kingdoms lol.
The Unsullied are nothing more than the special forces members in 24. Sure they look cool, but they're nothing more than glorified red shirts.

purg3

slept with Malkin
That was some terribad cgi at the end there. That said, I'm pretty fucking tired of meereen so go ahead and burn the whole thing to the ground.

Dragons have a weak ground game. They're meant to torch from the air.

I was referring to the Unsullied. Dragons are going to be OP though if what we all think is going to happen when we see Bran again.

Dragon looks like it could be easily killed, don't know how much bigger it can get if any though.

The dragons are lethal no doubt, but imo they're more of a moral strongpoint. When men without banners see a dragon on someone's end of the battlefield, whose side do you think they'll take?

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
The Arya stuff was plenty stupid as well. She couldn't have been more discrete... Her training is possibly the most disappointing thing ever.

First Swordsman of Bravos (forgot his name) needs to come back.

And I still have no idea why people like him. He's just a puppet, doing whatever he is told by Melisandre or Davos. He has no character other than "I'm the rightful king."

He isn't likable, but he is a compelling character. A man obsessed with fate, destiny, power, and whose judgement is clouded by a priestess. He's human to me in a way that Jon Snow and Dany are less so.

In complete agreement about the Arya stuff, by the way.

Pastry

Banned
We saw the skeleton of a dragon's head in season 1. It was almost the size of the black dragon's entire torso at his current size:

THNWyz1.jpg

At some point a couple of seasons back I thought I recall them saying that the dragons were getting smaller and smaller and then they just disappeared.

MikeyB

I wish that they had spent less time on Dorne and more time on Stannis making up his mind and his internal conflict. You had to assume that it was there, especially after his soft touch in the last couple of episodes.

Also, Arya selling molluscs in a whorehouse was something else. That's as creative as she got? She held her own around Tywin more convincingly than that entire sequence.

The acting is still solid (I actually think Dany is pretty good), but the writing is pretty darn rough this season.

nahlakhai

Decent episode. I kind of predicted to myself midway through that they might be doing a shocker/cliffhanging ep 10 this year.
Shireen dying was definitely shock value. Kids usually never die in Hollywood

CGI was weak this week though.

Popnbake

i hope the lord of light trolls him hard so he sacrificed his daughter for nothing.

we got this flame loony over here, and the flaying loony over there.

The red woman birthed out some demonic creature and that brotherhood without banners leader described his afterlife to be darkness.

The lord of light always did seem like a god you don't want to be sacrificing for.

THNWyz1.jpg

Yup.

And even already he still torched a whole lot of dudes before they could even start throwing the spears.

Yep!
Sansa heavy episode. Brienne gonna smoke some fools.

:D

Also I love that dragon theme. It was similar to when she locked up the dragons last season.

Also Jorah's back bitches!!!

Yup.

RDreamer

Uh... Why is Jorah touching Dany. He has that scale disease now.

Also, did Dany just leave them to the fucking crowds, lol.

And does anyone have a link to the preview for episode 10? Can't find it. Why in the world does HBO Now never have it up...

purg3

slept with Malkin
The red woman birthed out some demoic creature and that brotherhood without banners leader described his afterlife to be darkness.

The lord of light always did seem like some god you don't want to be sacrificing for.

Yeah, there's just something super sinister about it. Not a believer.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example

They can get much bigger. In season 1 they showed one of the skulls. Arya was able to hide inside it very easily. It was like the size of a garbage truck.

Pretty sure his left arm is infected and he touched her with his right.

iNvid02

davos is gonna be so mad stannis burned his figurine, that looked like it took some time to craft

The red woman birthed out some demoic creature and that brotherhood without banners leader described his afterlife to be darkness.

The lord of light always did seem like some god you don't want to be sacrificing for.

episode 10 preview talk:
yeah the snow has melted and they're ready to siege in the preview. man fuck stannis.

regarding the dragons, drogon has been out and about but still looks tiny and fragile, the other two moreso. she needs to create a serious training regime for them if they're gonna start changing the tide of wars

TheContact

At some point a couple of seasons back I thought I recall them saying that the dragons were getting smaller and smaller and then they just disappeared.

The official show wiki says that dragons keep growing as long as they're alive so the longer they live the bigger they get.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Also, did Dany just leave them to the fucking crowds, lol.

And does anyone have a link to the preview for episode 10? Can't find it. Why in the world does HBO Now never have it up...

I think the scale disease is only dangerous if she touches the infected portion.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Damn....RIP sweet lil Princess Shireen.

this too real. Never thought Stannis would go that far. Davos knew what was going down and still left which was surprising.

usually I just try to enjoy things but the Unsullied constantly getting bitched by pampered rich folks makes zero sense and it's taking me out of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom