• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
11407221_10153691962911487_5127193535444970901_n.jpg

dead @ Dany just leaving the squad.

Yeah LOL.

Ridli

Gah... so many things to process.

- Meryn Trant racking up them renegade points.
- Arya probably gonna piss off the Faceless men by going for a personal vendetta on the side.
- Jon probably should have immediately called a meeting to let people know about the army of the dead, but yeah, let's have some more lingering shots of crows looking pissy.
- Stannis can fuck right off.
- Red Witch can do the same.
- If Davos doesn't smack the crap out of Stannis next week, he's dead to me too.
- Tyrion still talking circles around everyone he meets.
- Good thing Jorah had enough super meter built up so he could EX roll and get that final hit.
- Dany lost a fiance.
- Panzer Dany Orta.

erawsd

Uh... Why is Jorah touching Dany. He has that scale disease now.

Also, did Dany just leave them to the fucking crowds, lol.

And does anyone have a link to the preview for episode 10? Can't find it. Why in the world does HBO Now never have it up...

In HBOnow just scrub through the credits to see it.

Figgles

And does anyone have a link to the preview for episode 10? Can't find it. Why in the world does HBO Now never have it up...

After the credits? That's how it is on go.

The Arya scenes were pretty bad

Literally the worst assassin ever. Walks into a whore house carrying a table twice her size selling oysters to everyone. 'EY WOULD YOU LIKE SOME OYSTERS YOU NOB SHINERS' 'Oh hey isn't that the Sta-OH HELLO PROSTITUTE'.

They could like, cut her and the story wouldn't suffer at this point.

That too. I'm assuming Dany has some immunity to it.

That was a shit episode.

Really, first of all, fuck Stannis. I said earlier I felt it had to be done, but I didn't think he would do it.

Second of all, Dany peacing out. She's horrible, and to top it off that was kind of a cheesy ending. Surprised it didn't end in a freeze frame like HP.

harrypotter3-06.jpg

Figgles

this too real. Never thought Stannis would go that far. Davos knew what was going down and still left which was surprising.

usually I just try to enjoy things but the Unsullied constantly getting bitched by pampered rich folks makes zero sense and it's taking me out of the show.

They are shit when they are alone or in close quarters. They fared much better once they were in the pit. They are still really disappointing.

RDreamer

Making of plays after the preview, so you went a little too far

Whoops. I guess the once or twice we got that far I was talking about the episode with my roommates. Also expected it to be put up separately because last year when I was using Go, that had the previews separate.

I should really watch the making ofs at some point :p

oatmeal

Banned
This felt like the most Hollywood episode outside of Shereen.

Everything was last minute saves.

Overall good episode but by far the weakest of the episode 9s.

iNvid02

she summoned a dragon and flew away because jorah was so close to escaping the friendzone, he must have got the message by now.

That was a pretty tame episode 9 I thought.

Fuck Stannis, I'm on Team WW now. That was cold blooded.

Pedo scene was awkward.

That whole ending with the dragon was corny as fuck. Bummer way to end an epic scene.

"Are you not entertained"

lt519

Unsullied are horrible, what the hell is wrong with them? Maybe it's the ones that haven't finished their training? Terrible CGI too. Outside of Shereen, which was phenomenal, it was probably the weakest episode of the season. Dany just peaces out too, at least fly around and torch some Harpies.

Kusagari

The Harpies are the best fighting force in the series.

Hundreds of them can hide in plain sight, stomp Unsullied and take on dragons.

Who knew ex-slavers were so powerful!

Griss

I don't get all this 'bad episode 9' stuff. There was never a promise that every episode 9 would be 'special' or good, this is a fan invention because of the way previous seasons plots' fell into place naturally. You can't be happy that they surprised us with having ep. 8 as the massive, earth-shaking episode then turn around and say 'what about our classic episode 9' at the same time? Just enjoy things as they come, and be glad the show isn't formulaic.

As for Shireen, let me just say that I'm not unhappy with that as a plot point - it has been established that Stannis will kill family members and that he's horribly brainwashed. But it's not right to show it happen on screen. Not with those screams. Not with a child. It's like GTA putting in a sex mini-game just begging for some bad publicity or something, it just stinks of a lame, edgy plea for attention that the show didn't need.

I'm okay with everything on screen but violence against kids. That's my personal line, and I won't budge on it.

Anyway, I hope Stannis has Ramsey go full Reek x10 on him, the sick ISIS-worshiping cunt.

is everyone forgetting when theon hanged those 2 crispy child corpses when he took over winterfell, we saw that

or when arya killed that little fat boy

or when that soldier killed that other little boy

Violence against children isn't anything new in GoT

Makai

I don't get all this 'bad episode 9' stuff. There was never a promise that every episode 9 would be 'special' or good, this is a fan invention because of the way previous seasons plots' fell into place naturally. You can't be happy that they surprised us with having ep. 8 as the massive, earth-shaking episode then turn around and say 'what about our classic episode 9' at the same time? Just enjoy things as they come, and be glad the show isn't formulaic.

As for Shireen, let me just say that I'm not unhappy with that as a plot point - it has been established that Stannis will kill family members and that he's horribly brainwashed. But it's not right to show it happen on screen. Not with those screams. Not with a child. It's like GTA putting in a sex mini-game just begging for some bad publicity or something, it just stinks of a lame, edgy plea for attention that the show didn't need.

I'm okay with everything on screen but violence against kids. That's my personal line, and I won't budge on it.

Anyway, I hope Stannis has Ramsey go full Reek x10 on him, the sick ISIS-worshiping cunt.
http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt0944947

Oscar

Unsullied constantly getting bitched by pampered rich folks makes zero sense and it's taking me out of the show.
Lol yeah that makes me facepalm every time, especially now that we saw them unmasked during combat tonight. You're telling me these guys that have been trained to kill for most of their lives are getting rekt by middle aged, soft bodied rich folks wielding tiny daggers? Come on son.

kinggroin

Banned
Was the kid being burnt alive and screaming through it all necessary to be done in real time? Fuck man.

Can't the hug between father and daughter be enough (we aren't idiots, we know what he's going to do); just have Davos figure out when he discovers the toy burnt up when he returns.

Meh.

Nose Master

Was really hoping Dinny was gonna eat it this episode. She is the god damn worst. I thought Jorah was just sacrificing himself on account of the stonemenouttanowhere zombie bite, but nope. Geeked out when she just dipped and left everyone there to get murdered.

Fuck Stannis. Officially stripped of the title "the mannis." Saw it coming and said "oh stannis you piece of shit" out loud as soon as he sent Davos away and had to stop myself from speculation spoiling the people around me. :'(

Also... does anyone actually give a shit about Snow anymore?

Ridli

is everyone forgetting when theon hanged those 2 crispy child corpses when he took over winterfell, we saw that

None of those kids were betrayed by their father, who previously made an passionate declaration of love for them.

Reflecting on it, that wasn't a bad episode. Quite good actually. In regards to the Shireen sacrifice I don't think it's that out of character for Stannis to have gone through with it. He's been convinced by Melissandre that he is the chosen one who will save Westeros from the White Walkers hasn't he? It was clear that he loved his daughter but that he also felt an extreme level of duty to fulfil his destiny. It's not like he was laughing as he did it either, he looked broken. It's probably the hard sacrifice that will win him the war and the North. I just wonder if Stannis does win and is a main character again next season will the audience actually like him. I mean, he did burn a 10 year old girl alive as she screamed for help.

Did anyone else think that the Sons of Harpy looked a lot more diverse this episode? It looked more like a mix of slave masters and slaves to be honest. I just wonder who is behind it all seeing as they killed Hizdhar, and why they disappeared and then returned. Also, what's happened to Grey Worm? This is the third episode in a row he's missed and this one was pretty Meereen heavy.

BokehKing

Banned

Yeah.... Nothing like we saw tonight at all though, someone we got to know...

I guess that means Stannis won't take winterfell now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom