• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The thing that gets me is that these Unsullied dudes are trained to be the perfect warriors and they are getting merc'd by these fucking mask scrubs. So stupid.

Griss

Feeling nervous for Shireen already. Killing her would be shlock-value bullshit, imo. If Stannis defends her, even at the cost of his life, he will go down as the GOAT candidate for the throne, even if that's just his base duty as a father.

And I agree that we won't see a major battle in the rest of the season. The siege of Winterfell can easily be done off screen. "Your grace, our men have suffered grievous losses and are parked outside the walls of winterfell. We won't last 3 months here..." etc etc. And Melly comes back "I told you Stannis. But there is still that other way..."

The 'big fight' today will be Jorah in the fighting pits at the end of the episode. My prediction is that the harpies will attack halfway through, all hell will break loose, Jorah will attempt to get to Dany and infect tons of people along the way, and (and this is a big, wild guess) Jorah and Tyrion will lead Dany away from Mereen for good. It's like the only way out of this shitty situation at this point if there's only two seasons left.

What else could happen there? The pits go off without a hitch and Jorah dies in honour? That's not dramatic enough. The title of the episode also makes me think that Dany could plot to have Viserion and Rhaegon (sp?) show up halfway through the fight to emphasise to the entire city where her power comes from, but we haven't seen her have that kind of control so I think it's less likely than my other guess. Are they still on chains? Also, this is where the whole 'don't feed your dragons humans' could start causing her issues.

As for Arya, I reckon she'll meet Mace and Trant either this episode or the next, while staking out the crooked insurance broker. I was sure that Trant wasn't being sent to kill Mace, that prediction never made sense as Cersei DID need someone to deal with the Iron Bank. Maybe he'd kill him on the way home but he was always going to make it to that meeting.

As for Jon, I have no idea how the Watch are going to react to his tale of Hardhome. Honestly the only plausible reaction is everyone saying 'Shit, this guy was right all along' but the show seems to have been leading us in the other direction. Don't think we'll see much of Jon tonight after last episode's fireworks.

Surely they'll have to touch on Dorne again but I don't really give a shit about that. As for Cersei, I think they'll leave her in jail between seasons.

Just please, please... don't kill Shireen.

It's hardly a consolation after that Shireen scene but holy SHIT were my predictions on point today.

I do like that fact that she was shown to be losing Mereen throughout the season because she couldn't rule it properly and now instead of a turnaround she has simply lost it for good. Will she ever come back? She'd have to torch it all. Better to let Tyrion, Jorah and Daario fight out of there with the cute assistant girl and meet up somewhere that isn't crazy.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Judging by the preview. Looks like they're going for an exciting episode 10 this year.
Yep!
Sansa heavy episode. Brienne gonna smoke some fools.

Also I love that dragon theme. It was similar to when she locked up the dragons last season.

Also Jorah's back bitches!!!

Riding part looked rough, understandably, but the rest of it was fucking amazing.

Yup.

The rest of it looked amazing, and that part where it roared in front of her was super impressive looking despite being so close up.

And last week's battle was amazing looking too.

Tyrion and the bros sitting on the stairs in that throne room still in shock and recovering from this it looked like.

slit

Wow I knew it was coming when Stannis went to his daughter to talk, but burning her alive was still insane!

I wondered if they were really going to do it as they were leading her.

MikeyB

The thing that gets me is that these Unsullied dudes are trained to be the perfect warriors and they are getting merc'd by these fucking mask scrubs. So stupid.
This is the part that makes the least sense to me.

Goddambed highborns who never fought a day in their lives taking on people trained since childhood. Of yeah, and with daggers vs goddamned spears.

iNvid02

those guys would have done so much better with swords, the sons of the harpy just run up and shank them before they can do anything with those spears. fucking scrubs

its like call of duty knifing before you can get a shot away, i love it

El-Suave

Even though it's still young they made that dragon look too vulnurable to me, they are supposed to defeat armies aren't they - and here he seemed to have gotten in serious trouble from a dozen men with spears.

Carl

Pretty good ep. Dany scene was the most interesting she has been in years but she's still awful. Stannis went from being the man to being a colossal cunt

Road

The Arya stuff was plenty stupid as well. She couldn't have been more discrete... Her training is possibly the most disappointing thing ever.

First Swordsman of Bravos (forgot his name) needs to come back.

Stannis remains by far the most compelling character to me.

And I still have no idea why people like him. He's just a puppet, doing whatever he is told by Melisandre or Davos. He has no character other than "I'm the rightful king."

Even though it's still young they made that dragon look too vulnurable to me, they are supposed to defeat armies aren't they - and here he seemed to have gotten in serious trouble from a dozen men with spears.

I think their strength comes from flying. There he was a sitting duck, easy target.

TheContact

I was on the stannis boat up until tonight. Now I'm conflicted on stannis vs boltons. Best case scenario Ramsay and Stannis die next episode

Loakum

Banned
Damn....RIP sweet lil Princess Shireen.

ZTQTS0f.gif

Portugeezer

This is the part that makes the least sense to me.

Goddambed highborns who never fought a day in their lives taking on people trained since childhood. Of yeah, and with daggers vs goddamned spears.
There was more of them... Anyway, who cares when mother fucking dragons!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom