• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of those kids were betrayed by their father, who previously made an passionate declaration of love for them.

you mean the same father who's entrance into the story was burning a bunch of his clansmen because they didn't agree with him, the same Stannis that let a demon he helped give birth to kill his own brother, that very same stannis?

Just making sure it's the same stannis

G0H7UW6.png

LOL that's hilarious.

This show really needs more Missandei. Girl is so ridiculously good looking.

And where in the hell was Grey Worm? Dude too busy making rap videos.

Lol yeah that makes me facepalm every time, especially now that we saw them unmasked during combat tonight. You're telling me these guys that have been trained to kill for most of their lives are getting rekt by middle aged, soft bodied rich folks wielding tiny daggers? Come on son.
I have to go back to work tomorrow. I needed that laugh.

iNvid02

still trying to understand why stannis would do that but I cant, after all that shit hes come out with before.

nope... im going to sleep.

Curufinwe

The Harpies are the best fighting force in the series.

Hundreds of them can hide in plain sight, stomp Unsullied and take on dragons.

Who knew ex-slavers were so powerful!

It's incredible that people still assume it's just the slave masters themselves fighting, like the richest people in the city can't afford to hire professional fighters.

Portugeezer

Lol yeah that makes me facepalm every time, especially now that we saw them unmasked during combat tonight. You're telling me these guys that have been trained to kill for most of their lives are getting rekt by middle aged, soft bodied rich folks wielding tiny daggers? Come on son.

Tyrion beasting at war previously was also a thing. It's GoT.

Ridli

you mean the same father who's entrance into the story was burning a bunch of his clansmen because they didn't agree with him, the same Stannis that let a demon he helped give birth to kill his own brother, that very same stannis?

Just making sure it's the same stannis

I'm not pretending he's a saint, or that the GOT world has been some idyllic place where children are safe. Stannis entered the show at a very dark point. He lost it all at Blackwater and has been slowly crawling back up into likability over the last year on a path of redemption, culminating with a rather touching scene not four episodes ago. Today he basically threw all that good will away for a shock value moment. It is entirely possible that people would be disappointed.

tcrunch

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
aS07OTS.gif

EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF A TEAM
nO4sYDY.gif

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
wacNFhL.gif

WHEN YOU LIVE IN A DREEEEEEAAAAM
QMGmu8E.gif

requiescat in pace in pieces
4krPR3z.jpg

I'm not pretending he's a saint, or that the GOT world has been some idyllic place where children are safe. Stannis entered the show at a very dark point. He lost it all at Blackwater and has been slowly crawling back up into likability over the last year on a path of redemption, culminating with a rather touching scene not four episodes ago. Today he basically threw all that good will away for a shock value moment. It is entirely possible that people would be disappointed.

I don't think it had much shock value to be honest. I'm pretty sure anyone who's been paying attention has known it was going to happen, as much as we didn't want it to happen and were hoping it wouldn't.

The mother coming to her senses at the end though, that was shocking because so many people expected her to be the one to secretly do it.

MikeyB

Clearly Dany has been wasting time like we have all presumed. She should have left ages ago.
Maybe she needed to have her armies decimated by idiots in togas and vision limiting headgear, lock up her dragons, and have the people she freed continuously tell her they liked things better before (for a solid ten episodes) before she remembered Westeros.

Venture

Did anyone else think that the Sons of Harpy looked a lot more diverse this episode? It looked more like a mix of slave masters and slaves to be honest. I just wonder who is behind it all seeing as they killed Hizdhar, and why they disappeared and then returned. Also, what's happened to Grey Worm? This is the third episode in a row he's missed and this one was pretty Meereen heavy.
Grey Worm was seriously injured. I guess he's still recovering. Yeah, I'm totally confused about the Sons of the Harpy now. Although I do have a completely baseless theory that Daario is behind it all. If they're his men it would explain why they're such good fighters.

The dragon CGI was fucking incredible until she got on the thing.
I just think dragon riding is bound to look a little silly no matter how good the effects. They pulled it off about as well as they could.

I was talking about his own penis dammit

I think that's why they did why they did, because Stannis went from a bit zit who nobody liked and had to deal with, to a likable fellow, and now he's done a face-turn-heel and he's so damn hated that it makes Ramsay seem like a saint

Portugeezer

I was going to say he offers his right hand to Dany's, which I don't believe is infected yet or whatever (don't know if it matters)... but then there is a continuity error from the close up to the long shot and he is then grabbing her with his left hand.

Dany is fucked. Dragon is now fucked.

JJP12

The Unsullied are clearly not cut out to police Meereen. They belong in formation on a battlefield. That probably won't happen until next season but please Dany give these guys swords or something of the like in the meantime.

Also poor Shireen :( Watching or rather listening to that was almost unbearable.

nahlakhai

Grey Worm was seriously injured. I guess he's still recovering. Yeah, I'm totally confused about the Sons of the Harpy now. Although I do have a completely baseless theory that Daario is behind it all. If they're his men it would explain why they're such good fighters.

I just think dragon riding is bound to look a little silly no matter how good the effects. They pulled it off about as well as they could.

Daario is easily the most annoying character in this entire show IMO.

RDreamer

I think we now all know that at the end of everything Ramsay will be king. Apparently he can do anything. He can fight off fully armored men while shirtless, and he can sneak into someone who's supposed to be a great commander's camp and fuck him up so badly he burns his daughter alive.

BizzyBum

Why are people saying Shireen's death was hard to watch? They didn't show anything. Hard to listen to, yeah. If they actually showed her burning that would have been truly fucked.

Also, it was pretty obvious it was going to happen. But that march before she realizes what's happening and then the realization on what's about to go down. Damn...

Grey Worm was seriously injured. I guess he's still recovering.

I just find it weird it's taken him 3 episodes to do so. Rarely is a character out for that long when they're simply injured and should probably be in a few of the scenes for the episodes they missed.

Meowster

Maybe she needed to have her armies decimated by idiots in togas and vision limiting headgear, lock up her dragons, and have the people she freed continuously tell her they liked things better before (for a solid ten episodes) before she remembered Westeros.
On the bright side.. presuming she comes back to rescue her main crew lol.. she'll at least have experience in how NOT to fuck things over and how NOT to make stupid decisions. Lmao.

Garuroh

is everyone forgetting when theon hanged those 2 crispy child corpses when he took over winterfell, we saw that

or when arya killed that little fat boy

or when that soldier killed that other little boy

Violence against children isn't anything new in GoT

there is a difference between killing random unimportant kids and killing named kid characters

Ralemont

not me
I think that's why they did why they did, because Stannis went from a bit zit who nobody liked and had to deal with, to a likable fellow, and now he's done a face-turn-heel and he's so damn hated that it makes Ramsay seem like a saint

Kind of who he's always been, in my opinion. All that's changed is that we found out he actually does (did) love his daughter, but it never meant he's choose that over everything else.

Now of course the show has the problem of viewer apathy, where no one really gives a shit who controls the North. Unless somehow Sansa, Brienne, and Davos trick everyone into killing each other and they set up shop.

Nameless

I don't think it had much shock value to be honest. I'm pretty sure anyone who's been paying attention has known it was going to happen, as much as we didn't want it to happen and were hoping it wouldn't.

The mother coming to her senses at the end though, that was shocking because so many people expected her to be the one to secretly do it.

Yeah Shireen's death is least shocking in the series. They pretty much spelled it out last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom