• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this just struck me, but why the hell would the Watch kill Jon? The dude did something they didn't agree with, but killing him is a bit much, isn't it? They could have detained him or impeached him or something. Why go that far?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So this just struck me, but why the hell would the Watch kill Jon? The dude did something they didn't agree with, but killing him is a bit much, isn't it? They could have detained him or impeached him or something. Why go that far?

They're all a bunch of murdering assholes.

Most of them are just there because they were recruited from prisons.

jwk94

Just finished catching up. I think I'm done with this show. That finale was bad imo and it made me realize just how little I care because of how disposable characters feel. Aryas story jumped the shark, Danys is just stupid now, the walkers thing just doesn't interest me without Jon, and so on and so forth. I like that Theon and Sansa jumped off that wall though.

Because they could. Without Sam there, there was nobody to oppose, plus they've kinda been wanting to do it since day one.

Oysters, clams, and cockles!

You all knew this would happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJhXez42Ko

And this too, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5PHTbt2GdM

Because the free folks killed men of the watch? Thus, in their mind, Jon let brothers die in favor for the free folks. Don't see why this is strange, really. The free folks even slaughtered everyone Olly knew.

FafaFooey

I bought the GoT S1-3 BluRay box for dirt cheap and re-watching the first few episodes is like watching amateur theatre. The special effects have been decent from the start but the way too clean digital lighting and awkward acting makes it a chore to get through.

I've never quite understood why they went for digital cameras instead of proper film to shoot a series based on ye olden days. Boardwalk Empire thankfully understood the necessity of film for shooting something based on the 1930's.

I'll see George R. R. Martin later today. Do you want me to throw a shoe at him or something?

34RtY8Z.gif

Saganator

I haven't been following this thread much, so not sure if this theory has been brought up yet, but...

I think Jon Snow was killed off for plot reasons. He's so insistent about not breaking his oath to the Night's Watch, but now that he died, he kept his oath and is no longer bound by it. Melisandre realizes Stannis is not the Warrior of Light, but somehow realizes the Warror of Light is actually Jon Snow, she then revives Jon, proclaims him the true Warrior of Light, and Jon can do what he wants, now that he's no longer bound by his oath.

I haven't been following this thread much, so not sure if this theory has been brought up yet, but...

I think Jon Snow was killed off for plot reasons. He's so insistent about not breaking his oath to the Night's Watch, but now that he died, he kept his oath and is no longer bound by it. Melisandre realizes Stannis is not the Warrior of Light, but somehow realizes the Warror of Light is actually Jon Snow, she then revives Jon, proclaims him the true Warrior of Light, and Jon can do what he wants, now that he's no longer bound by his oath.

Yepp, this theory is brought up on every page by everyone ;b

darknil

I really liked the final part of this season but kept wondering for something I was hoping got picked more on reviews, what's up with Jon's eyes changing color while dying?

I saw it and hoped it got more discussion as it was a signal of hope, right?

I bought the GoT S1-3 BluRay box for dirt cheap and re-watching the first few episodes is like watching amateur theatre. The special effects have been decent from the start but the way too clean digital lighting and awkward acting makes it a chore to get through.

I've never quite understood why they went for digital cameras instead of proper film to shoot a series based on ye olden days. Boardwalk Empire thankfully understood the necessity of film for shooting something based on the 1930's.

cost, i imagine.
did you notice littlefinger's accent developing over the course of two-three seasons?

cj_iwakura

i think I was just MAJORLY spoiled (somewhere else) for shit to come, unless the show is veering far from the book... FUCK! Sometimes, I loath the Internet. U_U

Neither community knows anything anymore. It's all theories from here on out. Winter has arrived. So I wouldn't be too freaked out.

Kinyou

Because they could. Without Sam there, there was nobody to oppose, plus they've kinda been wanting to do it since day one.
I think Sam was actually lucky that he wasn't there anymore. When Thorne said to him "seems like all your friends are leaving" I took that as a threat.

I imagine it'll play out like this:

"Don't go there, Arya. You'll be killed."

*doesn't know where she's even going because she's blind*

*dies*
fixed

aasoncott

I think a lot of people who think that JS is really dead are totally ignoring a HUGE hint. If you look closely you can see his eye slightly shift, just before the credits roll. Some people seem to think it's just a lighting change, but if you look at it closely, it could only have been on purpose.

I made a short video that shows just how clear it actually is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjRjbOFgGiI

It might be subtle, but I think it's an unmistakable sign that we're going to see him back next season.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i dont think the whole Nights Watch betrayed Jon.. there were only 10 or so present. A good portion of the Watch is made up of murderers and rapists. Its not like Nights Watch mutiny just came out of nowhere. Jon is the second Watch lord to die by his own men on the show.

Makai

I think a lot of people who think that JS is really dead are totally ignoring a HUGE hint. If you look closely you can see his eye slightly shift, just before the credits roll. Some people seem to think it's just a lighting change, but if you look at it closely, it could only have been on purpose.

It might be subtle, but I think it's an unmistakable sign that we're going to see him back next season.
High-five-8.gif

Brojito

Neo Member
Neither community knows anything anymore. It's all theories from here on out. Winter has arrived. So I wouldn't be too freaked out.

The show and books are caught up... sort of. There are still a few (fairly significant) plotlines that have not been covered by the show yet. I don't really know if the show is planning on doing them later on, or just cutting them completely, so be careful.

Zaptruder

Banned

Hah. Good stuff.

That's some glorious editing.

oti

Banned
Did not throw the shoe. Repeat, did not throw the shoe.

CICjc8PWsAA2o6-.jpg

Sibel Kekilli was there too and said that I was cute (not lying).

oti

Banned
You suck.

What did he talk about?

This and that. How he doesn't really like to be in the spotlight and his relation to Germany, stuff like that. Than he read a chapter of the next book and since I only watch the series I understood nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Anyhow, the words "cunt" and "spanking" were in that chapter so there you go.

This and that. How he doesn't really like to be in the spotlight and his relation to Germany, stuff like that. Than he read a chapter of the next book and since I only watch the series I understood nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Anyhow, the words "cunt" and "spanking" were in that chapter so there you go.

Bron confirmed.

Now that I think about it it's kind of odd that Bron and Jaime never spoke about Tyrion or what he did during their time together at Dorne. I mean there was nobody closer to Tyrion than those two and Jaime was the one who set him free.

oti

Banned
That's Denis Scheck interviewing him, right? Totally jaelous.

Yes and he was great. But he went from a question about jetpacks to "So George R. R. Martin, who do you think really controls this world?" and Martin was just as confused as we were.

Ovid

THGyKy4.gif

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Wait, GRRM was in Germany? Where and what event was it?

Alpende

No wonder I missed that. Even had to replay the video a couple of times.

Bron confirmed.

Now that I think about it it's kind of odd that Bron and Jaime never spoke about Tyrion or what he did during their time together at Dorne. I mean there was nobody closer to Tyrion than those two and Jaime was the one who set him free.

They did.

Pretty sure that after this convo Bronn knew not to bother bringing him up anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom