• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Melisandre's theme or whatever plays when she's around. It's so creepy.

A variation of that musical cue plays pretty much whenever there's Lord of Light worshipers on screen. Stannis, Melisandre, The Brotherhood...it even played when Varys told the story of his mutilation and revealed the Fire Priest in the crate. So good.

Don't lie to us. You were just in to see Jon Snu's oiled abs.

qEPKs8M.gif
lol for a second I thought this was a GoT preview. I was like "holy shit! What's going on here"

Vashetti

Banned
Was the guy in bed with Loras the same guy from the brothel who had sex with Oberon in season 4?

Yes, Olyvar, currently running the brothel for Littlefinger.

He also slept with Loras in S3 and ratted him out to Littlefinger, which brought the Loras/Sansa marriage to a swift end.

^^^ Now that you mention that.

Are there any examples of Varys outwitting or outscheming Littlefinger?
My favorite character is Varys, and has been since season 1, but Littlefinger seems to foil Varys more than the other way around.

I think Varys will be revealed to be a more significant character by the end game, but as of now, it's the Littlefinger show.

dLMN8R

I'm more curious about Pycelle. In season 2 or 3 didn't he get some scene where he was alone, being super agile and limber, and the second someone else showed up he went back to playing crippled old man again?

Seems like he's the biggest "actor" in front of other characters, doing more than others to pretend like he's someone he's not.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm more curious about Pycelle. In season 2 or 3 didn't he get some scene where he was alone, being super agile and limber, and the second someone else showed up he went back to playing crippled old man again?

Seems like he's the biggest "actor" in front of other characters, doing more than others to pretend like he's someone he's not.

The thing is, he has gradually lost power ever since Tyrion was acting hand of the king. Now, things are even worse with Cerseri casting him aside in favor of Qyburn.

I don't know what or if he is going to do something about it.

In most tv shows, that scene would have had 0 chance of being deleted. It's fantastic.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This show is more full of fedoras than that though. A fedora for Jaime, fedora for little finger, fedora for both Rob Stark, and another for Robbert Baratheon... Despite his womanizing he was seriously obsessed with Ned's sis.

Jaime's not really fedora. Creepy, but not fedora. Littlefinger is post-fedora, we're talking full MRA pick-up artist here. Robert Baratheon wasn't fedora either; more post-university frat boy lost in a world without hazing. Having said that, I suspect that GoT fedora rankings could rival DBZ power level arguments.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Jaime's not really fedora. Creepy, but not fedora. Littlefinger is post-fedora, we're talking full MRA pick-up artist here. Robert Baratheon wasn't fedora either; more post-university frat boy lost in a world without hazing. Having said that, I suspect that GoT fedora rankings could rival DBZ power level arguments.

This scale is legit.

This deleted scene is the worst offender.

Seems like Loras forgot Renly instantly and now we're stuck with casual gay sex scenes.

Another great scene that shouldn't have been cut. I really wonder why they cut them, it's not like they're long scenes or they're on cable with a time restriction. If the scenes weren't good I'd understand but they are good and you're right, they removed any emotional attachment Loras had to Renly right away when they shouldn't have.

So I'm going through the series again, which I usually do before the start of a new season but didn't have time to do other than S4, and this part when Sam yields always makes me laugh my ass off because of his fucking thumb.

kidko

These deleted scenes are great, thanks for posting! I hadn't realized they were out there.

I think these scenes were cut due to pacing. They are all slow and non-essential, so easier to cut that others

Vashetti

Banned
Man, this OT is dead sometimes, but I am looking forward to the episode 2 tomorrow :)

Feel sorry for the folks who watched the leaked eps, they will end up waiting a month for new material. Plus they watched it in below SD.

I'm sure the thread will explode tonight as per usual with the new ep :)

New Episode Tonight: The House of Black and White

Arya arrives in Braavos. Pod and Brienne run into trouble on the road. Cersei fears for her daughter's safety in Dorne as Ellaria Sand seeks revenge for Oberyn's death. Stannis tempts Jon. An advisor tempts Dany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom