• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
Is that a black woman knight on the right...? When the hell was this? Westeros sure is progressing aside from the whole monarchy thing.

I just noticed that. Usually when they show someone of color, they're either slaves or soon to be former slaves....except for one very cool pirate.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cross-posting from the Funko Pop thread, here's my GoT collection, plus Dancing Groot.

I've got Sansa on reserve at my local store, they're going to call me when they get their next delivery in.

Very cool, here are mine:
BU92BbL.jpg

IuVX26w.jpg

managed to make it another weak without viewing That Which Shall Not Be Discussed. each episode will cement that as the Right Thing To Do, haha.
can't wait for episode two!

The only time I had the urge was the day after last episode. Once I got on with my week I completely forgot about the leak until just now checking this thread. Plus, a week wait is long enough. If I watched them it would be weeks until I saw a new episode. No, thanks.

Man, this OT is dead sometimes, but I am looking forward to the episode 2 tomorrow :)

I feel like it's been forever since last episode, and not much even happened then. We're dependant on new episodes here. Only hours left...

I feel like it's been forever since last episode, and not much even happened then. We're dependant on new episodes here. Only hours left...

Me too! I think it's because I was watching 2–4 episodes of the first four seasons each day leading up to the launch, so relative to that it's been quite a drought.

Reading up on history and relating it back to Game of Thrones can be a bit depressing. One example is the Harrying of the North. After William the Conqueror took over England, he got sick of all the Anglo-Saxon/Danish rebellions in the North and basically marched his men up there and destroyed everything, women, children, whole villages, crops and livestock. The Domesday Book a few years later described parts of it as "wasteland".

Did the North ever get revenge against William? Did anyone? Nope. Shit happens I guess, the "bad" guys often win, and most never get what they deserve.

Me too! I think it's because I was watching 2–4 episodes of the first four seasons each day leading up to the launch, so relative to that it's been quite a drought.

Yea, I remember when I binged on the first three seasons in the middle of the summer, and then had to wait nine or so months for season four.

Drove me insane having to actually wait for the season, and then having to wait a week for each episode!

Also you changing your avatar is like a little GAF mini game for me at this point, trying to figure out if it's a character or when you'll change it again.

Yea, I remember when I binged on the first three seasons in the middle of the summer, and then had to wait nine or so months for season four.

Drove me insane having to actually wait for the season, and then having to wait a week for each episode!

Also you changing your avatar is like a little GAF mini game for me at this point, trying to figure out if it's a character or when you'll change it again.

Well, we're getting close!

Armored Cersei at the moment, and I usually change at midnight PST. The only other characters I've done was Leia for Star Wars Celebration and a sweater based off of Mabel Pines.

Reading up on history and relating it back to Game of Thrones can be a bit depressing. One example is the Harrying of the North. After William the Conqueror took over England, he got sick of all the Anglo-Saxon/Danish rebellions in the North and basically marched his men up there and destroyed everything, women, children, whole villages, crops and livestock. The Domesday Book a few years later described parts of it as "wasteland".

Did the North ever get revenge against William? Did anyone? Nope. Shit happens I guess, the "bad" guys often win, and most never get what they deserve.

History is written by the victors... Of course, now common discourse is to try and rewrite history for whatever the current PC take is.

Griss

Pod would be the ultimate Westerosi nobility tour guide. Can pick a noble from half a mile away with 99.9% accuracy, for a cheap, cheap fee.

It's funny because it seems to be the one thing Brienne can't do so he's suited well for her.

Pod would be the ultimate Westerosi nobility tour guide. Can pick a noble from half a mile away with 99.9% accuracy, for a cheap, cheap fee.

It's funny because it seems to be the one thing Brienne can't do so he's suited well for her.

To be fair, Brienne never saw either of the Stark girls.

royalan

I love Brienne, but they need to give her something to do in order for me to continue caring about her.

Watching her travel extreme distances just to get shut down and start over is getting really boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom