• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

You're kidding right? Drogon was always a trouble maker, ever since like season 2. The other two dragons never did anything to show that they would end up like him. Nothing at all.

You're a new dog owner, and you have three dogs. One is obviously roudier and more aggressive than the others, and even attacks a child, so you have to put it down. You're saying it makes sense to put down the other two as well simply because they are dogs and they might end up like the aggressive one, despite showing zero signs of it.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

News flash - they aren't dogs. They're dragons, and she has no idea how to control them.

I would like to know how they got those new chains on when they caged them.

They must have went through a dozen chain sizes... and hundreds of personal changing them.

So I managed to watch Episode one without catching any spoilers. But it was a huge task. It's a field of spoiler landmines out there. I'm basically just staying away from any forum chatter at all. When you go to a game site to read comments about a game that has NOTHING to do with GoT, and still someone's talking about it... Ugh!

Has there been any word on ratings for episode 1? I'm interested to know whether the leaks had any impact on the overall viewership as the episode aired. Hopefully it didn't but I suspect it must have.

Wasn't he given a lordship somewhere? Unless he's still training Jaime, I don't expect to see him any time soon.

Last I remember of him was him talking to Tyrion in his cell. I have a shit memory, though.

He's my favorite male character, but if there ends up being a queen instead, I vote for Sansa. Arya is my overall favorite, but I don't see her path leading to royalty. To hell with Dany's incompetant ass.

Prine

Banned
I'm still waiting for Ned Starks revenge of some sort ;_; bloody Starks have almost been stricken from the record scrolls.

I'm still waiting for Ned Starks revenge of some sort ;_; bloody Starks have almost been stricken from the record scrolls.

ramsay-gif-8.gif

So I managed to watch Episode one without catching any spoilers. But it was a huge task. It's a field of spoiler landmines out there. I'm basically just staying away from any forum chatter at all. When you go to a game site to read comments about a game that has NOTHING to do with GoT, and still someone's talking about it... Ugh!

Has there been any word on ratings for episode 1? I'm interested to know whether the leaks had any impact on the overall viewership as the episode aired. Hopefully it didn't but I suspect it must have.

The ratings were insane. It had 8 million viewers, a record for the series--for ANY HBO series. The leak didn't hurt it much.

Last I remember of him was him talking to Tyrion in his cell. I have a shit memory, though.

He's my favorite male character, but if there ends up being a queen instead, I vote for Sansa. Arya is my overall favorite, but I don't see her path leading to royalty. To hell with Dany's incompetant ass.

Sansa? Pls.

Olenna would put the kingdoms in check in no time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seriously. His son led himself, Cat , and thousands of Stark bannermen to their deaths trying to avenge Ned, and his eldest daughter is basically with the man who betrayed him and destroyed his house.

If Ned had a grave he'd be spinning at light speed.

Don't worry, Arya or Bran will avenge/save them all.

That ship has long sailed I fear. There's no one left to kill that would avenge Ned Stark. Joffrey's dead, Tywin's dead, the Hound is MIA, The Mountain is basically dead, Jaime's ok again, even killing Cersei woudn't help.

The revenge list is getting so big there doesn't seem to be a point any more.

Nameless

Don't worry, Arya or Bran will avenge/save them all.

The way this show goes, by the time she's spent a few semesters with Jaqen and sailed back to Westeros 90% of the people on her list will be dead already.

Bran needs to worry about reversing the rapid aging curse the Three-Eyed Raven put on him before avenging anyone.

Not going to lie though, I'll burst with excitement if Jon rides with the One True King against House Bolton.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Don't understand why Stannis "I'm so full of shit" Baratheon needed to burn Mance alive? He needs the wildlings in order to have a sufficient force to march on the Boltons. It's not like the wildlings are going to join him after he just roasted their leader. Dude needs to chill out with his self righteous schtick.

"They call you the King beyond the wall. Westeros only has one king."

What the fuck are you talking about you daft idiot? These people weren't part of the bloody realm by virtue of being on the other side of the wall. I would love for Ramsey to get his hands on this prick.

Don't understand why Stannis "I'm so full of shit" Baratheon needed to burn Mance alive? He needs the wildlings in order to have a sufficient force to march on the Boltons. It's not like the wildlings are going to join him after he just roasted their leader. Dude needs to chill out with his self righteous schtick.

What the fuck are you talking about you daft idiot? These people weren't part of the bloody realm by virtue of being on the other side of the wall. I would love for Ramsey to get his hands on this prick.

Yeah, that seemed like a stupid move by Stannis but one way or the other, Stannis will not be able to get the Wildings to join.

Kvik

That ship has long sailed I fear. There's no one left to kill that would avenge Ned Stark. Joffrey's dead, Tywin's dead, the Hound is MIA, The Mountain is basically dead, Jaime's ok again, even killing Cersei woudn't help.

The revenge list is getting so big there doesn't seem to be a point any more.

Yeah, in GoT, revenge is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Either you chase the Iron Throne, or be a stepping stone for someone whom chases it.

Personally I'd prefer to see more of Arya and/or Bran Stark's adventures than anything else.

I'm assuming that the burning was more so Melisandra having her way with him because it seems to me like she's the one calling the shots, he's just her puppet. He was sentenced to death for attacking and the only reason he burned was because again, Melisandra calls the shots.

The reason why he said Westeros only has one king was because he was being held captive in Westeros, a place where the Wildlings want to get to. If they want access they will have to follow the rules of living under a king, no longer free folk.

televator

So what do you guys thinks is going on with Mr Mountain? You think that black robed wizard dude is gonna turn him into some kinda zombie?

It that's the case, I just hope its consistent with whatever magic is behind the white walkers.

So what do you guys thinks is going on with Mr Mountain? You think that black robed wizard dude is gonna turn him into some kinda zombie?

It that's the case, I just hope its consistent with whatever magic is behind the white walkers.

What do you mean consistent? Like they both have the same source of power?

I'm envisioning something similar to the blood magic that the witch did on Khal Drogo to turn him zombie.

I say, if Daenerys doesn't find the knowledge on how to train your dragon, she's fucked.
Her ancestors rode on dragons and she can't even taim them. Clearly, there must be a secret on how to taim the dragons, but I don't know one person who could know that.
Aemon Targaryen
, who kinda seem like he could know something, is dead or is he ? I am confused right know, haven't read the books !!

Vashetti

Banned
I say, if Daenerys doesn't find the knowledge on how to train your dragon, she's fucked.
Her ancestors rode on dragons and she can't even taim them. Clearly, there must be a secret on how to taim the dragons, but I don't know one person who could know that.
Aemon Targaryen
, who kinda seem like he could know something, is dead or is he ? I am confused right know, haven't read the books !!

Dude he was onscreen in the last ep of S4.

Yeah, that seemed like a stupid move by Stannis but one way or the other, Stannis will not be able to get the Wildings to join.

Why not? If the wildlings are 100% confident in "winter is coming" they will do whatever they can to get across the wall. And once they hit the wall they are left with either being burned alive like their leader or fight for Stannis who also promise them home in his conquered land....i don't see why they don't fight for him. They would be left with being burned alive, or heading back across the way and having to deal with whatever they believe "winter is coming" is.

Alpende

Why not? If the wildlings are 100% confident in "winter is coming" they will do whatever they can to get across the wall. And once they hit the wall they are left with either being burned alive like their leader or fight for Stannis who also promise them home in his conquered land....i don't see why they don't fight for him. They would be left with being burned alive, or heading back across the way and having to deal with whatever they believe "winter is coming" is.

Well they are called the free folk and I doubt they'd want to give that up because of pride, ideals and whatnot.

Well they are called the free folk and I doubt they'd want to give that up because of pride, ideals and whatnot.

I don't see it like that. They give up their freedom or they give up their lives. Winter is coming and they can't survive beyond the wall.

Mance was an idiot for not bending the knee, because of his selfish desire for freedom he could have potentially killed hundreds of thousands. If he had accepted Stannis as his king then at least the rest of the Wildlings would have had the option to fight for Stannis or stay behind and die in the winter. Now, because of Mance's actions they might not be given the opportunity to fight, they might just be left to die.

what i dont get is, instead of trying to go past the books, why not spend a season on some history of one of the Houses/Families such as the mad king era with Targaryen scenes? ive havent read the books but id love to see that

Gaz_RB

what i dont get is, instead of trying to go past the books, why not spend a season on some history of one of the Houses/Families such as the mad king era with Targaryen scenes? ive havent read the books but id love to see that

I imagine most people wouldn't because it doesn't involve much of the characters we know.

Vashetti

Banned
what i dont get is, instead of trying to good past the books, why not spend a season on some history of one of the Houses/Families such as the mad king era with Targaryen scenes?

Cast contracts. They're not waiting a year and putting the main show on hold.

They have their viewership, who want to see Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Arya, etc.

Like it or not, the show is going full steam ahead without waiting for George. The producers sat down with him for a week prior to doing S4 and mapped out all the major plotpoints and character progression. They know exactly how it ends and are working toward that.

Yes there will be differences, but generally, the ending will be the same. And the show will spoil the books.

Now let's speak no more of the books.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see it like that. They give up their freedom or they give up their lives. Winter is coming and they can't survive beyond the wall.

Mance was an idiot for not bending the knee, because of his selfish desire for freedom he could have potentially killed hundreds of thousands. If he had accepted Stannis as his king then at least the rest of the Wildlings would have had the option to fight for Stannis or stay behind and die in the winter. Now, because of Mance's actions they might not be given the opportunity to fight, they might just be left to die.

That's assuming the Wildlings can't win without him. Stannis can't stay in the North forever; he has to move South to defeat Bolton and then further to begin the process of regaining the kingdom from Tommen. Stannis has the only force in the North capable of defeating the Wildlings. As soon as Stannis leaves, the Wildlings can have their freedom and their life. Mance did what was best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom